The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Equinox Sky
Just sent ucas away the other day, applied for Ecological Science (environmental). Anyone else doing it or similar?

ehh.. MSc Ecological Economics. Has ecological in it right? :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
anyone else for anthropology...?
i got an offer from sheffield yesterday after sending my ucas out a week ago - why cant edinburgh be this quick!
Reply 183
I've applied to edinburgh this year and they've sent me an email telling me to register with 'myed' because it will apparently tell me if I've got an offer or not when they make a decision? What's the point of this?
Will my UCAS track still say if I've been accepted/declined?
i hope the offers start coming soon!
Reply 185
Offers from Edinburgh dont normally start to come out until near the end of Feb beginning of March (We had an admissions talk in our school from Edinburgh Today :P)
I am applying for law and social and economic history at Edinburgh this year. Hopefully sending off my UCAS within the next week!
Reply 188
moonshine_1991
I am applying for law and social and economic history at Edinburgh this year. Hopefully sending off my UCAS within the next week!

hey, nice to see you back again :smile: did all of the issues with the illness etc get sorted out?
barefootfiona

Grrr. Be careful there, fellow forum frequenter. :wink: If you have any doubts, pop over to the SS thread and you'll hopefully be convinced it's not as pointless as you (and many others) seem to think.

Also, you don't just study the language. You study the culture and literature too. And that interests me almost more. To be honest, I could proabably learn Norwegian quite easily just by spending a few months there. It's not about the language. It's about the experience and the passion.

Personally I love Swedish (I guess is like Norwegian too, but they sound so cheery when they speak), so I'm not as critical as it sounds... But I don't think I would've learnt Swedish if I hadn't been native speaker - now I got it for free. And I learnt Norwegian better by watching Norwegian TV, because my dad was fluent in both and he was like "ah, my daughter, you need to learn to understand Norwegian fluently, it will come in handy, so now we get Norwegian tv!"... But when you know Swedish, Norwegian becomes *very* easy to learn
oxymoronic
hey, nice to see you back again :smile: did all of the issues with the illness etc get sorted out?

Kind of, didn't get to do any exams last year so have to do them at college this year. The law admissions person said she'll put some sort reminder thing on my file to remind her of my circumstances so that is pretty good. Just hope the take pity and give me an offer this year too! Only problem is the entry requirement has increased- I will need an A instead of a B if I get an offer.
OOOh i'm getting excited, found out someone got an offer so anthropology at the end of october last year !!!
Reply 192
hanahahaha
i got an offer from sheffield yesterday after sending my ucas out a week ago - why cant edinburgh be this quick!

Wow you have already recieved an offer? Thats very quick considering no one from my school has (even the Oxbrige candidates) and im still waiting for my reference to be finished.

Applying to the following:

LSE- Management
Birmingham- International Business with Spanish
Edinburgh- International Business with Spanish
Warwick- International Business with Spanish
St. Andrews- Management with Spanish
rmoney
Wow you have already recieved an offer? Thats very quick considering no one from my school has (even the Oxbrige candidates) and im still waiting for my reference to be finished.

Applying to the following:

LSE- Management
Birmingham- International Business with Spanish
Edinburgh- International Business with Spanish
Warwick- International Business with Spanish
St. Andrews- Management with Spanish

i know it's insanely early. my school are quite pushy about early applications though and i think sheffield are obviously fast with their acceptances. i do feel some relief that i'm wanted by at least one university though!
Reply 194
Received an unconditional offer this morning!
joneal
Received an unconditional offer this morning!

well done! what are you applying for?
Who else has applied to study at Edinburgh? What are you all hoping to study?

Personally I'm looking for someone else who has applied to study maths and music...cos I literally haven't found anyone yet!

Oh yeah...and good luck with all your applications!

Keldene xxx
there's already a thread.....
Reply 198
I'm applying for English and Scottish Literature. Anyone else doing that?
Reply 199
morgonia
I'm applying for English and Scottish Literature. Anyone else doing that?

Hopefully, yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending