The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Good luck with the waiting, guys. :yes: They take ages, I got my offer about a week ago and sent my application away in November.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Glassworks
I applied for History of Art, but haven't heard anything yet...

I saw that you were the last person who'd posted on this thread and I know you've applied for history of art too so I eagerly scrolled down thinking they were FINALLY giving out offers. When will they do it?!
I want to know already
chloedabell
I saw that you were the last person who'd posted on this thread and I know you've applied for history of art too so I eagerly scrolled down thinking they were FINALLY giving out offers. When will they do it?!

I have a friend who this week received an offer for History of Art and Fine Art, but also a rejection for History of Art and Italian. I don't really know what to think!
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has received an offer for software development yet? I have been dying to go to edinburgh for so long and waiting for an offer is killing me. I got a letter from the uni saying that I had an unconditional. Obviously I was over the moon but then five days later another letter came in saying that they had made a mistake and that I would find out if I have an offer later that month!!! :frown:
My grades are four Bs and a C at higher and i'm taking two advanced highers and a crash higher this year.
Do anyone reckon I will be given an offer or are in the same situation as me?
Reply 985
I wonder if the fact a few people ahve got Language offers mean Linguistics will start sending stuff out soon.....
Reply 986
Rosie0914
I wonder if the fact a few people ahve got Language offers mean Linguistics will start sending stuff out soon.....

MFL and linguistics are different schools entirely, so no...

linguistics is in PPLS and MFL is in LLC so they won't be doing them all together - i'm surprised linguistics haven't started coming out yet as they're normally one of the earlier ones as it isn't as popular whereas for languages the wait is normally longer.... perhaps everyone wants to do linguistics this year! One guy already has a linguistics rejection though so they're doing something.
Reply 987
oxymoronic
MFL and linguistics are different schools entirely, so no...

linguistics is in PPLS and MFL is in LLC so they won't be doing them all together - i'm surprised linguistics haven't started coming out yet as they're normally one of the earlier ones as it isn't as popular whereas for languages the wait is normally longer.... perhaps everyone wants to do linguistics this year! One guy already has a linguistics rejection though so they're doing something.

Well, at least I haven't been rejected yet :smile: Good to know they're at least looking at them.... hopefully it'll be soon :smile:

When does accommodation open, out of interest?
Rosie0914
When does accommodation open, out of interest?

February 20th.
George Bernard Shaw
I want to know already

I would very much like to go back in time to this moment, back before the crushingly painful sensation currently located in and around my abdomens. Just received my rejection btw
Reply 990
haileyarb
i was just wondering, on the university website it states that there are usually no post-application open days for CHSS, so does this mean that if you receive an offer there is no other opportunity to visit before making your final decision?

That's weird. I went to one last year. :/
Reply 991
haileyarb
i was just wondering, on the university website it states that there are usually no post-application open days for CHSS, so does this mean that if you receive an offer there is no other opportunity to visit before making your final decision?

I was looking at that earlier. It's weird; I'm sure I had friends applying for HSS degrees who had an applicants visit day around March last year :s-smilie:
Reply 992
Out of interest-How do you know if you have an offer or rejection, people here mention the status not showing when you have an offer? I've just checked the EUCLID thing and the application status bar has got nothing in it (after it saying your application is pending our result since the start of my application) I haven't had any emails about my status changing though so am I just over analysing a mistake? :s-smilie:
Hey!

Does anyone know if there's a deadline that the universities have to send their decisions by? For Edinburgh do people usually hear end of Feb or Mid-March?

Anyone else getting impatient? hehe
Reply 994
barefootfiona
Hi guys! As you will be able to see from my sig, I have been rejected for both of the courses I applied to at Edinburgh. I'm obviously upset, but I'm not hysteric. That's life, right? More than one road leads to Oslo, and I'll just walk another.

Anyway, I know it may seem childish and so I'm hesitant about saying this, but I don't know if I'll continue updating this list. I would obviously really rather not, but I've started this thing and if I have to I'll damn well finish it! I don't know if it's possible to do this, but if an admin could give the resoponsibility to some other volunteer, that would be great.

I'll probably give it a break of a week anyway jsut to give myself some time. Otherwise, the best of luck to all of you! xxx

You got into Oxford but got two rejections from Edinburgh? Why did I even bother applying?!
Rejection :frown: History and German
silva228
Out of interest-How do you know if you have an offer or rejection, people here mention the status not showing when you have an offer? I've just checked the EUCLID thing and the application status bar has got nothing in it (after it saying your application is pending our result since the start of my application) I haven't had any emails about my status changing though so am I just over analysing a mistake? :s-smilie:

If my fees details has come up in the fees and funding section you have an offer.
kellywellydoodle
Hey!

Does anyone know if there's a deadline that the universities have to send their decisions by? For Edinburgh do people usually hear end of Feb or Mid-March?

Anyone else getting impatient? hehe

If your application was lodged with UCAS before the January deadline then the universities should aim to have returned all decisions by March 31st. However, the final deadline for returning decisions is May 7th. See here for details.
Reply 998
Hey:smile:
Been stalking this thread with an increasing sense of panic:p:
I have checked Euclid about three times since reading the recent posts:eek:
Anyway, a question:rolleyes:
Will Edinburgh still be giving out rejections and offers this week?
charz

Will Edinburgh still be giving out rejections and offers this week?

We don't do half term at university, so yes, offers and rejections will continue to be made this week.

Latest

Trending

Trending