The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

ivy.flower
what??? really? oh nooo :frown:
well I hope they'll answer soon :frown:
Thanks.:smile: It says 'This screen displays fee details for programmes for which we have made you an offer.' though so I would have thought I have been given an offer, but still, I was expecting a definitive answer sooner.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1181
Hi, I have applied for Mathematical Physics MPhys. I haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 1182
ive applied for medical sciences, do you think there will be updates on ucas/emails for myeuclid etc. aswell as letter? did they say anything else when you phoned? :smile:
the world spins madly on.
lol i definitely meant manchester not two aberdeens, yea i am english.
unfortunately got my edinburgh rejection today :frown:
not sure where i want to go now! stressful times.
good luck anyway (:

oh lol i thought u had maybe applied for 2 different courses there! I'm English too (from the South) so I'm a bit worried they'll be biased against me!
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that :-( Manchester is a really good uni although maybe one of the other Scottish ones as they're a lot cheaper :-)
Good luck for where ever you go, I'm sure where you go will be the right place for you and you will love it :-)
I have applied and received an unconditional offer for Business Studies
Just out of curiosity has anyone applied for accommodation yet?
I just got an offer through for Linguistics!

I am completely over the moon :smile: Definitely gonna be my first choice :biggrin:
Rosie0914
I just got an offer through for Linguistics!

I am completely over the moon :smile: Definitely gonna be my first choice :biggrin:

Yay!!! well done :smile: and good choice :smile:
I will die soon.

They said that all replies will go out for History by the 26th.

My friend got rejected for law today.

I'm dying, I really want an offer. I also really want them to reply tomorrow because I leave on holiday tomorrow and will only have limited internet access. :-(
ferdi.g

I'm dying, I really want an offer. I also really want them to reply tomorrow because I leave on holiday tomorrow and will only have limited internet access. :-(

Then I feel incredibly sorry for your parents or whoever you're going on holiday with as they will have to put up with you dying all over them.... although at the same time it will probably make for a better holiday and wait if you can't be checking UCAS every hour of the day and night :p:
Reply 1189
kellywellydoodle
For all prospective maths people...I got an email today saying that Edinburgh was hoping to send out all decisions by mid-March and they'd had a lot more applications than previous years so that's why it's taking longer than usual. I dunno if people had had the same reply...but there you go :smile:

Oooh thanks for the info, it is nicer to have an inkling of when to expect news. :biggrin:
However I am quite gutted I didn't get a message from them lol.:confused:
I'm expecting a rejection now to be honest. :o:
Thanks though! :biggrin:
oxymoronic
Yay!!! well done :smile: and good choice :smile:

Reply 1191
ferdi.g
I will die soon.

They said that all replies will go out for History by the 26th.

My friend got rejected for law today.

Try and have a good holiday whatever happens! Do you have a trusted friend you can get to check UCAS for you and then text you if you get an offer or would that just be too horrible?
Reply 1192
CallumFR
Finally, another Mathematical Physics applicant :biggrin:

I received my offer the other day, as did some other Physicists, so I'm sure you'll hear back soon :smile:

Haha, yeah, what else is there to study? :p:

Oh, that sounds nice! Frankly, I have only received a reply from one out of five institutions, so I am starting to get quite impatient :wink:
Reply 1193
MusicWithRocksIn
Just because you exceed the minimum grades for the course doesn't guarantee an offer of a place; you need a damn good personal statement to get in as well.
However, if Edinburgh have sent you a conditional offer through UCAS, as long as you meet your offer, you are in.

thanks for the reply^^
so the conditional i received is 34 and as long as i pass that im guaranteed a place? it doesn't have to be some ridiculously high score like over 40? cause we haven't even taken mocks yet and frankly im not sure if we're that prepared because nobody at our schools ever applied to anywhere else but the US...
newayz i can't wait for the exams to finish....it'd be killer if i could get in to edinburgh~
oxymoronic
Then I feel incredibly sorry for your parents or whoever you're going on holiday with as they will have to put up with you dying all over them.... although at the same time it will probably make for a better holiday and wait if you can't be checking UCAS every hour of the day and night :p:

It'll be like taking drugs off an addict. I'll start shivering.

I really want a reply today (although they seem to be sending out rejections at the moment, so maybe not today)!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna and "chill" and then jus2 hope for the best.

d123
Try and have a good holiday whatever happens! Do you have a trusted friend you can get to check UCAS for you and then text you if you get an offer or would that just be too horrible?

I have no trusted friend, I shall let nobody near my UCAS!

As I said, I'll just wait and see, and check my track from time to time.
joshm
Thanks.:smile: It says 'This screen displays fee details for programmes for which we have made you an offer.' though so I would have thought I have been given an offer, but still, I was expecting a definitive answer sooner.

yea, my screen too... oh gosh, I hope it is true that we get an offer..
and SOON please!
Reply 1196
the longer i'm waiting, the more i think i'm gonna get rejected :woo:

anyone applied for or heard back from geology?
Ceridwen
Applied for Biological Sciences.....still waiting.....

I also applied for Bio sc at edinburgh but still havent heard anything :s-smilie: do you know when they will tell us??
Dunno if anyone has any advice on this from experience.... but I figure it's worth asking.

I really want to go to Edinburgh, so I want to put it down as my Firm choice.

Of my other options, my next choice would be York, but they want higher grades. Newcastle want the same, but them and Edinburgh are my lowest.

So, should I put York or Newcastle down as my insurance? It doesn't matter either way, really, since if I miss my Edinburgh offer I miss all other - I just don't know whether it's worth putting York down because I like it more than Newcastle.

Also - I just looked at the term dates... my birthday is the second day of freshers' week :biggrin: Maybe handing out cake is a good way to make friends?
yoohj
thanks for the reply^^
so the conditional i received is 34 and as long as i pass that im guaranteed a place? it doesn't have to be some ridiculously high score like over 40? cause we haven't even taken mocks yet and frankly im not sure if we're that prepared because nobody at our schools ever applied to anywhere else but the US...
newayz i can't wait for the exams to finish....it'd be killer if i could get in to edinburgh~

If Edinburgh ask for 34 then 'all' you need is 34. :yes:

Rosie0914

Maybe handing out cake is a good way to make friends?

Oh, undoubtedly; give me cake and I shall be your Linguistics friend for life.:yep: :coma:

Latest

Trending

Trending