Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
just got a conditional for neuroscience! delighted!! :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Kittykatkat
At my school we were forced to do 5 in 5th year (it was a state school before you ask, and a pretty rubbish state school at that).

According to UCAS they want AABB - ABBB and they like you to have Maths and either technological studies, physics or engineering at grade B.

So if I were to do highers at a second sitting the entry requirements would be higher? :
ABBB -> ABBBB
or
AABB -> AABBB
d123
I got rejected.

I'm sorry to hear that :frown:

I'm waiting. Have had nothing today, and I'm getting less optimistic. But... Que sera, sera, right? :cool:
Reply 1383
Scabo0o
I will do :biggrin:

P.S. I adore House.

wow that was a badly worded sentence, i think i was trying to say two things at once there ! haha

house is the best thing on tv. ever. haha

are you applying for medical sciences with the view to go on and do medicine or ?
Aquadrive
So if I were to do highers at a second sitting the entry requirements would be higher? :
ABBB -> ABBBB
or
AABB -> AABBB

The way I usually read it is ABBB one sitting, AABB for two sittings. But these are minimum requirements and they can really ask anything they like.
d123
I got rejected.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that :frown:

Still nothing over here ><
I applied for International business with a language back in November as an international applicant, however, i still have not heard back from them. The admission officer sent me an email last week asking me what language i am intending on studying in addition to international business. Also today, they asked me via EUCLID to confirm my oversees fees. Should i take the two emails as a good sign??? Thanks. :smile:
Aquadrive
ABBB -> ABBBB
or
AABB -> AABBB

Usually over two sittings the requirements increase from four to five highers.
Reply 1388
njm08
wow that was a badly worded sentence, i think i was trying to say two things at once there ! haha

house is the best thing on tv. ever. haha

are you applying for medical sciences with the view to go on and do medicine or ?

Thats my aim, but i did want to do te biomedical sciences on its own merit anyway. My aim is to see if medicine is really what i want to do in the 3/4 years of my biomed degree. How about you?
Reply 1389
Scabo0o
Thats my aim, but i did want to do te biomedical sciences on its own merit anyway. My aim is to see if medicine is really what i want to do in the 3/4 years of my biomed degree. How about you?

I'm hoping to progress onto medicine as a graduate as my exam results when I was younger weren't brilliant, so biomed seems like the route - although edinburgh has the obvious advantage of having places on their medical degree. I've read others say that doing a science degree prepares you more for the medical degree though which seems like a good idea. plus i think it gives plenty of time to get work experience in. that said, i'm not very confident about getting into edinburgh as I'm only doing access to bio science and health (and sitting higher human bio)
Reply 1390
njm08
I'm hoping to progress onto medicine as a graduate as my exam results when I was younger weren't brilliant, so biomed seems like the route - although edinburgh has the obvious advantage of having places on their medical degree. I've read others say that doing a science degree prepares you more for the medical degree though which seems like a good idea. plus i think it gives plenty of time to get work experience in. that said, i'm not very confident about getting into edinburgh as I'm only doing access to bio science and health (and sitting higher human bio)

Try and be optimistic, you never know. :rolleyes: good luck
Great to see offers coming through for a lot of you. Some of your probably know about our thread with a list of applicants to edinburgh in the OP along with the status of said applications. Feel free to post in thread with your details if you're not already on it, or if you're status has changed but the OP doesn't reflect that then post and I will update it for you.

List of Edinburgh Applicants thread.
crazyarcticmonkey
Offer for Biological Sciences ! :woo:

eee nice! Me too :biggrin:

May I ask you what your offer is?? Because mine seems very high - considering on their website they say the average offer is ABB at A level...
Reply 1393
I am still waiting to hear! This is almost unbearable now. Does anyone think there is anything to be gained by calling them and asking if they know when I might hear back for my course?? Or would that just seem impatient? I don't want to appear to be hassling them, i just wonder if they might already know, but haven't got it together to send out responses?
Shall I call them?? :confused:

Congrats/ commiserations to everyone who has heard, and good luck to those still suffering the wait...
I'm still waiting for both medicine and medical sciences...it's killing me :s-smilie: Hope we all hear sooooon! :smile:
Reply 1395
think the medical sciences one is taking a while from what ive heard...
Reply 1396
i haven't actually even been acknowledged by edinburgh....
Grodzinski
I applied for International business with a language back in November as an international applicant, however, i still have not heard back from them. The admission officer sent me an email last week asking me what language i am intending on studying in addition to international business. Also today, they asked me via EUCLID to confirm my oversees fees. Should i take the two emails as a good sign??? Thanks. :smile:

oo ive applied for International business too! still not heard anything though :frown: aparently it might be this friday!
Reply 1398
Rejected for History :frown:

I'm dissapointed but I'm still waiting on St Andrews which means I could end up in Scotland yet.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting.
Hey new to this thing but been reading comments on here for the past week to see if anyone has got offers
Im in the category of..."still pending your decision"
Im losing my mind
Anyone got history offers yet?!

Latest

Trending

Trending