The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Danakpop
Argh, International Business with a Language offers and rejections are coming out already and mine is still pending. I am so impatient, I just want a decision already. x.x

I know the feeling :frown:

I just want to get planning!!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1581
Indre
Rejection (L100)...

Same :<

Have you asked for feedback
Danakpop
Argh, International Business with a Language offers and rejections are coming out already and mine is still pending. I am so impatient, I just want a decision already. x.x

Same. Loads of people got offers for my subject on Friday, it seems, and here I am a week later going maaaaaaad.
Hi,
I was wondering - on EUCLID my application staus has gone blank and under my fees details it says they have made an offer for social anthropology. ive not recieved anything via ucas yet but i'm wondering...i made two applications, one for social anthropology and one for pyschology. is it likely that the application status for pyschology would have gone blank without them having made a decision yet (because the other one went blank) or does it mean that I definately don't have a place? any help would be greatly appreciated!
marshmallowmountain
Hi,
I was wondering - on EUCLID my application staus has gone blank and under my fees details it says they have made an offer for social anthropology. ive not recieved anything via ucas yet but i'm wondering...i made two applications, one for social anthropology and one for pyschology. is it likely that the application status for pyschology would have gone blank without them having made a decision yet (because the other one went blank) or does it mean that I definitely don't have a place? any help would be greatly appreciated!

It seems they have made a decision for both- as to what decision they have made for psychology I don't know.
thanks! hopefully i'll have got in to do pyschology as it's my first choice but if not then i guess there's not much i can do!
Question: Does anyone know if they're going to be holding an MA Applicants Visit? Am too lazy to google and I've heard several people saying that there won't be. However the prospectus says there probably will be. :P I'm a little confused.
Maybe a silly question, but I just don't understand.
I got a message from Edinburgh, with information regarding my 'acceptance of our conditional offer' They ask me this: 'Please supply certificates to verify the qualifications you have already completed as listed in your UCAS application' Their conditions are a Dutch VWO certificate. I listed on my UCAS that I'll take the final exams in May and that I already obtained an IELTS and a HAVO certificate (we have different levels of secundary education). Do they want me to supply those certificated, or do they send this e-mail on forehand, so that I can submit it when I recieve my final VWO grades in June..
I really don't know...
Emmeline05
Maybe a silly question, but I just don't understand.
I got a message from Edinburgh, with information regarding my 'acceptance of our conditional offer' They ask me this: 'Please supply certificates to verify the qualifications you have already completed as listed in your UCAS application' Their conditions are a Dutch VWO certificate. I listed on my UCAS that I'll take the final exams in May and that I already obtained an IELTS and a HAVO certificate (we have different levels of secundary education). Do they want me to supply those certificated, or do they send this e-mail on forehand, so that I can submit it when I recieve my final VWO grades in June..
I really don't know...

They want copies of your IELTS and HAVO certificates. They know your VWO grades are predicted - but any qualification you have declared you already have has to be proven :smile:
Reply 1589
pym
Same :<

Have you asked for feedback

I got a message on the euclid. It says that "qualifications or grades you have achieved or are predicted to achieve, as listed in your application, do not meet the minimum requirements for this programme". It's sad because my grades are good enough, maybe they just don't want lithuanian applicants cause all of my friends got rejections.. lol
By the way, I also have an offer from York, so maybe we will meet there :wink:
Indre
I got a message on the euclid. It says that "qualifications or grades you have achieved or are predicted to achieve, as listed in your application, do not meet the minimum requirements for this programme". It's sad because my grades are good enough, maybe they just don't want lithuanian applicants cause all of my friends got rejections.. lol

You have to bear in mind that the minimums they list for foreign qualifications are like the Higher and A level qualifications they publish - bare minimums. If you're competing against hundreds of other candidates who also meet those requirements, then it comes down to other factors like personal statements.
Reply 1591
Indre
By the way, I also have an offer from York, so maybe we will meet there :wink:

Ah, I just got a general increased competition blah blah etc reason on euclid :<

Are you thinking of firming York then?
offer for social anthropology!!!! omg at last XD
Hi all!
I've been accepted into Edinburgh to do a MA joint honours in Sociology and Politics (woop woop!). But i was wondering if it would be possible for me to switch to a double degree in Politics AND Sociology....just wondering if anyone had any experience, advice or furious head-shaking to give me. :o: I'm stuck between Edinburgh and UCL right now, so this might help sway the balance.
That's not really a 'double degree', that's just another joint honours.

It's all about weighting - with that, your degree will be 50% of each subject.
nearlyheadlessian
They want copies of your IELTS and HAVO certificates. They know your VWO grades are predicted - but any qualification you have declared you already have has to be proven :smile:

Oké, thanks! I was confused because they also said: 'It is only when we have checked these earlier qualifications, you have met the conditions of your offer and any outstanding clearance checks, and the status of your application becomes ‘Unconditional Firm’, that we can give you access to vital joining information.'

And with my HAVO they can't make my conditional offer unconditional, because they ask for something else. But I will send them!
Emmeline05
Oké, thanks! I was confused because they also said: 'It is only when we have checked these earlier qualifications, you have met the conditions of your offer and any outstanding clearance checks, and the status of your application becomes ‘Unconditional Firm’, that we can give you access to vital joining information.'

And with my HAVO they can't make my conditional offer unconditional, because they ask for something else. But I will send them!

Yeah, until you receive your exam results your offer won't be unconditional. All they mean is that they won't send you details of how to matriculate etc, until you've met all the conditions.
mishintio
Hi all!
I've been accepted into Edinburgh to do a MA joint honours in Sociology and Politics (woop woop!). But i was wondering if it would be possible for me to switch to a double degree in Politics AND Sociology....just wondering if anyone had any experience, advice or furious head-shaking to give me. :o: I'm stuck between Edinburgh and UCL right now, so this might help sway the balance.

There's no difference between the two things you've just mentioned. The degree is only available with the title 'Sociology and Politics'. If you look here, you can see the break down of the degree.
i'm over the moon XD
nearlyheadlessian
There's no difference between the two things you've just mentioned. The degree is only available with the title 'Sociology and Politics'. If you look here, you can see the break down of the degree.

Ahhhhh clouds of confusion are cleared. Thanks a lot. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending