Economics personal statement examples

economics student

On this page is a collection of economics personal statements, all written by real students. Among them are some that have helped students make successful applications to universities such as Cambridge, LSE and Manchester.

Some also feature review comments from The Student Room personal statement review team.

By reading through a few of these samples, you can gain inspiration for your own economics personal statement. 

Economics personal statement examples - top rated by students

We have lots of economics personal statement examples that you can read through. To help you find the best ones, we asked students to vote for which they found the most useful. 

The following personal statements are those that were the most highly rated.

Economics degree personal statement example (1c) LSE offer
Submitted by: Anonymous
"For me, the uniqueness of economics lies in its ability to combine both Arts and Science disciplines. Such a synergy creates a diverse subject which..."

Economics degree personal statement example (2h) Cambridge offer
Submitted by: Anonymous
"
Observing the world around me, it is clear Economics can clarify so much. Take the stock market: an intricate web of transactions, demand and..."

Economics and finance degree personal statement example (1g) with review
Submitted by: Anonymous
"
In today's world, economics associated disciplines are of fundamental significance..."

Economics and management personal statement example (1c) Oxford offer
Submitted by: Anonymous
"
Economics in the current climate is inescapable; it dominates the media and is at the forefront of..."

Economics degree personal statement example (1h)
Submitted by: Anonymous
"
Logic, fresh ideas, and a strong applicability to real life: the fundamentals of economics are based on..."

Economics degree personal statement example (1q) Cambridge offer
Submitted by: Anonymous
"
Everyday, we are faced with choices. Whatever their magnitude, economics encourages a logical approach to..."

Business and economics personal statement example (1a)
Submitted by: Anonymous
"Economics was the first subject which caught my attention, and got me thinking about its relevance outside..."

Economics degree personal statement example (1s) Cambridge offer
Submitted by: Anonymous
"
Ever since my Year 9 history teacher told me of the "circle of prosperity", a phenomenon we now know better as..."

Economics degree personal statement example (1e) UCL offer
Submitted by: Anonymous
"Travelling around the world, and having visited places including America and Iran, has allowed me to personally witness..."

Economics degree personal statement example (2d) with review
Submitted by: Anonymous
"
I am applying to study a degree in economics principally because of the diversity of both the subject and..."

Full list of economics personal statement examples

A
B
C
D
F
G
H
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
E

Studying economics at university

Study for an economics degree and you will be exploring how people, businesses and governments produce and allocate resources.

Economics degrees cover a wide range of topics, including microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, international economics and business economics.

Economics degrees can also be combined with other subjects, such as history, politics, or philosophy. Economics graduates might go into careers in various sectors; such as banking, consulting, education, or public policy.

Explore economics degrees at UK universities on The Uni Guide.

Advice on writing your economics personal statement

On The Uni Guide, we've got advice from universities on what they want to see in an economics personal statement

Among the tips shared by these admissions experts:

• Show that you've read around the subject
  • Find ways to demonstrate your passion for economics
  • Do your research into the course and show that you understand what to expect from it
  • Write about more than just an interest in finance

More help with your personal statement

Personal statement examples

You can find personal statement examples for other courses by using this subject list, or by returning to our personal statements by subject page.

Other useful links