Latest features

What to do if you're being bullied

Students and experts share their advice on how to cope when you're affected by experiences of bullying

Sex and relationships

Friends and family

Being anonymous on The Student Room

Did you know? You can talk about personal issues on The Student Room without people finding out who you are. 

On our forums you can chat about anything to do with health and relationships with complete privacy by making your post anonymous. Just tick the anonymous box as you make your post.

Remember, for issues that are affecting your physical or mental health, we always recommend you seek appropriate professional advice.

But, if you want to chat to other students who understand what you are going through, The Student Room can be a good place to start.


Useful contacts

If you're experiencing issues with your mental or physical health, such as depression, self harming, drug abuse or eating disorders, the best thing you can do is to seek professional help.

Here are some useful contact numbers. You can find more on our student welfare contact numbers page.

NHS Direct - 111
Samaritans - 116 123
FRANK drug information line - 0300 1236600
PAPYRUS UK suicide prevention charity - 0800 068 4141