The Student Room Group

AQA VS EDEXCEL -History:

Hi...
Looking at sixth forms, one of offering History at A Level with AQA and a few others Edexcel.
Just wondering if somebody can clarify any differences between the two. Currently sitting 9-1 Edexcel History so I’m used to Edexcel.
Many thanks,
K
Original post by ExamJon54
Hi...
Looking at sixth forms, one of offering History at A Level with AQA and a few others Edexcel.
Just wondering if somebody can clarify any differences between the two. Currently sitting 9-1 Edexcel History so I’m used to Edexcel.
Many thanks,
K

Go to the website for each and download the specifications then compare.

You need to compare formats.

You then need to find out what each school will be covering as in periods

i.e one could be doing crusades and British empire, but the other could be doing USA cold war and WW1.

Go for the one you like.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Go to the website for each and download the specifications then compare.

You need to compare formats.

You then need to find out what each school will be covering as in periods

i.e one could be doing crusades and British empire, but the other could be doing USA cold war and WW1.

Go for the one you like.

Thank you very much, shall do some reading in my spare time.
Do you think doing A Level Government and Politics would benefit me in doing A Level History- I know the contents not similar however they’re both AQA at said Sixth Form and both are essay based subjects.
Thank you very much, shall do some reading in my spare time.
Do you think doing A Level Government and Politics would benefit me in doing A Level History- I know the contents not similar however they’re both AQA at said Sixth Form and both are essay based subjects.

Depends what your aim is. I answered a question on these two earlier.

id say History is harder and more volume, but depends if you like it or not.

People tend to take G&P because they have a politics bent.

You wont lose anything by dropping G&P, but unlikely to suffer if you take both.

You need to look at entrance requirements for your chosen course.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Depends what your aim is. I answered a question on these two earlier.

id say History is harder and more volume, but depends if you like it or not.

People tend to take G&P because they have a politics bent.

You wont lose anything by dropping G&P, but unlikely to suffer if you take both.

You need to look at entrance requirements for your chosen course.

Thank you again, I’ve only just seen the G&P subject and it’s immediately caught my eye- I do not do GCSE Politics, and it’s not required so I think it’s ok.
Also the entry requirements for A Level G&P are quite low and I can achieve them at ease so I’m hopeful.
It would be my 4th A Level therefore if I do significantly suffer in one compared to another subject, then I could drop it.

K
Thank you again, I’ve only just seen the G&P subject and it’s immediately caught my eye- I do not do GCSE Politics, and it’s not required so I think it’s ok.
Also the entry requirements for A Level G&P are quite low and I can achieve them at ease so I’m hopeful.
It would be my 4th A Level therefore if I do significantly suffer in one compared to another subject, then I could drop it.

K

I meant for the uni course you intend to apply to.

Look at he spec for it and see if it interests you. Its a perfectly ok A level to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show