The Student Room Group

Vet Student Blogs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I'm back to my traumatised view of you.
Reply 161
yeah make sure you go out after your exams!!!
I had a brilliant night the night of our last exam (well the prt i remember at least), shame we still had a dissection the next day. Apparantly i still couldnt string a sentence together by lunchtime ooops.
I have been out thursaday, friday and now saturday night, going out again on monday and then we'll see. Written part of anatomy on thursday so might have to stay in on tuesday night.
oi! why tramistiesed view again!? i said i was gong out after exams lol. to the raz on thursday, leahurst burns night party on friday and then a houseparty on sat! that in no way implies im tramistised.
Reply 163
Er... um.. er.. because it was so bad you need to go out to get over it? What's the raz? Oh, and what does AVS actually stand for?
Dissey
Er... um.. er.. because it was so bad you need to go out to get over it? What's the raz? Oh, and what does AVS actually stand for?

association of veterianry students
Reply 165
Annaconda
association of veterianry students

Lolix! I thought it was annual vet social or something.
o avs sports weekend and avs congress there the 2 big vet socials of all the vet schools. avs sports being bigger. and of course im going out after exams its like almost complusory.
112 today. systems physiology. Was alriteee. Part from 2 questions. 1 on the struture of proteoglycans and their importance in cartilage where i couldnt remember that much. defo not 10 marks worth anyway. And couldnt realy do the question on 3 drugs that i cant remmeber how to spell or anything so wrote about 2 lines for 10 marks...oops. the rest was alright. Could of been worse.
Reply 168
spent the morning revising for hindlimb anatomy exam on thursday afternoon, then went to the vet school for a practicle class on horse handling and aging by dentition, for me was like a revsion session having done most of the things in the past, but not for ages, ended up teaching a couple of my mates who have zilch horsey experience things like, how to put on a head collar, bridle, twitch, tail+leg bandages, how to lift feet, and how to open their mouths to look at thier teeth so you can age them.
then got back after visiting a well known supermarket chain, had tea, was phoned back by my lambing placement, 800ewes indoors, two students at a time, and only three miles from my home, wahoo!!! then worked on my tutorial question for tomorrow on metabolism (blurgh) watched some doctor who, and here I am writing this.
Wow I thought everyone had to have some horse experience before uni. Like my first application, liverpool in particular told me we don't want you cos you haven't got any equine. So I crammed in as much equine as I could. I'm still useless though, mostly cos I'm male, and the first time I even touched a horse was only just last year :p:
lots of very un horsey people here. equaly lots of very horsey pepole.

Exams = finished = archers + raz = party time

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
woooooooooooooooooooooo no more exams till may time........love to you all. note to self dont leave comp running on exiting room, bad times, good times. o **** it im wasted. need sleep. might sleep for 24 hours if it wsnt 4 burns night tomorrow. aha.goof times. **** it. night night.
Reply 172
welcome to the world of vet students, I would also be thus if I didn't have tonsalitis or something similar, thats making me feel like death, only in slightly more pain :frown:
Reply 173
awww, you feeling any better yet?

lets see, anatomy exam yesterday afternoon - fairly traumatising 2 hours so when we got out of the exam headed straight to the beer bar for a couple of pints :rolleyes:
had some food and spent far too much time debating where to go, checked bank balance :eek: and decided to save money by not going out. Also thought it would be good to be feeling slightly ok for brain dissection.
Ended up round at friends just drinking muchos fun, laughed at friend for drinking whole bottle of whiskey, definitely not one of his smarter moves *laughs out loud*

Today dragged self out of bed for a day of neuroanatomy, first lecture was a real drag, what happened to not getting too drunk? Hmm need to work on that one. Brain dissection was actually really interesting and not squishy and icky so that was all good after a while. I ended up just randomly hacking into sheep brain because we couldnt identify the structures. Then pne of the demonstrators came round and said ours was the neatest he'd seen so far:biggrin:
You should be proud of me bex, i managed most of it without your amazingness to help us.
(have taken extra copies of worksheet thing with stations from the afternoon session, so will get them to you at some point)

Thinking out tonight and saturday night and then we'll see. Still not sure where as long as drink is involved
Reply 174
Jenny how mahoosive was your hangover ? :p:
Reply 175
thanx flo, gutten that I missed brains, and I'm glad you're taking up my mantle! feeling **** still, although better than yesterday, how I managed to get thru that exam I do not know! lots of painkillers for me today
Reply 176
x_Bex_x
thanx flo, gutten that I missed brains, and I'm glad you're taking up my mantle! feeling **** still, although better than yesterday, how I managed to get thru that exam I do not know! lots of painkillers for me today

Poor Schnickelfritz :frown: Lots of fluids and lots of pills? :hugs:
Dissey
Jenny how mahoosive was your hangover ? :p:

didnt have one after thursday and dont have one today either. HAHA!!!:biggrin:
Reply 178
right have been ill with tonsilitis and sinusitis and conjunctivitis for the last week, as havnt been in to lectures much. and have nothing to report really, had a really intersting lecture on behaviour today, also trying to make sure this doesnt drop off the bottom. Is this helpful for you guys or are you not really that intersted?
I think its really intereseting. I like seeing the lecture topics etc. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending