The Student Room Group

Is it possible to bring a AS C up to a A A2?

Okay, I've found myself in a bit of a pickle. Last week I checked out my predicted grades for my AS levels and found that they would all be CCC. This disappointed me extremely because the course at University I want to do requires ABB. I went to go see my careers counselor just after finding out and asked her If there was a chance I could bring them up to ABB and she said It wasn't likely. I'm feeling extremely demotivated right now to even bother with college work.
So I was wondering If I absolutely worked my ass off and sweated blood do you think I'd be able to bring my grades up? Has anyone else had this problem and picked them up?
Reply 1
I had a similar problem and I couldn't get the grades up via resits unfortunately, however that was my own inability to focus, can I ask what subjects you're doing?

EDIT: If you wanna PM I'll give you some proper indepth advice?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
My GCSEs weren't too good but I am now on track for 5As at AS Level. If its not working now, something is wrong with the way you are studying. You need to find out what it is and change it. You can do it.
Reply 3
Firstly they're predicted grades! They're never accurate! I was predicted DDDE and for AS I got BBCC missed out on ABCC by one mark. I'm now aiming for AAB and this is what I'm predicted and tbh im pretty confident I'm going to get this. Your still in As and can easily with Jan resits get AAA. You still have a lot of time so chin up :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
You know that, theoretically speaking, it is possible. You would need a middle-A* in A2 to make up for a middle-C at AS.

statistically speaking? no, not really. I'm not saying you can't do it.
They're predicted grades, not real grades. Only something like 5-10% of predicted grades are actually correct, so there's nothing stopping you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by HiccupingDuck
Okay, I've found myself in a bit of a pickle. Last week I checked out my predicted grades for my AS levels and found that they would all be CCC. This disappointed me extremely because the course at University I want to do requires ABB. I went to go see my careers counselor just after finding out and asked her If there was a chance I could bring them up to ABB and she said It wasn't likely. I'm feeling extremely demotivated right now to even bother with college work.
So I was wondering If I absolutely worked my ass off and sweated blood do you think I'd be able to bring my grades up? Has anyone else had this problem and picked them up?

It is possible to get A*A*A* from CCC at AS.

Although unlikely, say you get 69 UMS average for all your subjects, which are very high Cs, you need an average of 80 UMS across all AS/A2 modules, plus 90% average at A2. Theoretically, you need a minimum of 91 UMS average across all your modules. Or, if you're at 60UMS, then you need 100UMS average. Hopefully I've been some help! :smile:
Reply 7
Do you get told what you're predicted grades are? :O My school refuse to tell us.
Original post by Louise1994
Do you get told what you're predicted grades are? :O My school refuse to tell us.

Yes we do, we got our own tracker on the internet to tell us what we're getting each month and our overall predicted grade at the end of the year. Have you asked them? :smile:
Yeah, I get what your all saying.. they are only predicted grades, and I can try and resit even if I don't get the grades I want. Sigggggh, so stressful..
Reply 10
January results will be coming out in just over a week, so I suggest you try to stop worrying about it for now as you can't do anything to change your January results. You may have been underpredicted by your teachers and if you have then your results will show this and you'll know you're on track for the grades you need, and everything will be fine. Otherwise, request your exam papers back and ask your teachers to look over what you're doing wrong, then work out what you did badly on and how you can improve on this, and apply this to your second units too. Then in June you can do resits + June exams and hopefully come out with better grades, and if not you may need to consider applying to some unis with lower grade requirements as back-ups or maybe having a 3rd year at college to resit exams.
Reply 11
I got a C at AS in one of my A levels, B in one paper, C in the other. I then got As in both papers at A2 and was 2 marks off an A overall, so its possible :smile:
Reply 12
if you dont resit any exams/courseworks then no, a C at AS can only become an A* at A2 or a B, never an A. Very interesting that.

Quick Reply

Latest