The Student Room Group

A levels/IB schools help?

I'm going to be starting Year 12 next September, and I'm starting to look at some schools. I'd love opinions on good schools/colleges, though I'm not really sure about whether to take A levels or the IB. Is Cheltenham Ladies' really that hard to get into? From what I see on the website, it looks really nice (and posh hehe).
Reply 1
It's a bit hard to recommend places when I have no idea whereabouts you live and where you can travel too! I regret taking the IB... It's a lot more work and unis expect more of you, quite often a level offers and ib offers are quite unfair... My school (dartford grammar) is pretty good for the ib though... And they've been doing it since 1994 so they've got lots of experience and you get a wide range of subjects to choose from
Original post by XxelliexX
It's a bit hard to recommend places when I have no idea whereabouts you live and where you can travel too! I regret taking the IB... It's a lot more work and unis expect more of you, quite often a level offers and ib offers are quite unfair... My school (dartford grammar) is pretty good for the ib though... And they've been doing it since 1994 so they've got lots of experience and you get a wide range of subjects to choose from

I live outside the UK so location isn't really an issue. Yeah, I guess doing the IB requires you to do more subjects. Thanks.
Cheltenham Ladies isn't hard to get into at all really! Trust me we have some seriously stupid people here, I don't know how they got here:L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending