The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP. I have enrolled for mental health nursing course, can I change to child?

Hi,

I will begin a mental health nursing degree at Salford university in Sept 2012, could I change tothe child's nursing degree instead, before the course starts?
Reply 1
Original post by flutterby23
Hi,

I will begin a mental health nursing degree at Salford university in Sept 2012, could I change tothe child's nursing degree instead, before the course starts?

Contact the department, it's the only way to find out.
Contact the uni and ask. If they say no you might be able to transfer at the end of the first year as its a common foundation year. Depends on that unis policy .

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Hi,

As Happy_Holidays said - you may be able to transfer at the end of the first year.

The first year of all nursing branches is a common foundation year. All branches are taught together and so, it wouldnt really matter which branch you were with.

When i studied at Southampton, i had a friend that wanted to transfer branches. she was told that she would have to speak to the award leader about her reasons for wanting to change branch and then they would review her case and either allow it or not. As it happens, she was lucky and granted permission to change branches.

I would contact the Uni and see what their policy is, but you should be able to as long as there are spaces on the course and your reasons are valid :smile:

Em xx
Reply 4
Hi,

As Happy_Holidays said - you may be able to transfer at the end of the first year.

The first year of all nursing branches is a common foundation year. All branches are taught together and so, it wouldnt really matter which branch you were with.

When i studied at Southampton, i had a friend that wanted to transfer branches. she was told that she would have to speak to the award leader about her reasons for wanting to change branch and then they would review her case and either allow it or not. As it happens, she was lucky and granted permission to change branches.

I would contact the Uni and see what their policy is, but you should be able to as long as there are spaces on the course and your reasons are valid :smile:

Em xx

Quick Reply