The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hormones? Emotional/psychological mood?
Reply 2
not enough, why exactly that is there is a hormone called chocolate hormone?? or taste hormone or whatever
Reply 3
Sometimes when you crave things its because you need whatever they're made of. Like you might crave cheese if you haven't had enough protein.
Reply 4
Juno
Sometimes when you crave things its because you need whatever they're made of. Like you might crave cheese if you haven't had enough protein.

weird, even if you don't know what is it made of you just creeve for the neutrients(sp?) in it :confused: :rolleyes: cool :biggrin:
Reply 5
habosh
weird, even if you don't know what is it made of you just creeve for the neutrients(sp?) in it :confused: :rolleyes: cool :biggrin:

Well, I suppose your body would know even if your head doesn't. Or maybe it craves more complex things (like sandwiches) to make up for it if it isn't sure.
Reply 6
Juno
Well, I suppose your body would know even if your head doesn't. Or maybe it craves more complex things (like sandwiches) to make up for it if it isn't sure.

hehe power of the mind:p: thanx:wink:
like I'm ALWAYS (normally night/eveing time) wanting keebaba's (sp) it's so strange, it happnes to me with no other food/snack/drink only ever those. and I don't even like them much....I am really odd :rolleyes:
Juno

thats what i think as well. You're body knows when its lacking in whatever nutrients and whatever; its like you might crave steak or something if you're lacking in iron, or mile if you need calcium as well...
some scientists think that because primative humans starved in cold conditions, the survivors had a taste for a fat; hence we take after our forefathers and yum up chips and chocolate. Quite frankly, what a dam good excuse!

Um I crave a highlights 80 cal chocolate bar right now
Reply 10
eating chocolate releases dopamine, the feel good chemical, so after a while without your body fancies a bit of that, also, if you're cutting out certain foods or dieting your blood sugar levels will dictate what foods you crave, for example if you're not eating enough carbs your body will crave sugary high carb foods.
Reply 11
i crave peanut butter
:frown:
I crave pie...cherry pie
We crave fat and sugar because they are high calorie food stuffs and back in the day when we were roaming around africa being hungry it would be advantageous to want to eat fat rather than i don't know.....leaves! Because fat has more calories then that individual who eats more fat has a better chance of surving as they have more energy- and so pass on their genes which mean that their offspring do the same. Evolution in practise!!
yo-less
i crave peanut butter
:frown:

me tooooooo.....must be crunchy peanut butter.....