The Student Room Group

Computing : F452

Hello!

does anyone have the cheif examiner's notes for f452? please help :frown:
Reply 1
Hello, you don't see which year or sessions you are looking for, so here are all of them.

Jan '09
June '09

Jan '10
June '10

Jan '11
June '11

Inside the PDF, just do a search for "F452" and you'll be able to find the section you are looking for. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ReeceL
Hello, you don't see which year or sessions you are looking for, so here are all of them.

Jan '09
June '09

Jan '10
June '10

Jan '11
June '11

Inside the PDF, just do a search for "F452" and you'll be able to find the section you are looking for. :smile:

Hi,

Apologies for what might seem a really dumb question - I'm learning the AS with a friend as our sixth form doesn't offer Computing.

What does it mean when a subroutine is *called* or when a recursion "calls" itself?

Cheers
Reply 4
Original post by john.harvey93
Hi,

Apologies for what might seem a really dumb question - I'm learning the AS with a friend as our sixth form doesn't offer Computing.

What does it mean when a subroutine is *called* or when a recursion "calls" itself?

Cheers

basically it means when there is a main set of instructions and when the subroutine is called it jumps to the subroutine set of instructions, executes them, then jumps back to the main set of instructions
Reply 5
Original post by john.harvey93
Hi,

Cheers

Here, I'll show you with an example. I'll use Pascal as the language for it's fairly similar across most languages.

program example;

procedure example_procedure (arguments) //declaring the procedure
begin
<statements>
example_procedure(arguments) // calling the procedure from within itself is called recursion
end; //procedure is over

begin // main body of code
var example_integer : integer; //declaring a variable type integer

example_integer = example_procedure(example_integer) //calling the procedure with argument

end. //program is over

Hope this helped, I just got up and I'm writing this from an extremely laggy iPhone. If there are mistakes, someone please correct them.

-Ino
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending