The Student Room Group

Accommodation during summer

Hello people.
Is there anyone who is not going to use his/her room during this summer?
I am having an internship in Cambridge in summer so I though it would be great opportunity to save money both for you and me.
Original post by SharkyLV
Hello people.
Is there anyone who is not going to use his/her room during this summer?
I am having an internship in Cambridge in summer so I though it would be great opportunity to save money both for you and me.

Most Cambridge accommodation is either 30 or 38 weeks - in either case, not including the summer. I think it's mostly postgrads who have year round contracts, and they tend to stay over the summer. I'm afraid you might have difficulty finding someone who you could sublet from!

You could always contact colleges directly; I don't know how expensive it would be for someone who's not a student there, but most offer accommodation for over the summer for their own students.
Definitely try contacting colleges, loads of them do a 'bed and breakfast' scheme which would most likely be cheaper than living in a hotel or whatever.
Reply 3
How about the people who rent from private sector? Are they given such a short (30-38w) period contract as well?
Undergrads don't, because colleges provide accom for everyone (I think? Never heard of anyone not) and postgrads stay all year, like Topaz_eyes says.
Original post by milienhaus
Undergrads don't, because colleges provide accom for everyone (I think? Never heard of anyone not) and postgrads stay all year, like Topaz_eyes says.

4th years from some colleges have to get private accommodation but there aren't a lot of them about so the OP would be lucky to find one who wasn't using their room.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending