The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Cardwell. He's the chief examiner. Check out Mitten's thread from about 2weeks ago-asking for advice on AS books.The books are quite consistent in quality from AS to A2...apart from Eysenck-that's not so good at A2, and it wasn't particularly brilliant at AS.
Reply 2
I had Eynsenck at AS - how can it not be brilliant. I only revised from that and got 100% on module 2, 95% on module 3. I revised from notes for module 1 - got 58%. That says something, at least.

I've got the Cardwell for A2, but you are right that the A2 Eynsenck is pretty rubbish. Just sounds like he gets bored and misses key evaluatory studies.
Reply 3
I used Cardwell for all my A2 modules - 88%, 100%, 96%... you won't need anything else, I didn't.
Reply 4
miam
what's the best psychology book for a2 to get.... Cardwell, gross or eysenck???? i'm not sure which one to get..... any ideas????

Check out the new book called complete Psychology for A2 by Cardwell
I have both cardwell and Eysenck and prefer Eysenck. You could go to the website and ask the teachers at the website alevelpsychologysolutions.com. They are very helpful and answer any psychology related question for free!
Hope this helps
Reply 5
James_W
I used Cardwell for all my A2 modules - 88%, 100%, 96%... you won't need anything else, I didn't.

Is that the one with the Dog?
Reply 6
yes that's the one. I think it is easy and simple to use.
The Eynseck book is vast, boring, and unnecessarily complicated; Cardwell's is condensed, straightforward and most importantly informative; now I don’t know about you but I’d certainly stick with latter (I had both, I should know).

Latest

Trending

Trending