The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i'm on marvelon. i don't think i am but i was just wondering anyways what would happen?
Reply 3861
La Trampa
i'm on marvelon. i don't think i am but i was just wondering anyways what would happen?

Im on mercillon which is quite similar. In the leaflet it doesnt go into much detail on what would happen if pregancy occured. It just advises to stop taking as soon as you suspect you could be pregant. The only other information it gives is that the hormones in this pill can prevent normal breast milk production. However i think that is more relevant to those wanting to go on the pill after birth.
actually nevermind i just did a search and if you miss 2 pills you're still ok on marvelon, it's once you miss 3 pills that you should be worried. if you missed a pill in the fist week of the packet you need to use extra protection and if it's in the last week you don't take a break. and other standard pill rules apply.

Marvelon guide
Reply 3863
I stopped taking my pill on the Saturday instead of the Friday (so 6 days early) after having run 2 packs together (I forgot to take it for a few days because I was out of routine so figured I might aswell have my break). I took it again on the Friday (after a 6 day break) to keep routine, but I forgot all about messing it up and had unprotected sex on the Monday. Have I made it not-work by doing that or should I be ok?
Reply 3864
Hey, just wondering if anyone whose on the Pill can answer my question. I'll be starting the Pill for the first time when my next period comes and i was just wondering if anyone already taking it has experienced a decrease in PMS? I am generally an emotional wreck for about 3 days before my period and i would really like this to stop! I'm starting on Microgynon 30 btw. Thanks!
Reply 3865
I've observed a decrease in PMS duration in others when going on the OCP - still there, but for one day rather than three or four. So there's definitely a chance it'll help with that :smile:.
Rosie18
Hey, just wondering if anyone whose on the Pill can answer my question. I'll be starting the Pill for the first time when my next period comes and i was just wondering if anyone already taking it has experienced a decrease in PMS? I am generally an emotional wreck for about 3 days before my period and i would really like this to stop! I'm starting on Microgynon 30 btw. Thanks!

when i was on microgynon, pms was reduced but then after about 1.5/2 of being on it, it was constant mood swings and pms so i changed. obviously everyone's different so this might not be the case for you. but generally the pill reduces pms for people
Reply 3867
Thanks for the quick replies. I really hope it reduces it for me. My boyfriend said he loved me today and i burst into tears for about 10 minutes! Being a girl is funny sometimes!
awww bless. i would tear but not burst into tears but aww :hugs:
Reply 3869
Hehe! :redface: luckily he thought it was adorable!
Reply 3870
heey there,

I'm taking the cilest pill...I was supposed to start my new packet last night, but I thought it was tonight I was supposed to start, so I did...I read the instructions on what to do about missed pills etc, but am slightly confused as to what to do if it's the start of the packet...guidance please?
thanks
bjk
Reply 3871
Click on this link and skim down to the guidelines about missed pills - in short, one day late is okay, anything more than that and you'd need to use alternative contraception :smile:.
Reply 3872
thank you :smile: im not worried about the contraceptive side of it, just whether after I've taken the next 19 pills, I should leave and have the 7 day break? or carry on with the next packet straight away? and I should throw away the pill i missed? or have that pill at the end of packet?
thanks
Reply 3873
Have the pill you've missed at the end of the packet, so you still will have taken 21 pills, then have the 7-day break as usual :smile:.
Well I had sex with my bf but the condon split before he realised, so i took the morning after pill on the same day. Now my period is about 10 days later:s-smilie:
I know that taking the morning after pill can affect you periods, and also after taking it I did bleed a little (would that be uterus lining shedding?) so do I actually need to worry about anything?

Reply 3875
Anonymous
Well I had sex with my bf but the condon split before he realised, so i took the morning after pill on the same day. Now my period is about 10 days later:s-smilie:
I know that taking the morning after pill can affect you periods, and also after taking it I did bleed a little (would that be uterus lining shedding?) so do I actually need to worry about anything?

The MAP can mess up your periods, but nobody can say for sure if that's why you're late. If you're worried, take a test. You did all the right things though, so it's fairly unlikely you are pregnant.
If the pill seems to be causing mood swings (microgynon 30) what type is best to ask to move onto?
And I feel like it would be pathetic to say I think its this making me emotional to a doctor..
ohyeahoh
And I feel like it would be pathetic to say I think its this making me emotional to a doctor..

I used to be like that when I was on this horrendous pill which made me SO overemotional to the point of nearly ruining my relationship.. You really do just have to come out with it, doctors see it a lot and they do understand. And changing pills makes SUCH a difference, so you're doing the right thing.
I was overemotional on microgyn too and my doctor was very sympathetic!! Have been moved onto Ovysmen- which I love!! The only downside is that my pre-pill VERY heavy periods were practically painless on micro, but have become a little more painful again on ovysmen- but I have decided to live with that, as have no other bad affects at all!!! (unless someone can steer me in the direction of a totally periodpain free pill that isnt micro, that is......!)
I've found cerazette relatively painless, and my periods have near enough stopped - I get occasional spotting but thats it. But there again it is a mini pill. Mefenamic Acid may help with ht eperiod pains - it helped me =)

Latest