The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ma3eeni
Hey ... Im not a Zionist.

You will be soon... and you'll come back under a different alias. :colone:
I doubt many picked up on this story either:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=105384977

The moderates make an offer to the extremists: whowoulddathunkit?

I really like Bibi, but why only 300? Also Balgan- Hebrew for mess correct?
Reply 64
Original post by SummerRain92

I cant stand Bibi but I like that he is making a bit of an effort :P

and yeah its hebrew for mess, cant remember for the life of me why I chose that as a username haha
Original post by Balagan
I cant stand Bibi but I like that he is making a bit of an effort :P

and yeah its hebrew for mess, cant remember for the life of me why I chose that as a username haha

haha probably because everything is a balagan.
Reply 66
Original post by leeber
Do you honestly think that a nuclear war is the correct way to go? For Iran to nuke Israel? yes they might be able to take Israel out, being that it is a small country, but it the retaliation would spell the end of Iran(with a population of 75million) and possibly much of the Arab world. Not only would you have to worry about the direct nuclear fallout but evenmoreson the radioactive clouds that would haunt the middle east(including Israel Gaza and the West Bank) for hundreds of years. It would almost certainly bring about ww3 and considering the land will be unihabitable as well as the deaths of hundreds of millions of people it seems pretty stupid from a strategic point of view. It ACHIEVES NOTHING, apart from bloodshed.

You are obviously clinically insane if you think this is the solution, yes Israel is doing wrong in Gaza and the West Bank, but to propose this as a solution makes me hope someone like you never has their finger on the button, or any form of responsibility. To put it simply, you are bonkers.

well yes it is, usa didn't think twice about the people of hiroshima AND NAGASAKI( bombing just one wasn't enough,oh no america 'had' to claim further lives, but hey america are beyond all laws like israel, so im not even going down that route) so why should iran give a toss about israels people when israel doesn't give two ****s about the people fo gaza, yes iran may well bhe eradicated but if that means an end to isarel and its illegal antcis then its a price iran is willign to pay. it ACHIEVES EVERYTHING, IT ACHIEVES THE FACT THAT ISRAEL WON'T EXIST SO IT WON'T BE ABLE TO ACT AGAINST INTERNATIONAL LAWS LIKE IT CURRENTLY IS.

and don't bother even coming out with the sort of crap, such as 'two wrongs don't make a right, because mathematiclaly speaking two negatives certainly make a positive, and anyways israels wrong and irans right would not make a right either, so iran may aswell do wrong and give israel a lethal overdose of its own medicine. and thats not anti semetic its anti israel
Reply 67
Original post by SummerRain92

the west bank is palestinian land so they should not need jewish approval to allow anyone in or out, so he isn't doing anyone any favours, infact he is still building illegal settlements in the west bank including east jerusalem, so effort my backside
Reply 68
Original post by zohaib93
the west bank is palestinian land so they should not need jewish approval to allow anyone in or out, so he isn't doing anyone any favours, infact he is still building illegal settlements in the west bank including east jerusalem, so effort my backside

Yeah, I agree, it's idiocy to suggest that they're doing Palestinians a favour by letting them go back to what little of their own land they still have.

The Palestinians are not asking to return to Israeli land, they're asking to return to Palestine.

The first sentence pretty much summed up how ridiculous the situation and Israel are. "Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday that Israel will allow 300 Palestinians in Libya to enter the Palestinian territories in the coming days."

Palestinians back to Palestinian territories. Thankyou very much O great reasonable Israel. Netanyahu is clearly pulling out all the stops and really doing Palestinians a massive massive favour with this one.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by zohaib93
well yes it is, usa didn't think twice about the people of hiroshima AND NAGASAKI( bombing just one wasn't enough,oh no america 'had' to claim further lives, but hey america are beyond all laws like israel, so im not even going down that route) so why should iran give a toss about israels people when israel doesn't give two ****s about the people fo gaza, yes iran may well bhe eradicated but if that means an end to isarel and its illegal antcis then its a price iran is willign to pay. it ACHIEVES EVERYTHING, IT ACHIEVES THE FACT THAT ISRAEL WON'T EXIST SO IT WON'T BE ABLE TO ACT AGAINST INTERNATIONAL LAWS LIKE IT CURRENTLY IS.

and don't bother even coming out with the sort of crap, such as 'two wrongs don't make a right, because mathematiclaly speaking two negatives certainly make a positive, and anyways israels wrong and irans right would not make a right either, so iran may aswell do wrong and give israel a lethal overdose of its own medicine. and thats not anti semetic its anti israel

You don't get it do you. there won't be a Palestine, there won't be an Iran, well there probably won't even be a middle east anymore. The difference between your Japan analogy, is that Israel have nukes and I'm sure arn't afraid to use them. What is the point in fighting for something when you don't gain? By all means fight for Palestine, but if that involves destroying Palestine and probably a huge number of muslims/arabs, then what is the purpose?????????????/

From what you're saying, I can see you are more interested with ridding the world of Israel than actually resolving the confict or helping the Palestinians .. and it is that attitude why the middle east is still in a mess 60 years later.
Reply 70
I understand your weariness but spare a thought for someone like me. I’m not a jew or an Arab, I don’t really have a dog in this fight, and yet I just can’t stand by and let you jews/zionists/israeli/non zionist jews/non jew zionists dominate the thread. It is knackering.:yawn:
Have I just read yet more posts calling for Israel to be nuked? seriously? :angry:

I hope that those that think this understand that they'll be wiping out "Palestine" too :colondollar:
Reply 72
Original post by sherlllll
Yeah, I agree, it's idiocy to suggest that they're doing Palestinians a favour by letting them go back to what little of their own land they still have.

The Palestinians are not asking to return to Israeli land, they're asking to return to Palestine.

The first sentence pretty much summed up how ridiculous the situation and Israel are. "Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday that Israel will allow 300 Palestinians in Libya to enter the Palestinian territories in the coming days."

Palestinians back to Palestinian territories. Thankyou very much O great reasonable Israel. Netanyahu is clearly pulling out all the stops and really doing Palestinians a massive massive favour with this one.

As I said I am no fan of Mr. Netanyahu, but I guess you are right he should have just left them to die there instead - what a jackass! :rolleyes:
Reply 73
Original post by leeber
You don't get it do you. there won't be a Palestine, there won't be an Iran, well there probably won't even be a middle east anymore. The difference between your Japan analogy, is that Israel have nukes and I'm sure arn't afraid to use them. What is the point in fighting for something when you don't gain? By all means fight for Palestine, but if that involves destroying Palestine and probably a huge number of muslims/arabs, then what is the purpose?????????????/

From what you're saying, I can see you are more interested with ridding the world of Israel than actually resolving the confict or helping the Palestinians .. and it is that attitude why the middle east is still in a mess 60 years later.

what you say is correct, but palestinians haven't got their lands, israel has, and israel has been breaching international laws for a very long time and has to be punished, israel has to be nuclear bombed not to get palestine back off israel but to put an abrupt end to israel illegal antics, yes palestine won't exist, yes palestinains wil die yes iran might not exist, but atleast israels illegal antics will be over and israel will have been punished, israel will never give the west bank and east jerusalem to palestinans, nor will it ever lift the blockade on gaza becuase to do so the UNSC has to pass a binding resolution, and the usa will veto anything which amkes israel do any of them things, so that just leaves the option of military action, and the only country willing to do justice and punish israel is iran.

like they say ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS, so im sorry but peace processes will remain exactly that just mere processes and it will never be processed, action ie bombing israel is what will yield a result.

and the reason why the middle east is in a mess is because jews decided to punish palestinians for hitlers antics, they decided it was rational to use violence and terrorism against palestinians and steal land becuase of the holocaust, instead of punishing germany they punished palestine, the jews decided to terrorise the very palestine which let the jews seek refuge before during and after world war 2, thats why the middle east is in a mess. so give me one good reason why the same violence should now not be used against israel to bring it to its knees, and don't even bother with the two wrongs don't make a right clap trap, becuase israels wrong and irans right would not make a right either
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by Balagan
As I said I am no fan of Mr. Netanyahu, but I guess you are right he should have just left them to die there instead - what a jackass! :rolleyes:

no what is being said is that benjaminge isn't doing anyone a favour as they are returning to palestine, not israel, benjaminge is PM of israel not palestine
Reply 75
Original post by tehFrance
Have I just read yet more posts calling for Israel to be nuked? seriously? :angry:

I hope that those that think this understand that they'll be wiping out "Palestine" too :colondollar:

well if palestinians can't have their land back, then it doesn't really matter whether palestine is nuked or not, becuase being dead is better than living under israeli occupation and a blockade, think of the blockade like a gas chamber in nazi germany, where jews were locked in, only difference is that israel hasn't used the gas...yet, but by the way things are going i won't put it past them, after all they have first hand experience in how to manage such things efficiently so we won't get a whiff of it.
Reply 76
Original post by tehFrance

Might be symptomatic of the frustration people feel on here. In the case of Palestinians, the sense of utter despair they must experience everyday makes suicide bombing look like a positive outcome. Why else do you think they do it?
Reply 77
Original post by CODKING
Might be symptomatic of the frustration people feel on here. In the case of Palestinians, the sense of utter despair they must experience everyday makes suicide bombing look like a positive outcome. Why else do you think they do it?

are you seriously attempting to justify people calling for Israel to be nuked? seriously? Many people were frustrated when America invaded and occupied Iraq, but did anyone, even the most rabid anti-war pacifists (lol) call for America to be nuked? No. Many people are frustrated with China, which has been occupying Tibet for decades now - is anyone calling for China to be nuked? No. the Soviet Union has occupied and installed oppressive governments in eastern europe for most of the 20th century, but even then, did anyone apart from the most insane americans call for the soviert union to be nuked? NO!

seriously mate, your not doing yourself any favours here.

As for your second 'point', I can very much appreciate the suffering of the palestinian people, but it takes a certain type of crazy and brainwashing to blow yourself up amongst innocent civillians which often include children and pensioners. this supposed justification for it is utter nonsense and indicates a refusal to admit that suicide bombings are fuelled by a certain type of religious and fanatical hate - of which the occupation is only one part.
Reply 78
Original post by Balagan
are you seriously attempting to justify people calling for Israel to be nuked? seriously? Many people were frustrated when America invaded and occupied Iraq, but did anyone, even the most rabid anti-war pacifists (lol) call for America to be nuked? No. Many people are frustrated with China, which has been occupying Tibet for decades now - is anyone calling for China to be nuked? No. the Soviet Union has occupied and installed oppressive governments in eastern europe for most of the 20th century, but even then, did anyone apart from the most insane americans call for the soviert union to be nuked? NO!

seriously mate, your not doing yourself any favours here.

As for your second 'point', I can very much appreciate the suffering of the palestinian people, but it takes a certain type of crazy and brainwashing to blow yourself up amongst innocent civillians which often include children and pensioners. this supposed justification for it is utter nonsense and indicates a refusal to admit that suicide bombings are fuelled by a certain type of religious and fanatical hate - of which the occupation is only one part.

Not justifying anything old man. Please read my words again.

Not sure what you are on about here but answering a question I posed to a fellow jew exhibits an admirable sense of community I suppose. If you can't accept the fact that burning hatred in Palestinians is fuelled by israel, you are a million light years away from any sort of resolution.

Questions for you:

Why do you think Israel has nuclear weapons?

Why do any of us have the right to decide who else is allowed nuclear weapons?
Apparently TSR's Zionists are committing mass e-suicide tomorrow.

May I ask why? You realise that the point of TSR (and its debating forums) isn't to actively convert people to your point of view, and failing that to ban yourselves?

P.S: I feel I'm qualified to weigh in on this matter since I'm completely neutral. I don't care about the Israel-Palestine conflict really so I can't be accused of taking "sides".

Latest