The Student Room Group

Am i shallow?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't what the OP said EXACTLY the definition of a shallow person?

Yes, you are shallow. We all are to an extent, but then again we all have different ideas of whether people are good looking or not.
Just for what you described, of course not. That's absolutely normal. We're attracted by good looking people: that's a basic condition of the human species.
God... I just wanted to see a picture :s

Edit:
Of Her.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by idontthinkso
Just for what you described, of course not. That's absolutely normal. We're attracted by good looking people: that's a basic condition of the human species.

Ten days have passed since this embarassing yet hilarious piece of White Knightery was posted :lol: Has she slept with you yet?

OT: Good god, not only have you backed up the validity of the thread I posted earlier but you've proven yourself to be 100% vacuous. What you've described is exactly what shallow is :facepalm2:
Reply 84
Original post by anisaa93(:
i only tend to talk to fit lads or good looking ones. i usually avoid ugly people and stuff. a friend told me im extremely shallow for this. am i a shallow person? :confused: just wondering.

Judging by your profile pic, I imagine that a lot of people avoid talking to you.
Original post by Respect4Acting
not really, since you are aware of it

hey it's a free country, but 'ugly' soemtimes end up being bill gates, Sergey Brin or mark zuckerberg

They aren't exactly ugly, are they?
Reply 86
Starting to think this is one big troll.
Reply 87
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Ten days have passed since this embarassing yet hilarious piece of White Knightery was posted :lol: Has she slept with you yet?

OT: Good god, not only have you backed up the validity of the thread I posted earlier but you've proven yourself to be 100% vacuous. What you've described is exactly what shallow is :facepalm2:

She says she avoids ugly people. So what? Are you the Madre Theresa of ugly people? I bet that you're that guy that immediately approaches an ugly chick just because she is sad.

If someone ugly came up to you and you treated them badly because of their ugliness then you're shallow. Wanting to talk to good-looking people is just normal.

I'll be happy to discuss this with you however if you're nothing more than a little smartass you may **** off.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 90
I suppose in a way yes. But ultimately if you're going to end up in a relationship you have to be attracted to the other person, and if you don't find them attractive it's simply not going to work. Studies have shown that we are attracted to people who are similar to us. I've noticed a lot of people tend to go for people who are a similar point on the looks scale to them, average guy/average girl, fit guy/hot girl, ugly guy/ugly girl. I guess that must be related to what those studies showed. People have a sort of standard of looks, that are calculated based on how they themselves look, and if someone doesn't fall above that subconcious bottom line then they are not found to be physically attractive and tend to not be thought of as a possible romantic interest.
Its just a theory lol
Reply 91
Yes. Yes you do sound shallow. And immature. And probably ugly. :colonhash:
Original post by idontthinkso
She says she avoids ugly people. So what? Are you the Madre Theresa of ugly people? I bet that you're that guy that immediately approaches an ugly chick just because she is sad.

If someone ugly came up to you and you treated them badly because of their ugliness then you're shallow. Wanting to talk to good-looking people is just normal.

I'll be happy to discuss this with you however if you're nothing more than a little smartass you may **** off.

So you didn't bang her then. Ah well, at least you tried :yes:
Reply 93
Immature more than shallow. Grow up.
Reply 94
i only tend to talk to fit lads or good looking ones. i usually avoid ugly people and stuff. a friend told me im extremely shallow for this. am i a shallow person? :confused: just wondering.

Is your name hal??????? :ahee:

Yes that is quite shallow to be honest!
Reply 95
This is the *definition* of the word shallow. You should probably submit a picture of yourself to be added next to the word in the dictionary.
wanna bet son?

I don't know why you think you're so hot, its pretty pitiful. I saw you're photo on the other thread and you're average at best with a lot of makeup, does not make you attractive, honesty is your friend. Girls who put on a lot of makeup generally do so for a reason. There are a lot more girls who are more attractive than you and who have some modesty as well
Reply 97
well yes.
But then arent we all? Looks in general do tend to get you talking to a person, i know that i go to the 'better looking' folk before i talk to the others. Saying that though, the quiet 'ugly' ones in general are normally some pretty decent friends to have because they are loyal to you.

I wouldn't worry too much about it :smile:) <3
I know right.
Reply 99
Here's the OP if anyone's wondering, she made another thread :awesome:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7666941_n.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending