The Student Room Group

Quiet place to study in London

Hi all,

hope this forum is not wrong. I'm looking for a quiet place (maybe a library) in London where I can go to study with my notebook (WiFi is needed) between Friday and next Monday.

Is there any place? Any suggestion?

Thanks
Stefano

Scroll to see replies

Starbucks?
Reply 2
Original post by JollyGreenAtheist
Starbucks?

Nice place, but is it quiet? :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by JollyGreenAtheist
Starbucks?

You mean when it's not full of faggy indie kids and pretentious hippy people?
British library
Original post by Astonix
You mean when it's not full of faggy indie kids and pretentious hippy people?

Haha, and the coffee is disgusting.
British Library- Near Kings cross station
If it's good weather you could find a nice park. The fresh air is good for brain stimulation too.
Highgate Cemetery
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Paddington library.
Any uni library (some don't require you to show ID on entry, but you might have issues accessing the internet without a username).
Coffee shops and cafes; plenty have free wifi.
British Library, pretty intense. Free to get in as well...
I agree British library
Reply 12
To get into the British Library you need to prove that you're doing research that can only be done there (or supposedly so, depends on how strict the person processing your app is). It's not a resource to just chill around in with your uni friends and drink a coffee. So I wouldn't really advise that.
Reply 13
Original post by BlamelessJak

I'm looking at website. It's closed on sunday but this is no a particular problem.
Looking for registration...

Thanks
Ste
Reply 14
Be aware that you have to provide evidence of study/proposed research when you apply for access to the British Library.
Original post by Nightstar-27
British Library- Near Kings cross station

Original post by BlamelessJak

Original post by (",)
I agree British library

Original post by ajp100688
To get into the British Library you need to prove that you're doing research that can only be done there (or supposedly so, depends on how strict the person processing your app is). It's not a resource to just chill around in with your uni friends and drink a coffee. So I wouldn't really advise that.

Was about to say just this. The British Library isn't like a normal library where you can just sit down and get your laptop out - you usually have to book places after registering, and even then only if you need to access their sources.
Reply 16
oook...it's getting complicated!
Reply 17
Any random library
Reply 18
Original post by alexio91
Any random library

I understand but as I'm from London I'm looking for suggestion, names and addresses

Ste
Original post by hatemylife
Was about to say just this. The British Library isn't like a normal library where you can just sit down and get your laptop out - you usually have to book places after registering, and even then only if you need to access their sources.

You can just sit in there to do work but you need to register to use their books. You need a card to assess the areas with books but there are areas where everyone can go. So you can just sit in there and use your laptop. Its the London library that you can't enter without membership

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending