The Student Room Group

Computer Science at Loughborough?

Hey guys, I a lil curious, anyone hear anything about Loughborough for computer science?

Originally I applied for Product Design, but a couple of weeks ago I had a change of heart and emailed my unis to change course and now Ive ended up firming loughborough with brunel as insurance.

Ive visited loughborough, but i never saw the computer science department! So i have no idea what their like, ive googled about, searched for lost threads but havent found much info for Computer Science at Loughborough.

So has anyone heard anything about the course? Any friends that seem happy with the course, anybody visited the department or talked to any of the tutors, or better yet personal experience?

I'm a lil in the dark :smile:
Reply 1
Well as an update if anyone happened to stumble upon this, I did indeed change my course to computer science and receive an offer from Loughborough of ABB (with Brunel being my firm of BBC).

And now, 5 months later, I have received my results and attained a BBC!! in maths, physics and product design respectively. Luckily however, I was also studying a Cambridge Pre-U course 'Global Perspectives and Independent Research' which according to my tutor was forced on our students as it carries a lot of ucas points for not a huge amount of work and I got a D3 (126ucas points) which must have persuaded Loughborough to take me anyway :smile:

So I'm chuffed, and damn glad I changed course.
nice one mate, i'm gonna be doing computer science at lboro aswel!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending