The Student Room Group

PC Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by blueray
I guess i'm the only one then :frown:

Sorry, missed. the post. I've got DiRT 3, but I don't play it at the moment, with it being a lot of bandwidth to download. I'll probably try and pick it up again once I've been back to Uni to get it. :biggrin:

In the meantime, I've other things to play (goes beck to TrackMania United Forever).:biggrin:
I've got Arkham Asylum and GTA4, will I have any trouble running it on a laptop with a Core i5-520M, 4GB DDR3, ATI 5650M?
Reply 102
Original post by Hippysnake
I've got Arkham Asylum and GTA4, will I have any trouble running it on a laptop with a Core i5-520M, 4GB DDR3, ATI 5650M?

Try this: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
Reply 103

Use that website as a ROUGH guideline at best, it's pretty widely regarded to be inaccurate in a lot of cases.

Your laptop might struggle a bit with GTA4, being a poorly optimised console port.
But crank back some of the settings and you should get by. :smile:
Downloading Human Revolution now, ready for release :awesome:

Since I have a physical copy, I should be installing it from the disk, but as it turns out, my optical drive is ****ed.
Reply 105
Original post by Jace Falco
Downloading Human Revolution now, ready for release :awesome:

Since I have a physical copy, I should be installing it from the disk, but as it turns out, my optical drive is ****ed.

You can't install from disc until release anyway :biggrin:
Original post by Tathrim
You can't install from disc until release anyway :biggrin:

You sure? It's Steamworks; should be able to pre-load from the disc.
Reply 107
Original post by Jace Falco
You sure? It's Steamworks; should be able to pre-load from the disc.

Yup, positive, someone on another forum has tried to do just that.

EDIT: A US VPN would fix that issue of pre load. :biggrin:
Original post by Tathrim
Yup, positive, someone on another forum has tried to do just that.

EDIT: A US VPN would fix that issue of pre load. :biggrin:

Weird, Fallout: New Vegas pre-loaded just fine from the disc. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other, though. As I said, my optical drive is ****ed, so I'm downloading it anyway.
I have a problem!
My Steam doesnt load, says im not connected to the Internet...even though I am?
Can anyone help please?

Original post by LtCommanderData
x
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jakemittle
I have a problem!
Can anyone help please?

Right click, run as admin.

?
Reply 111

I have a problem!
Can anyone help please?
Since you're posting from uni, is this something that's just been happening since you got there? Might be that the IT guys have disabled the ports Steam needs https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711
Original post by Dalimyr
Since you're posting from uni, is this something that's just been happening since you got there? Might be that the IT guys have disabled the ports Steam needs https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711

na but then it doesnt work when im offline either?..
However I use it, with whatever connection, it doesnt work :s-smilie:

Original post by Hectorious
Right click, run as admin.

?

Edit: That worked :P..thanks!
na but then it doesnt work when im offline either?..
However I use it, with whatever connection, it doesnt work :s-smilie:

Edit: That worked :P..thanks!

WOOOO!
TF2 Worth downloading?
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
TF2 Worth downloading?

Yes.
Reply 116
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
TF2 Worth downloading?

You know.. i just can't get that in to it. I play it every now and again, but don't find it nearly as special as some people do.

That said. I think i'm in the minority thus you should as the majority find it amazing :rolleyes:
Original post by Tommyjw
You know.. i just can't get that in to it. I play it every now and again, but don't find it nearly as special as some people do.

That said. I think i'm in the minority thus you should as the majority find it amazing :rolleyes:

Thats what im thinking, I struggle to play FPS on PC. I enjoy playing MMORPG/RPG on PC. That being said I've just seen starcraft dropped to £24 so might get that.
Original post by cambo211

Original post by cambo211
Atom Zombie Smasher is ****ing hard :colonhash:

It really is, I haven't given any of the modifiers a go yet but whenever I get a round that is just non-direct attack options I might as well give up.

I'm not much of a PC player though; I only realised a couple of days ago that you could even add people as friends on Steam. :colondollar:
Original post by Phalanges
It really is, I haven't given any of the modifiers a go yet but whenever I get a round that is just non-direct attack options I might as well give up.

I'm not much of a PC player though; I only realised a couple of days ago that you could even add people as friends on Steam. :colondollar:

:tongue:

There's a few inbuilt modifiers after you've played through it once that can make it easier.

You can slow zombies down and make it so you always have at least one offensive mercenary.

Quick Reply

Latest