The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Owens Park Offers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I just got an offer for Owens Park, I put Oak House as my first choice, Richmond as my second and Bowden Court as my third so i didnt get any of my choices so im pretty gutted especially as all the ones i applied for are self catered and owens park is catered. If any one is looking to swap PM me :smile:
Im L6.01.12
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 41
Original post by stephaniebuckley
What was your first choice? If you email the accomodation office they give you the option to appeal - it takes a week, i'm looking to hear back from them on Monday, but its pretty unlikely they will be able to move me now at this stage apparently :frown:

On the off chance you're interested, i've got a room at Victoria Hall that I really dont want haha.

Have you still got a room in Victoria Hall? Im in Owens Park. PM me if you want to swap?
Reply 42
I'm in Owens Park, Tree Court B, Floor 2, Flat 11. Not what I wanted but might as well make the best of it :smile:
Anyone nearby want to talk a bit before we all move in?
Reply 43
How does the swapping work?
Reply 44
I have heard about the tower challenge. Seems like a whole lot of fun. !
Reply 45
I just got an offer for Owens Park. Wasn't any of my 3 choices as i am all for self catered but what will be will be. Sounds like the centre of all student shenanigans anyway.

T3.06.20
Reply 46
Original post by anniikiins11
Haa ... This is why I'm still umming and ahhing about whether or not to get somewhere else or just accept that I'm going to be slumming it in owen's park for the next year :L - oh and I think I'm in the 'dreaded tower' lol

I'm going to study adult nursing so I kinda don't want to be woken up at 4am before a 12 hour shift after my placements start :s-smilie:

I was going to ring up the accommodation office tomorrow but like you've said it's very late on now - i wanted woolton hall myself as well

wow i'm going for adult nursing and am in little court! i was worried about it being catered because of the early shifts and late shifts! i'm glad theres someone else with me on this one hahah! x
Reply 47
does no-one have m9 (the mall)????
Reply 48
Original post by brindy21
wow i'm going for adult nursing and am in little court! i was worried about it being catered because of the early shifts and late shifts! i'm glad theres someone else with me on this one hahah! x

Im same as you too! Adult nursing and in Owens Park :biggrin:
Try and get them to make us packed lunches or something :smile: xx
Original post by brindy21

I did originally think that myself - but i wanted catered to try and save abit of money :s-smilie: lol

placements dont start til after january ive read in our 'suvival guide' :L so we can hoard and eat as much as we want til then haha

I think i was more worried about the noise to begin with but im sure we'll be fineeeee lol :smile: x
Original post by Spixelated
Im same as you too! Adult nursing and in Owens Park :biggrin:
Try and get them to make us packed lunches or something :smile: xx

Oooh - where abouts are you staying? :smile: x
Reply 51
Not going to swap now, Staying in M9.02.12
(edited 12 years ago)
Hiya, I'm in Little Court 5 :smile: is anyone else there whose starting in September? Most people on here seem to be in Tree Court or Tower.
Reply 53
Original post by Charley1992
Hiya, I'm in Little Court 5 :smile: is anyone else there whose starting in September? Most people on here seem to be in Tree Court or Tower.

I think im in Little court, L6.01.12? :smile: What are you studying?
Reply 54
What everyone bringing with them? ... Im not sure cos I didnt really want catered :/
What are the rooms like in the tower too? horrible? lol xxx
Reply 55
Owen's Park, Tree Court, 3rd Floor, Room 10 if anyone's near me, I have no idea what's going on!
My name's Ashling Saperia (I'm doing LLC) if anyone wants to add me on facebook :smile:
Original post by alicephil
What everyone bringing with them? ... Im not sure cos I didnt really want catered :/
What are the rooms like in the tower too? horrible? lol xxx
There's a list on the OP website as well as on TSR.

Plus catered's better because you dont have to worry about food during the week and you get to meet alot more people rather than just being stuck with the people in your flat in self-catered.

Student accom is always going to be crappy but I picked OP because of the atmosphere not because the walls were a nice shade of beige.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
Hi, I'm in TA.02.03 which what I've gathered from this thread is Tree Court. When is everyone thinking about moving into the accommodation, on the 15th?
If anyone else is doing a Science Foundation year feel free to add me on facebook :smile:
Reply 58
G2. 02. 01 Still rather confused about what this means :s-smilie: ha, also wanted self caters so anyone have any idea about what cooking stuff there is for weekends? x
Reply 59
I am G2.G.15 anyone near me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending