The Student Room Group

Ask ACCA - Your questions answered

Hello,

My name is Laura, and I am the ACCA Official Representative here on The Student Room. From 21st 27th September I will be available to answer any questions you have about the ACCA Qualificaton for a whole week.

So, if you are based in the UK and want to find out more, please join me next week and ask me what you would like to know! I will be answering questions live in this forum, so join this thread and find out more.

Look forward to speaking with you then,
Laura May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
I am online all this week if you have any questions. I will be logging on each morning to answer your queries - just add to this thread.
Thanks,
Laura
Reply 2
Hi Laura,
i am in my 2nd year of University and once i graduate would like to start an accountancy career,
so i intend to pass some professional accountancy qualifications while at University.

What are the ACCA entry level / first level examinations that a junior/graduate accountant would need to pass and in what order?

thank youl
Reply 3
Original post by katx
Hi Laura,
i am in my 2nd year of University and once i graduate would like to start an accountancy career,
so i intend to pass some professional accountancy qualifications while at University.

What are the ACCA entry level / first level examinations that a junior/graduate accountant would need to pass and in what order?

thank youl

Hi,

Thanks for your question. Once you graduate, depending on which degree you do, you may be exempt from some of the ACCA exam papers. What is your degree in?

You can find out which exemptions you are entitled to at https://portal.accaglobal.com/accrweb/faces/page/public/accreditations/enquiry/main/EnqInstitutionsTable.jspx

Hope this helps Katx!

Laura
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Hello Laura,

I will be starting an Accounting and finance degree next week and i was just wondering how many excemptions i will get at the end of the degree?
Also how many papers are there in ACCA?

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by ACCA
Hi,

Thanks for your question. Once you graduate, depending on which degree you do, you may be exempt from some of the ACCA exam papers. What is your degree in?

You can find out which exemptions you are entitled to at https://portal.accaglobal.com/accrweb/faces/page/public/accreditations/enquiry/main/EnqInstitutionsTable.jspx

Hope this helps Katx!

Laura

Unfortunately the institute i attend is not applicable, it said this:

There are no assessed programmes for this institution.

So i presume i would have to start from the beginning.

I just dont know which are the exams i need to start with and privately sit?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by TraKKtion
Hello Laura,

I will be starting an Accounting and finance degree next week and i was just wondering how many excemptions i will get at the end of the degree?
Also how many papers are there in ACCA?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your question. To find out which exemptions you are entitled to, visit https://portal.accaglobal.com/accrwe...ionsTable.jspx

There are fourteen papers in total, although if you qualify for the exemptions you may not need to complete all of these. To see a list of all of the papers in the ACCA Qualification, visit http://www2.accaglobal.com/ukgraduates/qualification/

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more information,

Laura
Reply 7
Original post by ACCA
Hi,

Thanks for your question. To find out which exemptions you are entitled to, visit https://portal.accaglobal.com/accrwe...ionsTable.jspx

There are fourteen papers in total, although if you qualify for the exemptions you may not need to complete all of these. To see a list of all of the papers in the ACCA Qualification, visit http://www2.accaglobal.com/ukgraduates/qualification/

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more information,

Laura

The first link u sent me doesn't work.
Reply 8
Original post by katx
Unfortunately the institute i attend is not applicable, it said this:

There are no assessed programmes for this institution.

So i presume i would have to start from the beginning.

I just dont know which are the exams i need to start with and privately sit?

Hi Katx,
OK - You will need to complete all 14 exams then, starting with F1, Accountant in Business. You will also need to complete an online ethics module and three years practical work experience.

Take a look at http://www2.accaglobal.com/ukgraduates/qualification/ for a full list of the exams you will need to sit. If you decide to undertake the ACCA Qualification, I would recommend doing it while you work, as then you gain the experience as you go along.

Hope this helps,

Laura
Reply 9
Dear Laura,

Am Rose a gruduate with Bachelors of Commerce (Banking and Finance) from Africa, Uganda (Makerere University) in Particular and would like to get a qualification in ACCA. What standards should i have?

Thanks
Reply 10
Hi Rose,

Many thanks for your question. I would recommend contacting our office in Kampala on tel: +256 (0)414 251328, or via e-mail: [email protected]

Now you have graduated, you will be eligile for exemptions, and our Uganda office should be able to advise about this.

Hope this helps,

Laura
Reply 11
Original post by lindio
Dear Laura,

Am Rose a gruduate with Bachelors of Commerce (Banking and Finance) from Africa, Uganda (Makerere University) in Particular and would like to get a qualification in ACCA. What standards should i have?

Thanks

Re: Ask ACCA - Your questions answered

Hi Rose,

Many thanks for your question. I would recommend contacting our office in Kampala on tel: +256 (0)414 251328, or via e-mail: [email protected]

Now you have graduated, you will be eligile for exemptions, and our Uganda office should be able to advise about this.

Hope this helps,

Laura
Reply 12
Original post by ACCA
Hi Katx,
OK - You will need to complete all 14 exams then, starting with F1, Accountant in Business. You will also need to complete an online ethics module and three years practical work experience.

Take a look at http://www2.accaglobal.com/ukgraduates/qualification/ for a full list of the exams you will need to sit. If you decide to undertake the ACCA Qualification, I would recommend doing it while you work, as then you gain the experience as you go along.

Hope this helps,

Laura

thanks Laura,

i thought when i graduate i could, like you say, sit the exams while working on day release, but i wanted to have an edge over other candidates when applying.

i read you need to sit and pass F2 + F3 before you can take F1, is this correct?

but then will i even be able to sit F1-F3 with no accountancy experience and just as a student? will ACCA allow this?

if not, is there any other way you know of where i can gain a competitive advantage over other graduates applying?

thank you :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by ACCA
Hi Katx,

Hope this helps,

Laura

thanks Laura,

i thought when i graduate i could, like you say, sit the exams while working on day release, but i wanted to have an edge over other candidates when applying.

i read you need to sit and pass F2 + F3 before you can take F1, is this correct?

but then will i even be able to sit F1-F3 with no accountancy experience and just as an undergraduate? will ACCA allow this?

if not, is there any other way you know of where i can gain a competitive advantage over other graduates applying?

Reply 14
Original post by katx
thanks Laura,

but then will i even be able to sit F1-F3 with no accountancy experience and just as an undergraduate? will ACCA allow this?

Hi,

Re: taking F2 & F3 before F1, this isn't correct. You should start at F1 and work your way through.

Re: will ACCA allow you to study before you graduate, the answer is yes. You can begin your studies independently as a graduate if you wish. The minimum entry requirement is two A Levels and three GCSEs or their equivalent.

Re: gaining an edge, I would strongly recommend getting some work experience. Any voluntary work/internships etc that you do also count towards the 'experience' element of the qualification.

So, if you have relevant work experience from a previous job, such as an internship, than you can count that towards your three years as long as it is linked to the performance objectives. All of your experience has to be signed off by a workplace mentor.

You can see the performance objectives at www.accaglobal.com/ukgraduates/qualification, which should help you decide where to try and apply for work experience.

Best wishes,

Laura
Reply 15
I am hoping for an unbiased reply lol :smile:
what are the major differences between ACCA abd ACA and all the other major qualifications?
any advantages/disadvantages?
any recommendations?
Thank you...
Reply 16

Original post by ACCA
Hello,

My name is Laura, and I am the ACCA Official Representative here on The Student Room. From 21st 27th September I will be available to answer any questions you have about the ACCA Qualificaton for a whole week.

So, if you are based in the UK and want to find out more, please join me next week and ask me what you would like to know! I will be answering questions live in this forum, so join this thread and find out more.

Look forward to speaking with you then,
Laura May

Hi,I am currently studying ACCA in Kenya and would like to come and start my degree at UCL for information Management for Business.I opted into Oxford Brookes degree program.I was wondering,when I come to london,which place can I get someone to help me out with the project?
Thank you.
Reply 17
Hi Laura

I completed a degree in Accounting & Finance at University which has given me exemptions for papers F1 - F9. Do I need to register with ACCA to claim these exemptions, if so? when?

Also, I am now pursuing a Masters right now which will end on September next year, should I register with ACCA then? :confused:

Thanks
Reply 18
Hi Laura, i was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about the ACCA qualifications. To pass do i need to do the exams and work at the same time? and what qualification would i come out with in the end? Thank you
Reply 19
Hi Laura,

I am a third year studying Accountancy and Finance at the University of Derby.

I am predicted a 1st / 2:1, however I have really bad A Level grades (C in IT and a D in Business Studies) and an AS Level grade D in Maths, due to messing around too much when I was 16/17 etc.

What's your opinion on my prospects of attaining graduate employment with an Accountancy firm with these grades? and what's your experience with dealing with people in this kind of situation? Furthermore I have done extra curricular activities such as attaining an award in leadership and management endorsed by the ILM, and have done a summer work placement within the Finance department at my University, could this improve my competitive advantage despite my grades.

Regards,

Luke

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending