The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene and dental therapy 2012 entry?

Hi who's applying for Dental hygiene and dental therapy 2012? Also where you applying? x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Vix,

I'm applying for 2012 entry. Hoping to go to Manchester. How about you?
Reply 2
me 2!! London ;0):biggrin:
Reply 3
This will be my third year of applying to get in to dental therapy, im applying to newcastle, teeside, liverpool and leeds :smile:
Reply 4
hi, yeah, im applying for dental hygiene and therapy courses for 2012 entry. not so sure about where to apply to. the competition is soo high so kinda worried about that. what AS grades did you guys get, my werent great but predicted are quite good. xx

also are u guys applying for the diploma course or the degree course
Hi,

I am applying to Sheffield and Leeds, has anybody heard from Sheffield yet? Interviews are in November but don't know when they start letting people know x
Reply 6
Hi everyone im applying for Manchester, Teeside, Dundee and UHI hope i get in somewhere :-).

How is everyone getting on with there personal statement mines driving me mad!!

Are you all dental nurses or not? xx
Reply 7
doing my personal statement right now! no i am an alevel student, and who's applying for the degree courses?
Reply 8
Hiya everyone im applying this year too for dental hygiene and therapy :smile: thinking of goin to london, cardiff, teeside or portsmouth. Fingers crossed i get in this year lol x
Reply 9
Where in london are you applying to ?
Reply 10
Queen Mary Uni in London :smile: x
Reply 11
Hi guys, I'm applying for BSC at Manchester, Liverpool, Portsmouth, Birmingham and Cardiff.
When are people sending their personal statements off by?
x
Reply 12
Original post by frostyfog
Wish everbody good luck in their applications. Its a nightmare having to wait for replies from universities and its even worse when you have rejections. Its a very competitive course to get into, Ive even met students applying with 3As for Dental Hygiene and therapy (Degree).
Very important!
Personal Statement + Experience +Knowlegde of what you are applying for (In relation to your Experience)
and be able to defend your Personal Statement.

Im just a prospective student as well.

Hi what qualifacations have you got? Have you got experience or not where are u applying too sorry for all questions x
Reply 13
Animal science Diploma, Dental nursing, Fd cert if higher education in Oral health promotion, A levels (chem C and biology B),
offered admission at queen mary (London is expensive, plus its a diploma therefore rejected the offer)
got an unconditional offer at teesside (applied to start this year but was deffered till 2012)
going toteesside.

That's great well done. :smile: x
Reply 14
When are all of you sending off your applications?
I'm having a bit of a problem with one of my referees who is ill and can't give my reference so i can't send it off for ages.
Also, how important are good references?
Reply 15
Animal science Diploma, Dental nursing, Fd cert if higher education in Oral health promotion, A levels (chem C and biology B),
offered admission at queen mary (London is expensive, plus its a diploma therefore rejected the offer)
got an unconditional offer at teesside (applied to start this year but was deffered till 2012)
going toteesside.

Hey Frostyfog!! well done you!!!!!!!!
I recently read somewhere here that you did your OHP and A levels last year and I know how hard it is !! YOU DID ABSOLUTELLY WELL getting B and C well done you!!!!! \o/
I am doing my A level Bio and Oral Health Education and it is soooooo hard work !!I can't wait to finish !!!!
Good luck!!!
I'm applying to Birmingham, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Manchester and Portsmouth for the degree course :smile: good luck to everyone...fingers crossed we all get offers!x
Reply 17
Hi guys....

A book that is very useful for all students with interviews as i have used it myself is:

Basic Guide to Dental Procedures by Carole Hollins

Definately try and use it prior to interviews!!!

u can get cheap a copy on ebay, as i am selling mine, but i dont want to post the link as i think its against TSR terms and conditions so get in touch with me if you are interested! or search for it on ebay!

Good luck guys!
Reply 18
Hi everyone, i am new to this .. But would any of you tell me how many times have you tried to apply or wheter you have been accepted and what qualification you got or need? Thanks saraf
Reply 19
Hey everyone, I'm applying for the BSc in Dental Therapy and Dental Hygiene. I'm applying to Birmingham, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Teesside and Manchester/Liverpool (not sure on the last one yet). I'm just waiting for my reference to be done and hopefully my app should be sent off. Who else is applying to these UNI's?

Quick Reply

Latest