The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SillyRodent
Ordered from amazon, dispatched early yesterday and it hasn't arrived. Still says today as the delivery estimate but I think I'm going to have to accept its not going to come today!

Yeah, I'm still waiting on my Amazon order. :colondollar:
Original post by AllisonAdorkable
Yeah, I'm still waiting on my Amazon order. :colondollar:

Well good luck but I've lost all hope personally :tongue:

I'm out all day tomorrow as well so I'm feeling quite mournful. Assuming it does come tomorrow..
Original post by RyanT
I am perplexed at how a bandit with two arrows in his face can still attack me ( a bit further along from this screenie).

is this your first Bethesda game or something? :biggrin:
Still waiting for ASDA :cry: Looks like I won't be getting it until tomorrow. And then I'm at work until half 5 tomorrow.

FML
Original post by hassi94
Still waiting for ASDA :cry: Looks like I won't be getting it until tomorrow. And then I'm at work until half 5 tomorrow.

FML

Check your tracking on the site.

Mine isnt due to be delivered until gone 3 according to the site.
Reply 2145
Original post by ilyking
I got mine this morning for PS3. Been playing it for 6 hours straight!

it is the most amazing game I have ever played to say the least.

still disappointed about fast travel and radar though...

Because its there or because its not? Haven't been reading up on the game too much

Personally I hope its not...
Original post by Hanvyj
Because its there or because its not? Haven't been reading up on the game too much

Personally I hope its not...

It's there but there's nothing making you use it.
Original post by Mess.
ASDA? :awesome:

I ordered at about 11pm Wednesday night and still got it before 12 today :mmm: I did send a quite abusive email telling them if it isn't in stock to cancel the order tbf :awesome:

I ordered 3 weeks ago and it hasn't come :mad:

Original post by cambo211
Check your tracking on the site.

Mine isnt due to be delivered until gone 3 according to the site.

I can't right now - my brother did the order and he knows the password for the account he created - he's at uni right now so I've text him in anticipation.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by imperial maniac

Original post by imperial maniac
Just bought it, whacked it in the computer, type in the authorization code, then BLAM!:

Error-"Steam server are too busy to handle your request."

It then proceeds to install 5000mb of something (I'm guessing a patch??) but it hasn't actually installed the game off the disk yet.

Is this normal? 5000mb seems rather a lot.
It's normal for the installation of the game, yes :p:
It's here WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Reply 2150
Original post by cambo211
It's there but there's nothing making you use it.

yes there is you plum

there is no taxi/teleport spells so you have to run manually :sigh:
Reply 2151
Original post by hassi94
I ordered 3 weeks ago and it hasn't come :mad:

shame :h:

been playing for 6-7 hours
Original post by Hanvyj
eek, my computer probably can't play BF3 on high... Hope it can manage skyrim

Are you sure antialiasing on 0? Generally this is one of the most taxing settings, maybe its in a different section or something :/

Seems to be graphics card intensive, I have a 3 year old PC (Core2duo E6750, 4gb of generic cheap RAM) but with a brand new graphics card in it (GTX560Ti Twin Frozr) and it runs flawlessly on high, with only a tiny framerate hit for Ultra. Actually runs flawlessly on Ultra, if shadows are turned down one notch. That's with full AA and full anisotropic filtering. I think (though might be wrong!) that BF3 is a bit more processor intensive, I probably wouldn't be able to run it that well at all, so really it's down to which parts of your computer are up to spec rather than the whole rig.

Also remember that BF3 supports DX11, whereas Skyrim is just (unbelievably well executed...) DX9, automatically making BF3 more power-hungry. Even though Skyrim is easily one of the best looking games I've ever seen. I was a bit disappointed / skeptical when they revealed it was DX9 only... needlessly really, it's stunning to look at.
Original post by Dalimyr
It's normal for the installation of the game, yes :p:

It's not really... I've heard of this with Steam before. He means that even though he has the physical disk, it's downloading the entire installation from Steam anyway, ignoring the files on the disk. There is a way to make it install from the disk and then just activate through Steam... but I can't remember how. Google will know.
I'm buying it as soon as I have some decent cash. All sounds very positive, few bugs here and there, but that's to be expected nowadays!
I hate ASDA :frown:
To those still waiting for their games to arrive, the wait will be worth it I assure you :smile: I've spent 3 hours just exploring the landscape and finding locations, haven't even started the quests yet. I'm content to just explore for now and kill off random wildlife/bandits.

Have created a Bosmer (Wood Elf) will play it as a thief/assassin style character, as you get racial starting bonus in archery, light armour, sneak, lockpicking, and pickpocket :smile: Time to rack up those stealth kills!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ilyking
yes there is you plum

there is no taxi/teleport spells so you have to run manually :sigh:

Pretend that quick travel is a taxi/teleport spell. Make a rule of only so many teleports per day. Or only quick travel to main towns (not minor landmarks). Or only quick travel from main towns.
Reply 2158
I am content to wait for the updated version to be released. Have no desire to get the game straight away, though I'm sure it'll be a fun play.
Reply 2159
It's actually SO overwhelming I have no idea what to do. I don't know if I have the time/can be bothered to play this seriously. Great game though.

Quick Reply

Latest