The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by Onique
Ah, I see. Well good luck with the task ^^
Other than Kent... Cambridge - interview and Edinburgh - rejection.
Haven't heard from Nottingham.

aw man, ucl application was unsuccessful :/ idk why, i really wanna know why though. was it like grades, course being full or like ps not strong enough? such a bummer. i see. congrats on your interview for cambridge! whens your interview?
Reply 701
Original post by kAe.
AAB, I am more looking forward to the UCL and the Bath one tho haha
I dont think it will affect the 1st one coz the national strike is just on 30th I think:s-smilie:

AAB!?! What are you predicted, what subjects are you doing? :biggrin:
Well done btw!
Reply 702
Original post by charleyb
AAB!?! What are you predicted, what subjects are you doing? :biggrin:
Well done btw!

A*AA, Maths, Fine Art and Physics

I guess that is only becoz I am an international applicant:rolleyes:
Reply 703
Original post by charlottelea

Original post by charlottelea
Got an offer from Northumbria :biggrin: Yay, first offer!

So that makes it...

Cambridge - Interview
UCL - Interview
Bath - Acknowledged
Sheffield - Portfolio
Northumbria - Conditional

I've applied to all the same but replace Sheffield with Cardiff! I've got an offer from Northumbria too :biggrin: what date was your interview? (might have seen you on the day aha)
Original post by amycu
I've applied to all the same but replace Sheffield with Cardiff! I've got an offer from Northumbria too :biggrin: what date was your interview? (might have seen you on the day aha)

Ah, it was the 16th november...i think? I had a fur scarf on if you were there!
Reply 705
Original post by anightrem
aw man, ucl application was unsuccessful :/ idk why, i really wanna know why though. was it like grades, course being full or like ps not strong enough? such a bummer. i see. congrats on your interview for cambridge! whens your interview?

Aw, Sorry. Have you emailed them?
8th December ^^
Where else have you applied?

You should definately email them! They should tell you why and are you an international student?
Reply 707
Original post by Onique
Aw, Sorry. Have you emailed them?
8th December ^^
Where else have you applied?

I haven't emailed them though. I was thinking of doing but idk how to phrase the email properly without coming off as like yeahhhh.
ooh that's soon! prepared for it? (:
applied for kent, cardiff, oxford brookes, bath. gonna apply for aa as well but haha idk how it would go
Reply 708
Original post by chokoishii
You should definately email them! They should tell you why and are you an international student?

yeah i was thinking of emailing them! but idk how to phrase it properly and all. but i dont think they would give me a good enough answer, cos based on the previous emails with them, they dont seem really helpful :/ yup i'm an international student
Reply 709
Got an offer last night from University of Edinburgh!

I am delighted to inform you that you have been made a Conditional offer to study Architecture at the University of Edinburgh.

The conditions of your offer are that you must obtain the International Baccalaureate award of Diploma with an overall score of 34 or above, with 555 in Higher Level subjects, and 6 in Standard Level Maths, with 4 in Standard Level English.

There is no need for you to submit a portfolio, as you have achieved grade A in GCSE Art & Design.

It's my top choice and my first offer. Sooo happy! :smile:
Reply 710
Original post by AceDLS
Got an offer last night from University of Edinburgh!

It's my top choice and my first offer. Sooo happy! :smile:

haha congrats Ace! :biggrin: So unfair, first offer first choice lol.
Would you still choose hku over edinburgh though?
Reply 711
Omg is this Jun?
Hahaha hey dude!

Yeah.. I think I would. Edinburgh's my top choice for UK haha!
Where you applying buddy?
Reply 712
I haven't emailed them though. I was thinking of doing but idk how to phrase the email properly without coming off as like yeahhhh.
ooh that's soon! prepared for it? (:
applied for kent, cardiff, oxford brookes, bath. gonna apply for aa as well but haha idk how it would go

Maybe it won't be worth it then? If they're not all that helpful
Kind of... just a few more portfolio things to do and I'll be ready!
You still have some pretty good uni's there :biggrin: Just concentrate on them ^^
Reply 713
Original post by Onique
Maybe it won't be worth it then? If they're not all that helpful
Kind of... just a few more portfolio things to do and I'll be ready!
You still have some pretty good uni's there :biggrin: Just concentrate on them ^^

yeah, if i email, it would be the end of this week
i see, all the best for it! you'll do awesome :>
yup yup i will do my best, hopefully things will go great
Reply 714
Hi, did anyone apply for Cardiff?
and like after you sent in your portfolio, do they acknowledge they got it or just gotta wait till they give offers? :smile:
Reply 715
Plymouth sent me an email saying they received my portfolio.
I assume it was automatic though since I got it like a minute after I sent it haha.
Reply 716
Original post by AceDLS
Omg is this Jun?
Hahaha hey dude!

Yeah.. I think I would. Edinburgh's my top choice for UK haha!
Where you applying buddy?

haha hey, yah it's Jun. :smile:
I'm applying for King's college, Ucl, Bath, Cardiff, Nottingham.
not too sure about hku atm, not sure when the deadline is and whether I still have time to finish the application :s-smilie:
Hi, did anyone apply for Cardiff?
and like after you sent in your portfolio, do they acknowledge they got it or just gotta wait till they give offers? :smile:

Still waiting :/ I think it wont be til January that we here anything back.
Reply 718
Original post by pretzl.logic
Still waiting :/ I think it wont be til January that we here anything back.

When did you send in your portfolio? Aw man, that's a long time from now. the wait is going to kill me
Reply 719
When did you send in your portfolio? Aw man, that's a long time from now. the wait is going to kill me

It was actually written on the website that when they are going to give out offers.

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/archi/admissionsbsc-faq.php

When will I hear if I have been offered a place on the course?
Decisions will be processed throughout the application cycle, for main cycle applicants the first batch of decisions are likely to be made mid-December, then late February or late March. Once the school has made a decision on your application you will be informed via UCAS Track of any outcome.

I keep checking my email everyday even if I know that :s-smilie: Waiting is such a pain!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending