The Student Room Group

Middlesex or Kingston or Greenwich

Hi,

I got conditional offers from Middlesex, Kingston and Greenwich for "MA International Business Management*" for the Jan 2012 intake.
I am not able to zero down on the university. I need help.
which one would you chose if you were in my shoes and why?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by livindead316
Hi,

I got conditional offers from Middlesex, Kingston and Greenwich for "MA International Business Management*" for the Jan 2012 intake.
I am not able to zero down on the university. I need help.
which one would you chose if you were in my shoes and why?

Thanks

Kingston has the best overall reputation out of those three.

I don't know specifically about their business schools.

Stay well clear of Middlesex university..I know a lot of people who go there. It's awful.
Reply 2
Original post by Akkuz
Kingston has the best overall reputation out of those three.

I don't know specifically about their business schools.

Stay well clear of Middlesex university..I know a lot of people who go there. It's awful.

I agree with the middlesex comment but isnt greenwich better than kingston? my friend goes there and says its *****
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 079
I agree with the middlesex comment but isnt greenwich better than kingston? my friend goes there and says its *****

I know three people at Kingston who've graduated and said it's not bad. I also know a few people who went to Greenwich and dropped out because they hated it. Obviously may vary from context to context.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks Guys!
I have to make up my mind at the earliest!

which place is better and more lively, as in the county: middlesex or kingston or greenwich?
Kingston is a brilliant place to live and study, though it's really close to Middlesex. Kingston's a great location, really nice area and close to central but there is plenty here nightlife/shopping wise. Don't know which campus you'd be based at but they're all pretty nice and the free bus service is a god send. It's also really easy to get a job in Kingston- tonnes of part time jobs always on offer.
Reply 6
Original post by watermelon sugar
Kingston is a brilliant place to live and study, though it's really close to Middlesex. Kingston's a great location, really nice area and close to central but there is plenty here nightlife/shopping wise. Don't know which campus you'd be based at but they're all pretty nice and the free bus service is a god send. It's also really easy to get a job in Kingston- tonnes of part time jobs always on offer.

Thanks for the reply. I will be based in the King Hill campus. So have a few more questions. As i am from india and used to a lot of hustle bustle, and lively atmosphere till late in the night, so i am afraid if kingston would get quiet and closed early in the evening. Is it so or Kingston is up and running till late?
Original post by livindead316
Thanks for the reply. I will be based in the King Hill campus. So have a few more questions. As i am from india and used to a lot of hustle bustle, and lively atmosphere till late in the night, so i am afraid if kingston would get quiet and closed early in the evening. Is it so or Kingston is up and running till late?

Kingston Hill is a slightly cheaper area than where the Penrhyn Rd campus is, there is a bus until midnight-ish between all the campuses and the town centre but still Kingston Hill is only about a 15 min walk from the town centre.

I'm far from an expert on indian culture but the societies are really active, there are "bollywood" themed nights, loads of shisha places open late and there are a lot of indian students(actually loads of international students and societies in general). There's a club open til 3am every night of the week and pubs open til midnight. Cinema, bowling, eats etc are open til midnight everyday. Shopping closes at 6 most nights but there are lots of 24 hour supermarkets and late night openings. It's like mini london.
I don't go to kingston, but I go to uwl which is close. Kingston is a safe area in my opinion and is extremely lively during the day and evenings. Oceana is the place you want to go in kingston, student nights are fairly cheap and so are the drinks! I would definitely say go for kingston out of your three options. Also, as someone else mentioned there are so many part time jobs available which is a plus!
Reply 9
Original post by watermelon sugar
Kingston Hill is a slightly cheaper area than where the Penrhyn Rd campus is, there is a bus until midnight-ish between all the campuses and the town centre but still Kingston Hill is only about a 15 min walk from the town centre.

I'm far from an expert on indian culture but the societies are really active, there are "bollywood" themed nights, loads of shisha places open late and there are a lot of indian students(actually loads of international students and societies in general). There's a club open til 3am every night of the week and pubs open til midnight. Cinema, bowling, eats etc are open til midnight everyday. Shopping closes at 6 most nights but there are lots of 24 hour supermarkets and late night openings. It's like mini london.

Thanks for the help bro.
Reply 10
Original post by ,,,,
I don't go to kingston, but I go to uwl which is close. Kingston is a safe area in my opinion and is extremely lively during the day and evenings. Oceana is the place you want to go in kingston, student nights are fairly cheap and so are the drinks! I would definitely say go for kingston out of your three options. Also, as someone else mentioned there are so many part time jobs available which is a plus!

Thanks for the response.
Could you please give me a little insight into the accommodation scenario in kingston?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending