The Student Room Group

Guys don't seem to like nice girls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by gintoki
You are not looking properly I'm afraid. You are saying you are seeing guys with bitchy girls, obviously what these guys want is easy sex and not a relationship. By saying this I mean that you are only looking at this type of guy and disregarding/ignoring the actual nice guys that actually like nice girls (yes, those that are not surrounded by bitchy girls).

I'm not, I'm always looking for the "guy at the back". Those kind of guys are way too intimidating, and usually shallow. Besides, I'm not talking about one off flings, they define themselves as being in a relationship.
You sure you're not just calling these girls horrible bitches because they got with the guy you like?
Reply 22
Original post by extroshy
I'm not, I'm always looking for the "guy at the back". Those kind of guys are way too intimidating, and usually shallow. Besides, I'm not talking about one off flings, they define themselves as being in a relationship.

Define "guy at the back".
Reply 23
Original post by Phil2008
You sure you're not just calling these girls horrible bitches because they got with the guy you like?

No, I've never had any specific guys in mind :smile: ... But at the end of the day, that would be silly, if that's the type of girl he would be attractive to, it obviously wouldn't work out with me if I was with him :tongue:
Reply 24
Original post by gintoki
Define "guy at the back".

Well I'm a "lass at the back". Go figure.
Reply 25
Well maybe I just mean respectful by not taking people for granted, and giving people a chance. Yeah you're right, it is unhealthy. I get walked over all the time, and if I had a boyfriend I'd put his feelings first before my own.

Besides, a lot of times, we aren't even talking about "attractive girls". Fair enough if I'm unattractive, I honestly don't know where I stand tbh, but I look at other girls who are nasty, vulgar, false, and supposedly by most standards physically unattractive, and I don't understand how they're considered attractive to all these guys, and I can't even get a guy to talk to me :confused:

I'm only 18, but I only live once. At the end of the day, I want someone to have fun with, a relationship certainly, but nothing intense. I don't want to be the innocent 30 year old woman that gets married to the first person that gives her attention. Screw all the people that say uni is meant to be the best time of your life. This is exactly like school :tongue:

A relationship should be equal, If you always put a guy first he'll think he's got it easy and will take advantage of that.

Well I don't find fake girls attractive, I have an ex that IMO was beautiful, now she has fake breasts, fake nails, wears high heels everywhere and does a lot of modelling and I think she looks horrific so we're not all after that look. I don't believe you can't get a guy to talk to you, there are thousands of guys out there looking for a decent girl (myself included)

I agree with you on that, I too was lead to believe that uni was going to be amazing but you're right it's just like school. However it shouldnt be hard to meet someone, are you not part of a social or anything?
Well I mean for relationships... or, "relationships". Not flings and such :frown:

I don't even like flings. I much prefer to have some nice who is kind, gentle, beautiful on the inside (which is so important to me coz some girls can be very unconfident because of their 'exterior' look), and most importantly somone who is my friend too because then you'll have a great relationship.
Original post by Creamyoda
Nice girls are usually nice to compensate for not being attractive. It's just the society we live in, I'd love to be proven wrong.

I disgree. I know a few girls who are relatively quiet yet pretty. One in particular is in the extreme of both - extremely quiet and pretty. :colondollar:
Reply 28
That I've ever known...

It's so frustrating. I always see them be with the bitchy, shallow girls, and then when these girls take off with someone they think is better, the guys turn round and go on about how girls aren't nice and are shallow... but these are the same guys that ignore the girls that could be "girlfriend material", for whatever reason. I don't get it :confused:

Clearly, I have no luck with guys whatsoever. I even started to think if I was less easy going and polite I'd get more attention. Since university I got compliments about my looks (Which I never got before), but they still don't bother to engage with me :frown:

pretty sure you're confusing this with nice guy syndrome where nice guys are overlooked for bad boys. I myself and can speak for most other men would prefer a nice girl over a shallow bitch any day, why wouldnt you? Is this a trick question?
Reply 29
Original post by Creamyoda
A relationship should be equal, If you always put a guy first he'll think he's got it easy and will take advantage of that.

Well I don't find fake girls attractive, I have an ex that IMO was beautiful, now she has fake breasts, fake nails, wears high heels everywhere and does a lot of modelling and I think she looks horrific so we're not all after that look. I don't believe you can't get a guy to talk to you, there are thousands of guys out there looking for a decent girl (myself included)

I agree with you on that, I too was lead to believe that uni was going to be amazing but you're right it's just like school. However it shouldnt be hard to meet someone, are you not part of a social or anything?

Well, I wouldn't know. Never gotten to that stage. I know that's how it should be though.

Seriously, I can't talk to guys. Maybe it's cause I've never had any father figures in my life, and they've never really been nice to me when I was younger. There doesn't seem to be enough guys around, it's always girls. I just make more female friends whenever I go out and try out a new society or whatever.
Reply 30
Well, you sound like a nice enough girl. Just stop worrying about it so much imo. Join a group/club, whatever your interested in, and you might meet a 'guy at the back' there.
Reply 31
Original post by newts2k
pretty sure you're confusing this with nice guy syndrome where nice guys are overlooked for bad boys. I myself and can speak for most other men would prefer a nice girl over a shallow bitch any day, why wouldnt you? Is this a trick question?

Huh? I don't understand your point. I really think it works both ways...

I mean you'd think if this was such a common problem "amongst guys" I would have met one of you lot by now. There are few things that I can say I'm good at, but I'm certainly observant :smile:
Original post by Mr Advice
I disgree. I know a few girls who are relatively quiet yet pretty. One in particular is in the extreme of both - extremely quiet and pretty. :colondollar:

Oh stop it! :colondollar:

You're always flirting with me like that! :rolleyes:
Reply 33

I mean you'd think if this was such a common problem "amongst guys" I would have met one of you lot by now. There are few things that I can say I'm good at, but I'm certainly observant :smile:

You are certainly not or else you wouldn't be making this thread.

I like nice girls and really hate bitchy/shallow (bullied by them in the past) and guess what? I'm single.
Original post by COD_is_a_fish
Oh stop it! :colondollar:

You're always flirting with me like that! :rolleyes:

Lol, you wish. :biggrin:
That I've ever known...

It's so frustrating. I always see them be with the bitchy, shallow girls, and then when these girls take off with someone they think is better, the guys turn round and go on about how girls aren't nice and are shallow... but these are the same guys that ignore the girls that could be "girlfriend material", for whatever reason. I don't get it :confused:

Clearly, I have no luck with guys whatsoever. I even started to think if I was less easy going and polite I'd get more attention. Since university I got compliments about my looks (Which I never got before), but they still don't bother to engage with me :frown:

I prefer the quieter girls. They have so much more to offer. I don't get why a lot of guys gravitate towards bitches.

Also, Sheffield eh? :tongue:
Original post by Mr Advice
Lol, you wish. :biggrin:

So that wasn't me you were talking about? :redface:
Reply 37

Im saying its a no brainer for most men if they had to choose between shallow, bitchy girls and nice girls. Unless, he was a moron, he would choose the nice girl surely. Im saying that girls often don't like 'nice guys' cos they give them what they want and girls dont want that? I dont even remotely understand women
That I've ever known...

You're getting compliments - therefore you aren't hideously ugly. I could be more positive but having never seen you, it would just be flattery to do so and wouldn't really help you.

All I can say is we aren't all like that. There's more to life than shallow men - leave them to the shallow women. Keep looking and you'll find someone worth finding. And if you want someone to talk to if it starts getting you down, my inbox is open. :smile:

Seriously, I can't talk to guys. Maybe it's cause I've never had any father figures in my life, and they've never really been nice to me when I was younger. There doesn't seem to be enough guys around, it's always girls. I just make more female friends whenever I go out and try out a new society or whatever.

We don't (all) bite. Just don't think of us as being any different at first - if we make you smile, keep talking. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
HiI guess luck if faith and you just have to keep trying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending