The Student Room Group

C1 Edexcel C1 13 January 2012 - how did you find it?

Just to get an idea of what the grade boundaries will be like, how did people on here find the exam today (well, yesterday...)?
I made a mistake on question 9 (part (b) I think) where you had to calculate the value of T, I got 40 instead of 400 (because I copied 18000 as 1800 when doing the simultaneous equations). How many marks will I lose for this (assuming I got the method right and the subsequent methods right but answers wron if you know what I mean)?
Anyway, how did you all find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did the exact same thing as you, except put 4000. Managed to change it to 400 though!
:s-smilie: i got 4000
Reply 3
Did you guys find the question where you had to sketch c2 or something with the equation (x-k)2(x-k+2) really hard? I spent a good ten minutes on it then just drew a +ve cubic and gave it random coordinates because I had no idea :s
Reply 4
i found it ok, harder than previous years, especially the surd and the sequences question, but hopefully i did ok
Reply 5
Original post by Larry31

Original post by Larry31
Did you guys find the question where you had to sketch c2 or something with the equation (x-k)2(x-k+2) really hard? I spent a good ten minutes on it then just drew a +ve cubic and gave it random coordinates because I had no idea :s

Yeah I was clueless :s-smilie:
Reply 6
can anyone elaborate on how they did 10b? showing that the equation of l2 was something(equation i can't remember)..? :smile:
Reply 7
iv got my resit forms ready =/
Reply 8
Original post by monam94
can anyone elaborate on how they did 10b? showing that the equation of l2 was something(equation i can't remember)..? :smile:

was that the one where you had to prove the normal?
Reply 9
Original post by monam94

Original post by monam94

You had to differentiate the equation and put in the x co-ordinate that would find you the gradient then the negative reciprocal of that would be the gradient of the normal and they y co-ordinate was 0 anyway...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by sahand
Yeah I was clueless :s-smilie:

Phew...I took it to my teacher and she was like 'Its easy' then tried to work through it and even she got confused, she asked if it was like a 7 mark question and we were like 'No only 3 marks' and she was like :O
Reply 11
I found the test really really hard :frown:
I thought that for a C1 exam it was quite challenging compared to past papers. Wasn't too bad though.

What did everybody get on the one where there was the graph and on the last part you had to find the area of the triange? My answer seemed stupid so I think I went wrong somewhere :s-smilie:
Original post by Larry31

One intersection with the x axis was (k,0)
Another was (k-2,0)
They were both to the right of the origin as k>2
That is what they wanted you to put. The only difference is that you can't 'measure a scale as you don't know what k is.
Also, I think the intersection with the y axis was (0,-(k)^3+2k^2) but I can't really remember.
Is the general consensus that it was hard then?
Reply 14
i thought it was a tricky paper, solutions and paper are in the first post of the june 11 C1 thread
Reply 15
Original post by Larry31

Original post by Larry31
Phew...I took it to my teacher and she was like 'Its easy' then tried to work through it and even she got confused, she asked if it was like a 7 mark question and we were like 'No only 3 marks' and she was like :O

I still don't understand how it's possible, I wonder if anyone else here knows...
Reply 16
Original post by Larry31

I'm probably wrong but i just showed a positive cubic not going through 0,0 and labelled the x coordinates as e.g. 2+k. Because i just saw that it somehow resembled the whole f(x-a) meaning going 'a' units to the right.
Reply 18
I thought it was fine up until question 7 then it was ptty hard from then on...notably the sequence and series question and the sketching question...
Original post by Larry31

you just told us the 3 co ords.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending