The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Randomized
Wessex is an amazing hall, i can't recommend it highly enough. I'm staying there now (first year) and i absolutely love it - everyone here does!

Any questions feel free to ask :smile:

That's nice to hear, I had a look round on the open day and it seemed lovely- very comfy sofas :smile: What are the bathrooms like? That's the clincher...
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by MegLily
That's nice to hear, I had a look round on the open day and it seemed lovely- very comfy sofas :smile: What are the bathrooms like? That's the clincher...

Yeah the JCR room is awesome, sofas are lovely but watch out for the 'hole seat' :tongue: (the one furthest away from the door)

Bathrooms are fine, they're cleaned everyday so they shouldn't be any issue there. I don't think i've ever seen another person in the toilet or the bathroom no matter what time i use it which is very convenient :smile: The one problem i have with them is that the shower heads are quite low down, a lot of the taller guys (and a couple of girls!) have to crouch down to wash our hair etc which gets annoying.
Reply 402
Original post by Lara103
I've also got a conditional offer for this course, so there are others! Not sure whether to make it my firm/insurance either

Ahh nice to see I'm not on my own lol :tongue:. Yea I'm still waiting on two more unis to get back to me and then I'll have to decide then. Are you going to the open day by any chance? I've booked mine for the 8th Feb :smile:.
Reply 403
Dont know if anyone has already said this..too many answers to look through! But any French and Italian applicants??

:smile:
Reply 404
Original post by mohamedaliali
Got a conditional offer for computer science :smile: is anyone planning on going to the post offer visit day ?

when is it??

Hi, I received an offer for CS from reading as well, sandwich course.. they should have sent you the dates in an email. Quick question: Is Reading better than Essex?
Anyone else have an offer for English Language at Reading? :smile:
Original post by siraajahmad
Hi, I received an offer for CS from reading as well, sandwich course.. they should have sent you the dates in an email. Quick question: Is Reading better than Essex?

Neither is "better" than the other as it depends on what you want. The reputation of Reading is, rightly or wrongly, considerably better than that of Essex and I am of the personal opinion that for almost all subjects it is better - in many cases considerably so. Really you should make your own judgement :smile:
Reply 408

CS?
Hmmm i'll have another look a tthe email and letter...
I don't know at the mo, to be honest Reading is looking best for me...close to home, better grade requirements and i love the place! But i'm going to look at Essex, from what i've heard they are both on par with eachother, but Reading is more well known as a Redbrick uni...people seem to have a lot of misconceptions about Essex though.

Original post by SeanaMay
CS?
Hmmm i'll have another look a tthe email and letter...
I don't know at the mo, to be honest Reading is looking best for me...close to home, better grade requirements and i love the place! But i'm going to look at Essex, from what i've heard they are both on par with eachother, but Reading is more well known as a Redbrick uni...people seem to have a lot of misconceptions about Essex though.

Lol similiar reasons why i prefer reading over essex xD p.s was thinking of going on the 26th of January for the open day
(edited 12 years ago)

Congrats on the offer :biggrin:
Hey there, I also have an offer for computer science at reading. Anyone been to and open day/applicants day? What did you think of it? I have heard reviews online that the course is boring and the unistats satisfaction is relatively low (79%) so not sure really what to do with the offer
Anybody look at accom yet or decided on it?
Reply 413
Original post by SillyMilly
Anybody look at accom yet or decided on it?

I've had a look, I think i'll be going for Mckinder, stenton or child's, Wbu?
Original post by Lauraaa12
I've had a look, I think i'll be going for Mckinder, stenton or child's, Wbu?

Exactly the same as you Mckinder, stenton and childs!
Reply 415

Same here :smile:
Reply 416
Just booked a visit day for politics and international relations on 22nd of Feb, anyone else going on that day?:smile:
Reply 417

I'm thinking of applying to Stenton too! Mackinder Halls are soo expensive!! But look so nice :tongue:
Reply 418
Original post by KellyyP
I'm thinking of applying to Stenton too! Mackinder Halls are soo expensive!! But look so nice :tongue:

Mackinder and Stenton are the same...theyre just different colourss and in slightly different parts of the campus :smile:
Original post by KellyyP

Yay there are a few of us woop!

Latest

Trending

Trending