The Student Room Group

Peninsula Medical School Applicants thread 2012 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rohitbd
Thanks and I know what you mean, I got rejected from manchester and felt like crap for weeks and ever since then I have doubted my peninsula interview performance, its such a big distraction though when its a day before the exam.

Oh god. Sorry about your Manchester rejection. I just got rejected from Peninsula this morning and feel really down about it. But I have a Manchester interview next week. My last hope of a place! But there's so much pressure and it's just really distracting. I wish you the best of luck with Barts interview :smile:
Reply 901
Original post by Seb
I look forward to most probably a rejection in February?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm rejected...
Reply 902
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
Oh god. Sorry about your Manchester rejection. I just got rejected from Peninsula this morning and feel really down about it. But I have a Manchester interview next week. My last hope of a place! But there's so much pressure and it's just really distracting. I wish you the best of luck with Barts interview :smile:

Omgomgomg, I have a Manchester interview next week! and also a rejection from PMS, but still!!!
Reply 903
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude

Cheers, and about manchester I would really try and put an emphasis on teamwork, and not get very nervous like I did (it was my first interview) plus keep your answers short , my answers were too long and they had to stop me, its because you get about 6 mins a station whereas I was more prepared for longer answers, whereas in MMI there is not that much time, plus I don't think they care what happened in the group discussion much but more about what you can recall from it, in the small interview about it, I should have done all of this but didn't and failed but fingers crossed for barts and peninsula. How did you think your peninsula interview went?
Reply 904
Did everyone hear at the same time, or are they still being sent out?!
Reply 905
Original post by Hazel247
Did everyone hear at the same time, or are they still being sent out?!

this is what I was wondering too...
Have they sent out any offers yet, or are they just sending out rejections?
Original post by Cheddar
Sorry to hear about that :console:

When was the email sent? How did you feel it went? What about your other choices?
Hope you've get some good news soon :smile:

Thanks. I though my interview went ok but I guess not. I'm still waiting on Cardiff but they havent interviewed me. I think I'm gunna have to take a gap year :frown:
Reply 907
Original post by Jacob :)
Thanks. I though my interview went ok but I guess not. I'm still waiting on Cardiff but they havent interviewed me. I think I'm gunna have to take a gap year :frown:

Sorry to hear about the rejection mate :frown:

When was your interview?
Reply 908
Are the rejection emails still being sent out? or were they from this morning?

Its complete madness on this thread right now, panic mode!
Reply 909
seems so harsh to send out rejections first!
Reply 910
I don't want to open my emails anymore! I had my interview really early, so I don't understand how they're doing it? 2 of my friends got rejected today, and they had the interview on the same day as me.

I feel like I'm being tricked into a false sense of relief that I haven't heard, as they're probably gonna reject me tomorrow/some time this week! Wish offers had gone out first! Waaaaaaaa! :s-smilie:
Reply 911
Original post by dewbear55
seems so harsh to send out rejections first!

Even more harsh about the timing, they must know A2 exams are on now and thats when they send rejections, its just cruel and could reduce the applicants confidence for his/her exams or make them lose the will if they get rejected, they should send the rejections either a little sooner or later but this is bang on exam period.
So sorry to hear about everyone's rejections today guys, but seriously hang on in there, It only takes one offer and if worst comes to worst then there's a Gap year, which I can tell you is a hell of an experience even if it doesn't come to anything.
Also there are other options such as studying in the Eu, I myself have applied through CAO to Ireland (It's not too late just yet) just in case I get straight rejections.
Seriously though weigh up all your options and remember one offer, one place, one medical degree. It's all you need.
Reply 913
Original post by Hazel247
I feel like I'm being tricked into a false sense of relief that I haven't heard, as they're probably gonna reject me tomorrow/some time this week! Wish offers had gone out first! Waaaaaaaa! :s-smilie:

100% agree with this! If they were going to give rejections first I wish they would have at least sent offers out later on the same day, makes the process even more cruel. :'(
Reply 914
Has anyone recieved offers yet ?? Are all these recent rejections from interviews in Dec ??
I had an interview in December and haven't heard anything should I be worried ??
:s-smilie:
Reply 915
Has anyone recieved offers yet ?? Are all these recent rejections from interviews in Dec ??
I had an interview in December and haven't heard anything should I be worried ?

We're in the same boat mate!
Reply 916
Original post by CharliS-D
I had an interview in December and haven't heard anything should I be worried ??
:s-smilie:

Well considering a lot of people were unfortunate enough to hear about rejections today, I would say you should be relieved that you haven't heard in a sense.
Original post by myyrh
Well considering a lot of people were unfortunate enough to hear about rejections today, I would say you should be relieved that you haven't heard in a sense.

This.
And I reckon that there's gonna be another batch of rejections tommorow the way things work.
I mean like someone could try ringing them up to see for themselves since the decisions have probably already been made. But i'm sure the admissions dept have a lot to deal with atm, with updating ucas and stuff.
Remember guys no news is good news.
Reply 918
Original post by joemullally
So sorry to hear about everyone's rejections today guys, but seriously hang on in there, It only takes one offer and if worst comes to worst then there's a Gap year, which I can tell you is a hell of an experience even if it doesn't come to anything.
Also there are other options such as studying in the Eu, I myself have applied through CAO to Ireland (It's not too late just yet) just in case I get straight rejections.
Seriously though weigh up all your options and remember one offer, one place, one medical degree. It's all you need.

I had a look at Ireland, don't they require extremely high grades. Like 720 UCAS points or something? Which you are unable to get with A-levels which seems to discriminate against UK applicants?
Reply 919
Well for those of use still waiting, it's highly likely we'll be hearing in the next few days!! I know it's been said before, but looking over the last two years, the 25-27th were all very... interesting days for PMS applicants :gasp: and they all seemed to come through from 5-5:30pm onward for some reason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending