Original post by nm786
how's gayle playing in BPL?
he's a great player.

He's already got two 100's. One 44 ball ton, one 61 ball ton :L
Reply 181
Original post by ♥ ♥
He's already got two 100's. One 44 ball ton, one 61 ball ton :L

:shock: siiicccckkk.
He's crazy, i bet he's going to break lots of records, like the longest six or the fastest 100.
Original post by nm786
:shock: siiicccckkk.
He's crazy, i bet he's going to break lots of records, like the longest six or the fastest 100.

The 44 ball ton has to be a record right?

His average is also like :shock:

His longest six that I've seen, was something like 107 or 109m...probably broken that record now too :L
Reply 183
i hope pakistan's fielding is improved next match and i hope they don't make stupid decision like today. They should get cook out quickly next match.
I hope they just play properly next match!!!
Reply 184
Original post by ♥ ♥
The 44 ball ton has to be a record right?

His average is also like :shock:

His longest six that I've seen, was something like 107 or 109m...probably broken that record now too :L

he beat his own record: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Twenty20_International_records#Fastest_100
(100 from 50 balls.)
The longest ever six is 160 meters and was hit by shahid afridi against symmonds.
Original post by nm786
he beat his own record: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Twenty20_International_records#Fastest_100
(100 from 50 balls.)
The longest ever six is 160 meters and was hit by shahid afridi against symmonds.

I know, but records in domestic/ List A cricket are a lot better than in International T20 :L

OMG, really (to the bold).
That can't be right? Do you mean 106 metres? Surely that's impossible :eyebrow:
Reply 186
Original post by ♥ ♥
I know, but records in domestic/ List A cricket are a lot better than in International T20 :L

OMG, really (to the bold).
That can't be right? Do you mean 106 metres? Surely that's impossible :eyebrow:

Reply 187
Original post by nm786
how's gayle doing in BPL?
he's a great player.

As was mentioned, 2 centuries in 4 matches. And no one else has even managed ONE century yet. Of course, he's currently topping the run scoring charts
Original post by nm786

Wow. Is that really 160 metres though? :eek3:
Oh Afridi :drool:
Reply 189
Original post by ♥ ♥
Wow. Is that really 160 metres though? :eek3:
Oh Afridi :drool:

i think it was approximately 160m, it is rated #1 for the longest six in international cricket.
Melbourne cricket ground is one of the biggest grounds and so it might not be exactly 160m but, it might be like 140-145m,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_Cricket_Ground
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by nm786
i think it was approximately 160m, it is rated #1 for the longest six in international cricket.
Melbourne cricket ground is one of the biggest grounds and so it might not be exactly 160m but, it might be like 140-145m,

True. The MCG's HUGE.
Either way, that hit was mindblowing :L
Who cares exactly how big it was, it WAS big :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by ♥ ♥
True. The MCG's HUGE.
Either way, that hit was mindblowing :L
Who cares exactly how big it was, it WAS big :smile:

init,
why did i get a neg rep? :frown:
Original post by nm786
init,
why did i get a neg rep? :frown:

No idea. Have some :yy: rep :biggrin:
Reply 193
Original post by ♥ ♥
No idea. Have some :yy: rep :biggrin:

Original post by nm786

No problem :biggrin:
Original post by Nator
How could I comment on that without watching the game you idiot? I'm sure you didn't watch the game judging by your post. His blade missed the ball, he runs down the pitch and makes a lax effort to get back.

No I know what he did was stupid but the way you wrote 'he was scared to play Broad'.

Original post by King-Panther
We can at least draw the series. Our performance can only get better, hopefully.

Inshallah. To be fair having read my original post I think I was harsh. Always said Younis should not play and Hammad Azam should play.

Team should be: Hafeez Azhar Shafiq Misbah Akmal WK (Sarfraz or Adnan) Azam Afridi Wahab Ajmal Gul

The reason was Afridis stupid shot. Could have won that game by 4 wickets the idiot
Nasir Jamshed is tearing up the BPL, he deserves a chance here. He was always very talented before, and Inzamam survived for 15 years with fitness issues as well.

Pakistan lost this game in quite a few areas, it feels good to know that it can all be rectified though. ODI/T20 rankings are a waste of time in all honesty. There's very little difference between numbers 2-6 in ODIs and the members of the pack will continue to move up and down.

From England's point of view, excellent game, the batsmen did well and played clever cricket, and the bowlers did the job too. From Pakistan's point of view, if we get wicket keeper and second opener, as well as one all-rounder slot sorted, we'll have a very good team. Make no mistake, England have played fantastic cricket so to lose to this team in a fairly close match is no awful result. Younis has to be dropped imo. He will be required in the long term to take our Test team into the new era and so it's necessary to keep his fitness up, as well as to create a space for Azhar and Asad.
Original post by TheProdigy2k9

Team should be: Hafeez Azhar Shafiq Misbah Akmal WK (Sarfraz or Adnan) Azam Afridi Wahab Ajmal Gul

The reason was Afridis stupid shot. Could have won that game by 4 wickets the idiot

Agree with this. Nasir Jamshed ahead of Azhar though, I want Azhar to fully establish himself in tests and then hit the ODI scene; Cook and Amla have proved this strategy to be very effective. Also, Hammad could possibly be dropped for a batsman when required, so this team has balance and flexibility. I'd want Akmal ahead of Misbah, Umer has the potential to be an all-time legend for us, we need to play him where he can set himself and then go beserk later on.
Reply 198
01 Mohammad Hafeez
02 Azhar ali
03 Nasir Jamshed
04 Umar akmal
05 Asad shafiq
06 Misbah (C)
07 Adnan Akmal (WK)
08 Shahid Afridi
09 Umar Gul
10 Abdur rehman
11 Saeed Ajmal

I think this should be the team tomorrow, farhat and younis khan should be dropped, simply because they haven't done anything amazing. Yes, farhat did make 47, but, i don't think he will be consistent. Younis khan should be given time off. I think we should try azhar ali opening we'll see how well he does there. We should try Nasir jamshed, he proved himself in first class cricket. Adnan akmal should be kept wicket keeper because umar akmal failed keeping last match.

Although, i do think the openers should be hafeez and imran nazir, these two would have been the best odi openers pakistan has had! But, due to some problems with board, imran nazir is no longer picked, they should pick him, he will be a great opener with hafeez.
(edited 12 years ago)
The CB bank series has gotten a bit more interesting now.

India 10 points
Australia 9 points
Sri Lanka 7 points

Any team could get knocked out now.

Latest