The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MusicNow
Make that three... Hopefully our applications are sitting together in a nice 'offer' pile right now as an admissions tutor leaves work to head to the pub.

Lol that would be nice, i'll buy the round if he's put a nice big tick saying 'offer' next to our names :smile:
Well... just got rejected by soton. thank GOD for peninsula, but congrats to everyone!
Original post by fdecas150
Well... just got rejected by soton. thank GOD for peninsula, but congrats to everyone!

Same!!! Got a rejection from soton today too :frown: ...But have an offer from Peninsula :biggrin:
Reply 2123
Got a offer for Bm4 yesterday!
Reply 2124
Just out of interest, does anyone know how many offers are made for the 40 BM4 places?? Just hoping theyve not been sent out all in one batch yesterday....

But anyway, congrats to those who have BM4 offers :biggrin: really hoping to join you!! x
Reply 2125
Original post by HazzieB
Just out of interest, does anyone know how many offers are made for the 40 BM4 places?? Just hoping theyve not been sent out all in one batch yesterday....

But anyway, congrats to those who have BM4 offers :biggrin: really hoping to join you!! x

For some reason I've got the number "60" in my head, but I've got no idea why or where that's come from, so I could just be imagining things.
Reply 2126
Original post by HazzieB

I've applied to BM4 and BM5 and have not heard from both. I really have only heard 2 offers for BM4 been given out. So far. It might be like last year where few trickled out then the mass culling and offer in March.
Reply 2127
Original post by ccr24
Got a offer for Bm4 yesterday!

Many congratulations! :smile:
Original post by JuicylucE
Same!!! Got a rejection from soton today too :frown: ...But have an offer from Peninsula :biggrin:

lol nice! when was your interview for peninsula? and which did you initially want to go to..?
Just out of curiosity, what's the main diff between a BM award and an MBBS award?
Reply 2130
Original post by HazzieB

I think they give around 60 offers out for BM4 and one person had an offer a few days ago I think so they don't seem like they will be all in one batch :smile:
Original post by french92
Just out of curiosity, what's the main diff between a BM award and an MBBS award?

Nothing that I can think of - they're just variations AFAIK, e.g. MB BCh, MB ChB, MB BS, BM BChir etc. :tongue:

(Basically, it's not as if we don't get a Batchelor of Surgery degree :tongue:)
Hi
I received an offer for BM5 yesterday, had my interview on 25th January. Good luck to those that are still waiting :smile:
Reply 2133
Original post by nareen9
Thanks for that. Had my interview two days ago, and got an email from UCAS saying I had an offer! :biggrin:
Good luck, hope you get an offer! :smile:

Wow, CONGRATULATIONS, that was very quick. :smile: You must be so pleased, just hope it will be good news for more international students. Was this for the BM5, conditional or unconditional, was this ur first choice and how did you find the interview generally?
Original post by snoz64
[email protected]
This was the address last year :smile:

thank you!
Original post by b-beauty
Congratulations! Which program did you apply for and are you doing your a-levels or a graduate? Thanks

thank you! Just the standard BM5 course. Doing a levels this year :smile: hope i make the grades!
Reply 2136
Original post by HLS
Many congratulations! :smile:

Thank you.x
Reply 2137
For any offer holders, did you send your proof of meeting requirements prior to receiving word from SOTON directly? On UCAS it mentions to send the proof directly to the university and to "see a letter sent by the institution."

Just wondering if I should send off my proof already or wait till i hear word from SOTON.
Got my interview on Wednesday and was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on what to expect, as I really have no clue! They were supposed to send me an email regarding the interview, and even though called 3 times to chase it up, haven't received anything still! So getting pretty worried! Any advice would be great! Thanks!
became a keen bean and made this facebook group for offer holders for 2012, atm there is 3 of us, so do join! anyone firmed yet?

Of the firm belief that everything happens for a reason guys- if you don't get an offer this year it wasn't meant to be, but if you're determined, gap year and reapply- chins up! I missed my offer last year (for liverpool) and obviously there was a period of upset, buuuuut, looking back I'm so glad it happened!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending