The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Pathetic batting from Pakistan. Just when you thought from the last game it couldn't get any worse.
Don't know what is wrong with Hafeez. When Akmal smacked that 6, I told my Dad and sister he's gone now. And what happened next ball? He definitely needs a mentor, maybe Whatmore could help.

Can't really blame Misbah tbf, he tried but you know but of course he will get the blame.
One positive though, Azam. He looks like an amazing talent and must come up the order.
Shafiq should NOT play T20s. Something must change, the batting is a disgrace.
Original post by nm786
erm, you quoted 20 minutes later, at the time it was around 40/3, which is pretty much killing england.

Which, more than anything, highlights how premature and naive your comment was. Especially considering Pakistans batting response.
Original post by Aky786UK
I've been slightly disappointed with Finn's exuberance on the field, sure he's trying to be strong and impressive but with the way he waved off Zia in the first T20 chucked in with a few strong verbals and the knocking of Ajmal down - not helped by Bumble making a joke of it rather than condemning that - is unnecessary. Nothing wrong with aggression but when it takes away from your bowling then that's something to be worried about.

Missed England's innings but Zia needs to get a grip. Guy won't last long with trying to hit every ball for a six, on the legside. If he gets abit of variety then he could be something decent. Hammad surprised me with his shots, guys like him - who have potential - maybe just need to be eased into the international game rather than chucked in asap.

Finn is a wasteman. He really pisses me off. If he was Pakistani, I'd be saying the same thing. Ever since Zia smoked him and made him look like an idiot, he thinks hes something big. When Broad does it, he keeps it to a level and it's hostile bowling. WHen Finn does it he looks like an idiot. he should have been fined last game
Original post by Overmars
It was just another example of this pathetic obsession to bring everything back to "yeah but x is better overall". Ignore him. Absolutely nothing wrong in enjoying a game and talking about what is happening rather than fixating on statistics and records.

Yeah you're right Zia is amazing.
Reply 364
Original post by Raiden10
Yeah you're right Zia is amazing.

mate, i think you quoted the wrong person :biggrin:
Original post by ♥ ♥
Lol yeah, same.
I'm already excited about the upcoming India vs Pak game in the Asia Cup. First time India are playing Pak since the WC semi.

India, since 2007, have been **** in the T20 WC. Haven't qualified after the group stages in all 3 tournaments :facepalm2:

Yeah, India have been crap but hopefully as its in the subcontinent we can play better and do a lot better :smile:
That's India out of the CB series.

They are literally the most disappointing cricket team in the world.
Reply 367
Original post by Sunshine showers

tbh they are playing sh*t after winning the world cup,

But, haha, lol it happens, you can't expect your favourite team to win all matches,
Original post by Straight up G
Lol, you don't watch Pakistan much. If a Pakistan team in an ODI can survive ten overs without a wicket, its a minor miracle, absolutely zero chance in a T20.

Pakistani batsmen don't need pressure built up to play rash shots. After Umar hit that six, I told my dad that he's out next ball. Not joking you know.

True, although India and Pakistan's batting line up is looking very similar these days. Both collapse quickly. At least your line up isn't as 'renowed' as India's.

Oh wow. Cricket has been pretty crap for India, which I'm kind of happy about, that way the matches don't last too long so I can spend my time doing other things :laugh:

India's game today was a proper :facepalm:
Only positive was that India didn't go for 100 runs in their last ten overs.
Original post by shyamshah
Yeah, India have been crap but hopefully as its in the subcontinent we can play better and do a lot better :smile:

Hope so. If India don't play well in 'home-ish' conditions, then there is a huuuge problem.

Although, in T20I in generally, India suck.

Original post by Sunshine showers

This. Watching them makes me want to weep.
Need to have a new team playing. Get rid of Sachin and Sehwag, replace them with new younger openers. Or have Gauti as an opener with a new guy, Rahane perhaps. Rohit, regardless of his stupid shot selection should be playing over Sehwag.

Sachin needs to retire from the shorter form before he embarrasses himself any further.
Reply 370
aree India definately out of the CB series?
swear they could got through if they beat SL and then aus beat them too?
Original post by ♥ ♥
True, although India and Pakistan's batting line up is looking very similar these days. Both collapse quickly. At least your line up isn't as 'renowed' as India's.

Oh wow. Cricket has been pretty crap for India, which I'm kind of happy about, that way the matches don't last too long so I can spend my time doing other things :laugh:

India's game today was a proper :facepalm:
Only positive was that India didn't go for 100 runs in their last ten overs.

Well ours collapses on flat pitches, so we win this battle of mediocrity.

Yeah haha. I've been so numbed by the events of the past few years that I don't even really care when we lose a match. Partially because it's to be expected, as England are genuinely an excellent side.

Original post by ♥ ♥
This. Watching them makes me want to weep.
Need to have a new team playing. Get rid of Sachin and Sehwag, replace them with new younger openers. Or have Gauti as an opener with a new guy, Rahane perhaps. Rohit, regardless of his stupid shot selection should be playing over Sehwag.

The thing is, if you got new openers in, your whole batting line up would be 'new'. Kohli, Sharma and Raina would become the 'mainstays' of your new lineup, and that would probably make for the weakest batting line up in international cricket.

Original post by (L)*
aree India definately out of the CB series?
swear they could got through if they beat SL and then aus beat them too?

It's on Cricinfo, something to do with India bonus-pointing SL and then SL losing to Aus...
Reply 372

It's on Cricinfo, something to do with India bonus-pointing SL and then SL losing to Aus...

oh. unlikely then. esp. cos srilanka have looked the best side out of the three. india can't win, let alone win with a bonus point :frown:

srilanka to win then :h:

haven't even watched any of the games. just keep waking up seeing india flounderingg and getting angry :mad:
Reply 373
I still can't quite understand the need for Finn to push Saeed Ajmal. Was it his way to take out collective English rage against the guy who has tormented them throughout Test series ?
Well ours collapses on flat pitches, so we win this battle of mediocrity.

Yeah haha. I've been so numbed by the events of the past few years that I don't even really care when we lose a match. Partially because it's to be expected, as England are genuinely an excellent side.

The thing is, if you got new openers in, your whole batting line up would be 'new'. Kohli, Sharma and Raina would become the 'mainstays' of your new lineup, and that would probably make for the weakest batting line up in international cricket.

Okay, you win.

Really? Well, there have been highs and lows for India, but the main problem is, is that there is so much cricket I don't have time to watch!

It's better than having experienced players who aren't 'in form'. At least that will give the line up a chance to get settled. Eventually Sachin and Viru will go.
It's not like our line up is any stronger currrently.
Original post by (L)*
oh. unlikely then. esp. cos srilanka have looked the best side out of the three. india can't win, let alone win with a bonus point :frown:

srilanka to win then :h:

haven't even watched any of the games. just keep waking up seeing india flounderingg and getting angry :mad:

Well, Australia have looked pretty good too tbf.

Haha fair enough. May the best team win...

Original post by ♥ ♥
Okay, you win.

Really? Well, there have been highs and lows for India, but the main problem is, is that there is so much cricket I don't have time to watch!

It's better than having experienced players who aren't 'in form'. At least that will give the line up a chance to get settled. Eventually Sachin and Viru will go.
It's not like our line up is any stronger currrently.

:smug:

Yeah, normally I'm sad that I miss it because of college etc but I guess it's just part of growing up that I'm not as fanatical as I used to be. In the 2005 England series, I got up at 5:00 every single day to watch the tests, but I can't see myself doing that now.

Debatable. You can easily ruin careers by chucking people in at the deep end.
Well, Australia have looked pretty good too tbf.

Haha fair enough. May the best team win...

:smug:

Yeah, normally I'm sad that I miss it because of college etc but I guess it's just part of growing up that I'm not as fanatical as I used to be. In the 2005 England series, I got up at 5:00 every single day to watch the tests, but I can't see myself doing that now.

Debatable. You can easily ruin careers by chucking people in at the deep end.

To your quote to Preeti, I'd say SL have only look better as they've won chasing and batting first. They have had one draw, and three straight wins. They've chased down 280 :woo:, they've also restricted teams (Aus to 150 something) their fielding has been awesome (from Jayawardene to their youngers like Perera). Their bowling attack is stronger than India's for sure, Malinga and Kulu being their most experienced. They have a good captain, and keeper.

Yeah so, SL should win, for me too. Considering India have no hopes :cry:

I'm still fanatical. But India aren't winning, and I can see why. So I get angry and switch it off. Been waking up around 5am, knowing Dhoni would lose the toss and India's innings would start around 7/half 7.

Doubt it. There is Gauti and Dhoni with experience now. Kohli, Raina and Rohit have been around enough not to be newbies anymore. Time to move on. With responsibility they may mature a bit.
Original post by ♥ ♥
To your quote to Preeti, I'd say SL have only look better as they've won chasing and batting first. They have had one draw, and three straight wins. They've chased down 280 :woo:, they've also restricted teams (Aus to 150 something) their fielding has been awesome (from Jayawardene to their youngers like Perera). Their bowling attack is stronger than India's for sure, Malinga and Kulu being their most experienced. They have a good captain, and keeper.

Yeah so, SL should win, for me too. Considering India have no hopes :cry:

I'm still fanatical. But India aren't winning, and I can see why. So I get angry and switch it off. Been waking up around 5am, knowing Dhoni would lose the toss and India's innings would start around 7/half 7.

Doubt it. There is Gauti and Dhoni with experience now. Kohli, Raina and Rohit have been around enough not to be newbies anymore. Time to move on. With responsibility they may mature a bit.

Australia have a stronger batting line up, home advantage, and a good team all-round. There's few superstars but there's a lot of good-very good players in there and there's no passengers.

Haha, shame. I got up quite a few times in the 2010 Australia away series, but I had mock exams running throughout so not that many times. Not for the ODIs though, I don't remember any of the ODIs at all.

Gambhir, Kohli, Raina, Rohit have all played around 100 matches each I'd bet. Dhoni I'd guess 200, he's been around for 6 years now. Nostalgia:

Spoiler

While that's a fair amount of experience, I don't see enough temperament or maturity in that line up. If you were to put Rahane in for example, along with Pujara or something, then I can't see which of those players is going to stand at the other end and give the advice that someone needs as a young player. Barring Dhoni, they all still need that presence at the other end to make it easier for them, it'd be too much to ask to tell them to mentor a new batch. I think Yuvraj is capable of playing that role though...

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Australia have a stronger batting line up, home advantage, and a good team all-round. There's few superstars but there's a lot of good-very good players in there and there's no passengers.

Haha, shame. I got up quite a few times in the 2010 Australia away series, but I had mock exams running throughout so not that many times. Not for the ODIs though, I don't remember any of the ODIs at all.

Gambhir, Kohli, Raina, Rohit have all played around 100 matches each I'd bet. Dhoni I'd guess 200, he's been around for 6 years now. Nostalgia:

Spoiler

While that's a fair amount of experience, I don't see enough temperament or maturity in that line up. If you were to put Rahane in for example, along with Pujara or something, then I can't see which of those players is going to stand at the other end and give the advice that someone needs as a young player. Barring Dhoni, they all still need that presence at the other end to make it easier for them, it'd be too much to ask to tell them to mentor a new batch. I think Yuvraj is capable of playing that role though...

Spoiler

True, Aus certainly have the advantage, but they've looked a mess while playing SL. They beat SL in their first game, by only 5 runs (Mathews could have won it for SL), then SL have won pretty solidly in their other two games, bowling them out for 152 and then chasing 280.

SL have more experience, with Sanga, Dilli, Jaya, Malinga alongside their youngers, who are still about 50 matches old (like Mathews and Perera I think).

Aus, have experience too with Binga, then The Husseys, and players like Watson. Then you have Warner, Wade, Forrest, McKay, Doherty who are all reasonably new inclusions. Fair dos they're at home, but still...

Well Raina and Gauti yeah 100+. Rohit and Kohli in the 70/80s.
I wasn't into cricket much when Dhoni/Gauti/Raina debuted. I just liked watching it, don't remember much :L

I know, but I don't see Sachin helping any of the youngers either. They just need good coaching. And more disapline.
Original post by ♥ ♥
True, Aus certainly have the advantage, but they've looked a mess while playing SL. They beat SL in their first game, by only 5 runs (Mathews could have won it for SL), then SL have won pretty solidly in their other two games, bowling them out for 152 and then chasing 280.

SL have more experience, with Sanga, Dilli, Jaya, Malinga alongside their youngers, who are still about 50 matches old (like Mathews and Perera I think).

Aus, have experience too with Binga, then The Husseys, and players like Watson. Then you have Warner, Wade, Forrest, McKay, Doherty who are all reasonably new inclusions. Fair dos they're at home, but still...

Well Raina and Gauti yeah 100+. Rohit and Kohli in the 70/80s.
I wasn't into cricket much when Dhoni/Gauti/Raina debuted. I just liked watching it, don't remember much :L

I know, but I don't see Sachin helping any of the youngers either. They just need good coaching. And more disapline.

We'll see I guess. The new inclusions look at home though, they don't look nervy at all, and a bit like Ed Cowan, they seem robust, solid players who perhaps lack a tiny bit of quality but make up for it in temperament and maturity.

Haha, I remember those days very well. The days where Pakistan could chase more than 315, let alone failing to get near 230 today.

I'm sure Sachin aids them a lot in the nets, and though you don't see it, the end of over chats are very important. Of course one reason why he hasn't helped them as much is because he isn't out in the middle, but his presence alone in the squad is beneficial.

Latest