The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kalliope
So scared!!!

We don't get results until 3.30pm on the 8th (just before end of school). Apparently it's so we aren't distracted in lessons for the rest of the day discussing them but I think I'll be faaar more distracted worrying! :eek:

When is everyone else getting theirs?

Ah man your school is horrible!

I think we get ours at 8:30, when school starts basically
So scared!!!

We don't get results until 3.30pm on the 8th (just before end of school). Apparently it's so we aren't distracted in lessons for the rest of the day discussing them but I think I'll be faaar more distracted worrying! :eek:

Can I ask did you have your username as bookwormshanti before? If so HIIIII! Haha.

I get my results at lunch time. So I'm dreading seeing my my teachers in lessons before .. \:
Reply 1162
Original post by EffKayy
:biggrin:

Who's starting on effkay????? i got ur back! :colone:
Original post by tooambitious
ok well sorry for that, but im having to add an extra day to my estimation, as i knew results day was on the 8th, but did not realise it was a leap year, i didnt think, oh results day is always on the second thursday of the month, i thought oh results day is on the 8th of March, oh thats a Thursday.

weren't *, im so tired of having to explain that to everyone

nobody asked you to, you dont have to be an ass

Are you sure? Wasn't sounds more correct to me. And you'd say "this year is a leap year" not "this year are a leap year". Why wouldn't the same apply?
Original post by EffKayy
Can I ask did you have your username as bookwormshanti before? If so HIIIII! Haha.

I get my results at lunch time. So I'm dreading seeing my my teachers in lessons before .. \:

Yep that's me :biggrin: Hiiiii how are you?

Oh my god it's only just occurred to me that they'll know before. Ahhhhhh!!!! I have History and Biology that day as well.

Original post by hannah1994
That's so stupid.. just demand them!
We get ours in registration!

Original post by whatever_x
Ah man your school is horrible!

I think we get ours at 8:30, when school starts basically

So much envy for you right now xD
Original post by Birterillo
Are you sure? Wasn't sounds more correct to me. And you'd say "this year is a leap year" not "this year are a leap year". Why wouldn't the same apply?

subjunctive
I feel a little less nervous now because I have decided that I am going to retake whether the actual grade is below or only just above my wanted one.

I'm not sure the exact time we get them but I would hope that it is ASAP either way I do not think I would concentrate well for the whole day though.
Reply 1167

It's the subjunctive (if clause).

If I were
If you were
If she were etc.
Original post by Gales
It's the subjunctive (if clause).

If I were
If you were
If she were etc.

Ah, yes, that does make sense now. :colondollar: Thanks.
Reply 1169
Ah, yes, that does make sense now. :colondollar: Thanks.

This may make more sense! :smile:
Original post by ikz94
Who's starting on effkay????? i got ur back! :colone:

if anyone starts on effkayy, manz are gonna get sparked loooool
Reply 1171
Original post by laurie:)
ooohh blood tests, my favourite :tongue: the NHS has probably taken several pints of my blood for tests over the past couple of years :biggrin:

if you dont mind needles/are okay with a slight stinging then you should be fine :smile:

ahh I am so scared! I'm ok with needles just fear of the unknown really :frown:!
Reply 1172
I'm gonna start randomly arguing just so it will stop me from worrying about results
So scared!!!

They usually ask us all to come in at 10 to get them. I normally don't roll up to college until 1pm on a Thursday, gutted :mad: last year I got told off but they still gave me the results... might do the same.
Original post by Jessca
ahh I am so scared! I'm ok with needles just fear of the unknown really :frown:!

im terrified of needles normally :tongue: its literally not all that bad - it hurts for like half a second when they put the needle in, and half a second when they take it out. how long it lasts for depends on the blood flow and how many samples they need - the longest ive had was a couple of minutes when they needed like a million tubes, and the shortest was a couple of seconds for just one. :smile: if its only for anaemia it should be over and done with in 2 minutes or so!

So much envy for you right now xD

:giggle:
If I were you, I would probably sleep in and then come in late :tongue:
Reply 1176
Original post by James A
if anyone starts on effkayy, manz are gonna get sparked loooool

haha! bledrin james u know my idiolect like :u:
I'm from Scotland, and we sit exams in June and get results in August, do you guys really get your results in March? What do you guys do from March till August when school starts back? Does that mean school is finished for the year after March?
Original post by David Young
I'm from Scotland, and we sit exams in June and get results in August, do you guys really get your results in March? What do you guys do from March till August when school starts back? Does that mean school is finished for the year after March?

most subjects here have an exam in january and an exam in june, we're waiting for the results from the Jan exams
Original post by David Young

yeah it's because you only sit the exams in june. with us, we sit the exams in jan (get our results in march) and then sit more exams in june (get results in august)

Quick Reply

Latest