The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2012 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Original post by Erotas
Congrats!! :smile: what time did your email come through?

Thank you! :smile: It came through at 13:45 today, although I got it about half an hour ago! So happy!!

Good luck to everyone else who haven't heard, guess I'm quite lucky hearing this early!
Original post by islanders
You're right, I certainly don't mean to come across as ungrateful - I apologise if I did. I feel over the moon I have the chance to study medicine, anywhere... but Newcastle always held a special place in my heart!

and a huge congrats to all those getting their offers!

Yeah I can relate to that I guess. I feel the same way. I guess as a re-applicant I know there will be many many people out there left with no offers, and they are the ones who will be nervous...

So have you heard from newc?
Reply 1522
Original post by spoinkytheduck
If there isnt one already I'll have a go at making one (although I've never made one before :tongue: )

EDIT: Hhhmmm.. seems I cant make a group unless I have friends to add to it.. anyone know how to get around this?? :s-smilie:

I'll give it a go, alternately, i'll PM you my fb and you can make the group and add me, then it'll exist and we can post it on here for others to join :smile:
Offer :biggrin: AAA
Original post by Steerforth
Yeah I can relate to that I guess. I feel the same way. I guess as a re-applicant I know there will be many many people out there left with no offers, and they are the ones who will be nervous...

So have you heard from newc?

Not yet! How about you? How is this application cycle going for you?
Reply 1525
Already picking my accommodation I'm so excited.
Reply 1526
Original post by loz876

Woop :smile: I applied a while ago for accommodation because my 5th choice was also Newcastle, swear I had to apply for around 8 different places by the time I'd actually finished, have fun doing it :tongue:
Reply 1527
Original post by loz876

Haha! Mega jealous :tongue:
Have you got an insurance?
Original post by loz876
just some of the questions threw me, didn't think I'd prepared enough, some of my answers clearly weren't what they were hoping for, I got a bit flustered at the end, honestly after seeing people get offers and saying "I don't think my interview went well" i secretly thought ":shifty: yeahhh whatever I bet you did amazing"
so don't lose hope!! :biggrin:

Congrats to you man, only about an hour before you said you got your offer, you said you were killing for an offer on here :biggrin:

Are you being honest about how your interview went? And how do you mean some flustered you exactly? Like how did you respond? And did you ask a question at the end? Did you speak much about actually being a doctor? (You dont have to say any questions they asked you)
Facebook group!! :biggrin:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/381347678544606/

Join, join, join :smile:
Reply 1530
Original post by M | k e
Woop :smile: I applied a while ago for accommodation because my 5th choice was also Newcastle, swear I had to apply for around 8 different places by the time I'd actually finished, have fun doing it :tongue:

hahaa great. I wonder if you actually get to pick the accommodation or if you just fill in a questionnaire and they assign you somewhere...?

Original post by Erotas
Haha! Mega jealous :tongue:
Have you got an insurance?

yes and no, I applied to Aberdeen for maths as my backup and have an offer, but I'm gonna decline it, because I don't actually want it :lol: I just didn't want to leave the fifth choice blank on UCAS! Though if I don't get the grades at the end I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I know at Leeds if you hold an offer and you slip one grade you are allowed to do a third year to resit that subject and reapply, but I don't think you can do that at Newcastle as far as I'm aware.
Do you :smile:?
Reply 1531
Original post by M | k e

How do you apply for accommodation?? :smile:
6 rejections later...A MEDICINE OFFER!!! And at newcastle which is amazing :biggrin: you have no idea how much this means to me!
Original post by New_to_this
Got my offer today too whilst i was at work. So happy. Just wondering if any other re-applicants have offers too and if theirs was conditional or unconditional. Mine was conditional and i was just wondering on whether it's just me. I presume it's because they haven't seen my certificates yet but just checking.

same, reapplicant but mine says conditional too :smile:
Reply 1534
Original post by NinjaRikki
Congrats to you man, only about an hour before you said you got your offer, you said you were killing for an offer on here :biggrin:

Are you being honest about how your interview went? And how do you mean some flustered you exactly? Like how did you respond? And did you ask a question at the end? Did you speak much about actually being a doctor? (You dont have to say any questions they asked you)

haha yep that was me!!
yeah I am seriously! well I don't know if at this point we're allowed to disclose any questions so I won't (I think there's still an interview date left) but they asked me a question right at the end and I was like, WHAT and I panicked a bit and then tried to answer with nervous laughter and they were like "ok thank you". No I didn't have anything to ask at the end. I actually said barely anything about being a doctor, they didn't even ask me why I wanted to be a doctor! They obviously asked doctor-related questions but I never said anything like "well this is why I want to be a doctor etc..." even though I thought I would have to!
Do you remember who your interviewers were? I had two guys, one had grey hair, one was bald and I remember the bald one was an upper-GI surgeon or something like that...
Reply 1535
Original post by loz876
hahaa great. I wonder if you actually get to pick the accommodation or if you just fill in a questionnaire and they assign you somewhere...?

You have to choose like self catered, en suite, wash basin, etc all the options. That'll automatically rule out all the ones that don't fit, then ya pick 4 places in order of your favourites, but then it also makes you choose a different set of options and another 4 places I think if I remember :tongue:

Sure hope it actually lets me have one of my first four :redface: As there was only like 9/10 self catered ones and I ended up having to choose 8 even though I didn't like a few of them hehe :smile:

As for people talking about how their interviews went, Newcastle was by far my worst interview because it was my first one and my most nervous, the first half on all the generic questions that should have been easier I was pretty shaky and answered poorly. But the second half of mine was pretty technical and tough, and I kinda got into my stride thankfully because of the long interview set up and answered the harder questions pretty well I think. Overall it was my worst and I was surprised to get an offer :redface:
Original post by loz876
haha yep that was me!!
yeah I am seriously! well I don't know if at this point we're allowed to disclose any questions so I won't (I think there's still an interview date left) but they asked me a question right at the end and I was like, WHAT and I panicked a bit and then tried to answer with nervous laughter and they were like "ok thank you". No I didn't have anything to ask at the end. I actually said barely anything about being a doctor, they didn't even ask me why I wanted to be a doctor! They obviously asked doctor-related questions but I never said anything like "well this is why I want to be a doctor etc..." even though I thought I would have to!
Do you remember who your interviewers were? I had two guys, one had grey hair, one was bald and I remember the bald one was an upper-GI surgeon or something like that...

Oh okay, forget about any questions they asked you :P But what did you say about being a doctor anything? I had a women and a man. I think the women was an admissions tutor and the gut was the one who did the open day :smile:
Reply 1537
Original post by username-x
6 rejections later...A MEDICINE OFFER!!! And at newcastle which is amazing :biggrin: you have no idea how much this means to me!

what time did you get the email? :smile:
Reply 1538
Original post by InkyOne
How do you apply for accommodation?? :smile:

Can't claim to know for sure for Medicine as at the time my offer was for Biomed, I got an email from Newcastle saying we're happy to offer you place, all offer holders can now apply for accommodation. Then they gave me all the links and relevant information.

This email came a fair while after my offer so I assume it was the day they opened the accommodation applications and you'll probably get the email much sooner I guess as it's already open :smile: At least that's how I guess it'll work :redface:
Reply 1539
does anyone know if there is any accomodation that is catered and en suite?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending