The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Official firmer's thread - 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Any L101 Economists here?
Does anyone know when the actual start date is because UCAS says 1st Sept but LSE Website says 4th October?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 81
Original post by J.Darren
Hi :smile: Are there any future LSE lawyers on the thread?

MEEE :biggrin:
So happy to be able to post here :smile:
Original post by charlie14
I recieved an offer from LSE just under a week ago now and I can honestly say I never expected it at all. I mainly have A*s and As at GCSE with 1 B and 1 C...in Maths!

At AS I recieved two A's (one in Art and one in English literature with full marks) one B in Philosophy and one C in History...although I have retaken it.

I've got offers from Reading, Southampton and Lse. Rejection from Kings and am waiting to hear from UCL, although with an LNAT score of 14 it's not looking probable.

Is anyone else in a similar situation?

similar situation, waiting on UCL, probably rejection (not for law though), and I have similar grades, AABB at AS, 9A's at GCSE
Law, anybody? we should have a thread so we can get to know each other before heading to LSE.
Reply 85
Original post by a.t.123
Any L101 Economists here?
Does anyone know when the actual start date is because UCAS says 1st Sept but LSE Website says 4th October?

Yeh L101 Economist here. There's a link on the LSE website to the online verison of the offer pack I think (I haven't recieved mine by post yet), and it says that the 30th Sept is when you move into accomadation, the first week of October is fresher's week (I think) and 4th Oct is registration.
Reply 86
Original post by cameronuk
When did you get your offer for Government? I'm still waiting.

2nd Week of December. See you there hopefully!
Reply 87
got my offer for L101 last week (i will definitely be firming it) and i just discovered this thread. :biggrin: I am an international student and the offer package hasn't yet come through...

Do you know when we can apply for accommodation?
Offer for BSc Maths and Econ
I am firming :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 89
Original post by Jsalgado
got my offer for L101 last week (i will definitely be firming it) and i just discovered this thread. :biggrin: I am an international student and the offer package hasn't yet come through...

I got the offer pack today and said by the 31st May. After that date there will be a waiting list.
Reply 90
Who's going to the offer holder day on the 3rd of April? I have signed up but received no email confirming my reservation (don't know if we are even supposed to receive one)
Reply 91
Who's going to the offer holder day on the 3rd of April? I have signed up but received no email confirming my reservation (don't know if we are even supposed to receive one)

if i remember correctly i think somewhere it says we recieve one 4 weeks before or something like that :smile: and i am taking it as if you have booked it then you have a place as they are still open for booking on the website.
Hello everybody!

I'm new and have just found this thread, anyone else a firmer for L250 International Relations? Would be great to get to know some people before we all go!
Reply 93
Original post by boysdontcryy
Law, anybody? we should have a thread so we can get to know each other before heading to LSE.

Yes do it, I would but me and technology don't really get on and I don't know how!! :P but it would be great to get to know some other Law people :biggrin:
Reply 94
Firming for Law :biggrin:

LSE have just updated their website and it says you can apply from the 1st March :smile:

Woahh, totally just realised that is tomorrow haha! What's everyone's accommodation preferences?

ps. hi everyone! I'm firming for Social Anthropology :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by charliee-xo
LSE have just updated their website and it says you can apply from the 1st March :smile:

Woahh, totally just realised that is tomorrow haha! What's everyone's accommodation preferences?

ps. hi everyone! I'm firming for Social Anthropology :biggrin:

i quite like the inter collegiate hall, i really like that area. The lse halls all seem small (i don't like bankside's location) and in some halls you have to share rooms (i don't know if i would be a good roommate)

you?
i quite like the inter collegiate hall, i really like that area. The lse halls all seem small (i don't like bankside's location) and in some halls you have to share rooms (i don't know if i would be a good roommate)

you?

As far as I'm aware, we have to apply to three intercollegiate halls and three LSE halls and it's luck of the draw which one you get allocated! With regards to intercollegiate, I have heard good things about Connaught hall, but not too sure about the rest. And, as for LSE halls, I like the look of Passfield/Carr-Saunders/Roseberry as I've heard that they are the best in terms of the social aspect :smile:
About to firm LSE for Law (M100)! Really hope I get the grades!
Reply 99
Hey the Hallpad page doesn't allow application of accomodation! anyone experiencing that same problem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending