The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by edare1
hey guys, i was wondering what uni has everyone one decided to go too ? if lcf are uu living on campus - because they are loads but i dont know which one to pick as my first option for accomidation ? like what is the place lcf student stay in ?

which campus u at? x
received a conditional offer from lcf for fashion styling and photography... over the moon:smile: i'm just wondering if anyone knows the best place for accommodation for lcf students? the new costume store looks perfect for students at lime grove (where i'll be) buuuut as i don't know london very well i have no idea if it's a good location in terms of everything else
Reply 362
Last year I lived in Don Gratton Halls in East London and studied at LCF Lime Grove campus in West London. Travelling 40 minutes most days back and forth was a little bit annoying but to be honest no matter where you are your always gonna have to travel.
Don Gratton for living I thought was grand. Basic student halls nothing amazing about it but its clean and relatively modern and when you move in and put your own touches to the place you can really make it your own!
The surrounding area of Don Gratton i loved!! Theres a tesco about five minutes away and a big sainsburys and a gym ten minutes away too.
Brick lane is literally two minutes away, shoreditch, old street and columbia road too. For food, markets, bars, night life, shopping and creative arty things it really is such a great place to live!!
hello, has anyone heard back from fashion design : womenswear? rejections, interviews? i sent them a digital portfolio about 4 weeks ago and havent heard a thing back yet?
Reply 364
Original post by william_morris
hello, has anyone heard back from fashion design : womenswear? rejections, interviews? i sent them a digital portfolio about 4 weeks ago and havent heard a thing back yet?

Hey, I'm applied for the same course as you and sent the portfolio like ages ago, in January/February time and still haven't heard back so I wouldn't worry! We're in the same boat, good or bad I have no idea! Fingers crossed though :P
I heard back from CSM last week, sadly I got unsuccessful but apparently its not meant to be that great for a BA, the MA is meant to be better there, so I can always apply for that later :smile:
Hopefully LCF is coming closer to replying, a hate the wait! Anyway let me know when you hear back! :smile:
Original post by kateslatz
Last year I lived in Don Gratton Halls in East London and studied at LCF Lime Grove campus in West London. Travelling 40 minutes most days back and forth was a little bit annoying but to be honest no matter where you are your always gonna have to travel.
Don Gratton for living I thought was grand. Basic student halls nothing amazing about it but its clean and relatively modern and when you move in and put your own touches to the place you can really make it your own!
The surrounding area of Don Gratton i loved!! Theres a tesco about five minutes away and a big sainsburys and a gym ten minutes away too.
Brick lane is literally two minutes away, shoreditch, old street and columbia road too. For food, markets, bars, night life, shopping and creative arty things it really is such a great place to live!!

Thanks so much! Going to look into Don Gratton now, it would be so amazing to live by Brick Lane:smile: just out of interest, how much did you pay for travelling back and forth to Lime Grove? I'm trying to work out everything financially haha
Reply 366
finally bit the bullet and accepted my conditional offer at LCF for Fashion Photography
Reply 367
Original post by razero
finally bit the bullet and accepted my conditional offer at LCF for Fashion Photography

Congratulations in getting into LCF!! At least your sorted now and don't have to worry!:smile: I'm still waiting to hear back from LCF...they're taking ages! :frown:
Reply 368
Original post by KKang
Congratulations in getting into LCF!! At least your sorted now and don't have to worry!:smile: I'm still waiting to hear back from LCF...they're taking ages! :frown:

Thanks, for photography also? good luck!
Original post by razero

Congratulations! When was your interview day ?
Reply 370
Original post by razero
Thanks, for photography also? good luck!

Thanks!! :smile: No, I've applied to do Fashion Design, but my friend's applied for photography and I think she's got an interview offer so will probably join you :smile: haha :P
Reply 371
Original post by abbybeatricequick
Thanks so much! Going to look into Don Gratton now, it would be so amazing to live by Brick Lane:smile: just out of interest, how much did you pay for travelling back and forth to Lime Grove? I'm trying to work out everything financially haha

Such a great area I definitely reccommend it for living especially for first year! I paid a about 75 pounds for a monthly travelcard for tube and bus prices might have gone up since them so take a look at the tfl website for the cost! :smile:
Original post by kateslatz
Such a great area I definitely reccommend it for living especially for first year! I paid a about 75 pounds for a monthly travelcard for tube and bus prices might have gone up since them so take a look at the tfl website for the cost! :smile:

will do:smile: thanks again!
Reply 373
Just got my offer for makeup and prosthetics for performance :biggrin: Had my interview on Tuesday. Anyone else got an offer for the same course yet? x
I have received a conditional offer for international prep for fashion (they said I had to take this as a prerequisite for Fashion journalism because i am from the US) is anyone else taking this? also, do the dorms really fill up that fast?
Reply 375
Original post by claudiuberechet
Congratulations! When was your interview day ?

Thank you, My interview day was on the 15th of Feb
Reply 376
Hi, just wondering have the people who have offers also received letters from LCF itself? As I found out my offer on ucas but havent had any direct contact from LCF. Also i want to register for accomodation and you need your student ID number which they say you get from the uni in the acceptance letter but I havent received anything, so is everyone else in the same boat? Thanks x
Reply 377
Original post by IBryson
Hi, just wondering have the people who have offers also received letters from LCF itself? As I found out my offer on ucas but havent had any direct contact from LCF. Also i want to register for accomodation and you need your student ID number which they say you get from the uni in the acceptance letter but I havent received anything, so is everyone else in the same boat? Thanks x

you don't get a student id unless u actually accept the offer

also u can't apply for accomodation till the 2nd of april..so u got some time :smile:
Original post by msmith182
you don't get a student id unless u actually accept the offer

also u can't apply for accomodation till the 2nd of april..so u got some time :smile:

aaahhh i have two more interviews and they're so soon that i'm not sure if i can cancel them so i'll have to wait to accept my lcf offer. last interview is on the 27th...is that too late to accept the lcf offer? i'm really worried now.... so lcf won't send anything in the post until you accept?
anyone know what the best halls are for high holborn students?

Quick Reply

Latest