The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ResearchCalTch
Before anyone says the Qur'an is against it:

Remember that Muslims believe that every letter in the Qur'an is incorruptible and wholly truthful. Don't listen to their feeble excuses about contexts and interpretations.

THERE IS NO CONTEXT IN WHICH IT IS OKAY TO BEAT YOUR WIFE.

Cant believe you got negged for that. The pro-wife beaters are out in force just to defend their beloved religion :eek::biggrin:
Original post by silent ninja
Hit? That was a push, another case of poor translation-- common with foreign language sources. It was not violent by any means. Here is a post I stole:

"He pushed me (lahadani) in the chest (fi sadri) with a push (lahdatan)which made me sore (awja'atni).

"

just a 'push' as you are trying to make it out would not make his wife feel "sore". mohammed would have had to have struck her with force and leave a bruise for it to feel sore.
Your attempts to deny this by fabricating translations is not only ridiculous it is quite slimey.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Ayesha1234
I may be mistaken but if you do a quick research on the author of the book, he was born in 1863 lol. Obviously the book is based on culture..it's outdated and backwards and is nothing alike to the ideals of Islam - Islam does not condone domestic violence.

well said :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Chloe xxx
Cant believe you got negged for that. The pro-wife beaters are out in force just to defend their beloved religion :eek::biggrin:

Your profile pic makes me sick.
Reply 44
Original post by Cyanohydrin
Yeah women in Saudi Arabia are so liberated they cannot even drive a car...

That has nothing to do with Islam. Thats more culture.
Reply 45
Original post by maleeha95
Your profile pic makes me sick.

Hahahahaha god you've lived a sheltered life if a pair of lips make you sick.
That has nothing to do with Islam. Thats more culture.

no, its islamic law
Reply 47
Hahahahaha god you've lived a sheltered life if a pair of lips make you sick.

Its the tongue.
Yea, maybe because im not a whore, i dno.
Reply 48
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
no, its islamic law

Are you trying to say that the Shariah law says Muslim women cant drive?!
LOL. Yea thats why Muslim women drive in all other countries.
Reply 49
Its the tongue.
Yea, maybe because im not a whore, i dno.

I feel sorry for you if you ever have to venture out the house into the street, you might be sick or faint at all those tongues!

Your so ridiculous its funny. I cannot take you seriously after that.

Also, if it offends you take it up with TSR, its in their avatar selection :wink:
OP is simply a islamophobic
Reply 51
I feel sorry for you if you ever have to venture out the house into the street, you might be sick or faint at all those tongues!

Your so ridiculous its funny. I cannot take you seriously after that.

Also, if it offends you take it up with TSR, its in their avatar selection :wink:

Unlike you, I have a life.
Lol. kutti.
Reply 52
yeah, but it's from the daily mail... they probably believe that immigrants cause cancer.
Reply 53
Unlike you, I have a life.
Lol. kutti.

FAIL. You definately dont have much of a life if your frightened of a picture of a tongue. Maybe you should enrol in some Tongueaphobia counseling sessions.
Reply 54
FAIL. You definately dont have much of a life if your frightened of a picture of a tongue. Maybe you should enrol in some Tongueaphobia counseling sessions.

Who said im frightened? lol
Reply 55
The author obviously hasn't been in the presence of British women. That statute would just be impossible to uphold where the women are three times that of the men.
Reply 56
The Daily Mail is an incredibly incredibly credible source of information and has no hint of bias-ism
Reply 57
Original post by Martyn*
The author obviously hasn't been in the presence of British women. That statute would just be impossible to uphold where the women are three times that of the men.

And all foreign origin women are slim? LOL, we know that isnt true.

The majority of british men wouldnt get away with any of the behaviour this scholar has advised to muslims, they'd be out with a slap round the head. Mine would anyway.
Are you trying to say that the Shariah law says Muslim women cant drive?!
LOL. Yea thats why Muslim women drive in all other countries.

yes thats why saudis call muslims like yourself coconuts. most muslim countires dont follow islamic law do they- saudi is the originating home of islam.
Original post by Elipsis
Here are 6 different translations of Quaran verse 4:34, all from recognised and respected scholars in Islam:
]

Standard response: It's about the context you see...and erm.....what it's really saying is...erm.......erm......erm.... *neg and run* :tongue:.

Seriously though I just watched that panorama on honour killings. Damn these people need to be eradicated. I breed cockroaches for food for my reptiles, these "humans" are worth less then them. I'd feel more guilty for dropping my roaches in a vat of boiling fat then the type of "man" who beats his wife and then gets with his family and decides to kill her because she wants to run away.

It seriously makes me shake with rage that this sort of culture can still exist and that it can get a foot hold here. It needs stamping out, people who are found to commit honour killings need life, and that means the rest of their life in jail not just some petty amount like 15 years.

Latest

Trending

Trending