The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SoNotIram
Hey I'm a girl and I have an offer from them for Computer Science too!
Unfortunately I just got a rejection from Edinburgh today, gutted :frown: I think Heriot-Watt will probably be my first choice now. Need ABB in highers!

Oh finally, another girl doing CS:biggrin: I got a a rejection too today from Edinburgh too:tongue:
Hope we can both meet our offers. I would like to make some friends before I start:wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 261
Original post by pinkpaper94
Oh finally, another girl doing CS:biggrin: I got a a rejection too today from Edinburgh too:tongue:
Hope we can both meet our offers. I would like to make some friends before I start:wink:

I know! There's not many girls that do CS. I went to the Strathclyde interview and there was only 2 other girls there and the rest were all just guys :/
Original post by SoNotIram
I know! There's not many girls that do CS. I went to the Strathclyde interview and there was only 2 other girls there and the rest were all just guys :/

....:frown:
Reply 263
Original post by JordanR
I'll be doing maths, which means we'll probably share some modules/lectures/classes. :smile:

From what I know of my modules, I will do the 3 maths courses that cover AH maths instead of the normal maths modules done by other physics students in the first year so yea I would think we would be doing some similar things :tongue:
Original post by chill543
think im going to go there to do chemical engineering. really want to go, but im having a hard time commiting to it. is there anywere i can ask current students what it is like there to get there opionion?

but im fairly sure i want to go.....:smile:

Firmly accepted my unconditional for Chemical Engineering (MEng), was in the same boat as you for a bit but the more I looked into it the more I liked the uni. Anyone else accepted this course?
Reply 265
Original post by gargonroge
Firmly accepted my unconditional for Chemical Engineering (MEng), was in the same boat as you for a bit but the more I looked into it the more I liked the uni. Anyone else accepted this course?

i ended up firming swansea and cond heriott watt.....
Reply 266
Has any Biological Sciences applicant got an offer or a rejection, i.e. any replies ??
Reply 267
how old are most of you guys? ill be 19 when i start,,
Original post by emilursin

17, will be 18 January 2013
Reply 269
Original post by emilursin

You from england or did you just take a gap year? [considers it rude to ask if kept back a year... :colondollar:]

It is weird that Scottish applicants will be 17/going on 18 and everyone else is 1+ year(s) older.
Reply 270
Original post by Arianto
You from england or did you just take a gap year? [considers it rude to ask if kept back a year... :colondollar:]

It is weird that Scottish applicants will be 17/going on 18 and everyone else is 1+ year(s) older.

I'm going to be 19 when I start first year too! Might feel a bit old lol. I'm from an art back ground, going on to study Fashion BA
:smile:
19 too!
Reply 272
I'll be 20 in August. took a gap year, that's why.
Reply 273
Original post by qno2
Just got my rejection from edinburgh meaning ill be going to Heriot Watt providing I get my conditions. Anyone know anyone who will be doing Mathematical Physics?

Why do you say that? Is heriot-watt and edinburgh somehow connected? I mean does Edinburgh know if you have been rejected from there and so offer you a place? seems really strange because a friend of mine that had an offer from Edinburgh for 36points in the I.B diploma was yesterday rejected from Heriot-watt which only asked him for 29 points oO
I sent off my application in november got and acknowledgement email and everything yet still havent heard back from them to do chemical engineering and its killing me because me second choice is already open for applying for accomodations and i feel like im waiting on herriot watt and they are going to say no then ill end up with a bad accomodation for my second choice :frown:
Reply 275
I have a feeling that we'll have to wait for a while for those replies....
Reply 276
Original post by brunaeduarda
I sent off my application in november got and acknowledgement email and everything yet still havent heard back from them to do chemical engineering and its killing me because me second choice is already open for applying for accomodations and i feel like im waiting on herriot watt and they are going to say no then ill end up with a bad accomodation for my second choice :frown:

Original post by alaverka
I have a feeling that we'll have to wait for a while for those replies....

So far I've had offers from Glasgow and Aberdeen and a rejection from Strathclyde. I don't know what's talking so long for HW to reply.. I see so many people applying for accommodation already and I'm afraid I'll be left with the ones I don't want to go to!:tongue: I will give them one more week and then I'm firming Glasgow :rolleyes:
Reply 277
Original post by Kost_119
Why do you say that? Is heriot-watt and edinburgh somehow connected? I mean does Edinburgh know if you have been rejected from there and so offer you a place? seems really strange because a friend of mine that had an offer from Edinburgh for 36points in the I.B diploma was yesterday rejected from Heriot-watt which only asked him for 29 points oO

I'm pretty sure the Uni's don't even know which other unis you've applied to until way after any offers etc. Might just be down to competition for places perhaps...
Reply 278
Is anyone hoping to do second year entry chemical engineering? :smile:
Original post by SS*
Is anyone hoping to do second year entry chemical engineering? :smile:

Thought about it, for all of about 15 seconds one time before I realised I'll be one of the youngest (if not the youngest) in first year entry, never mind skipping a year and most people being that extra year older - as well as not knowing anyone. Would be interested to find out the ages of people that are jumping into second year though, maybe I'm assuming too much.

Quick Reply

Latest