The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It looks like a fairly standard strength/mass building routine to me.

Like you said the volume of everything looks pretty low so I can't see it being optimal for mass building but what do I know
Original post by Arturo Bandini
It looks like a fairly standard strength/mass building routine to me.

Like you said the volume of everything looks pretty low so I can't see it being optimal for mass building but what do I know

I've seen your body :3
Reply 1642
Original post by cowsforsale

Is his body ready?

you have?

:K:
Reply 1644
Anyone here tried out IA's spbr? I always see it being highly praised but it
doesn't look very 'difficult'? I suppose the cliche, 'as long as you add weight to the bar, eat and sleep well' fits here too..

Might move on to it since regular squatting is causin me so much hassle

Also, what are everyones favourite ab exercises ? I quite like front squat iso holds.

Squats, just squats. Sorry, in Rippetoe mode!

Hanging leg raises work for me; pretty hard (could only do 2-3 straight leg ones to begin with) and can add weight when they get easier. Pretty much all I do for abs!
I do a lot of situps and crunches and stuff in training for boxing (stuff that I think is fairly useless but coaches love).

One I actually like is weighted planks though. Simple but effective
Yes but at 13 years old you're unlikely to be as serious about it as when you're 18.

Good point though, we'd need a point of reference. Many people get great lighting, gym pump etc. and look amazing but you put them next to another person who doesn't even lift and you realise they're very small and it's all a very good illusion. Depends how tall he is too.
Reply 1647
^ looked into it and the dude is a competitive wrestler and American Football player since the young age. He's 6ft and weights 185lbs.
Anyone here tried out IA's spbr? I always see it being highly praised but it
doesn't look very 'difficult'? I suppose the cliche, 'as long as you add weight to the bar, eat and sleep well' fits here too..

Might move on to it since regular squatting is causin me so much hassle

I did it and didn't make any gains on it. The frequency on the lifts wasn't high enough, nor the volume. It's pretty much a hard-gainer routine and people who aren't hard-gainers who do hard-gainer routines are underselling themselves.

Original post by Michael XYZ
Yes but at 13 years old you're unlikely to be as serious about it as when you're 18.

I disagree. When you're 13 you probably won't be partying that much but when you're 18...
And you get parents cooking/free food.
on the downside, your food and portion sizes are pretty much controlled by your parents. i doubt they'd let you eat loads of eggs, meat and drink so much milk.
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
on the downside, your food and portion sizes are pretty much controlled by your parents. i doubt they'd let you eat loads of eggs, meat and drink so much milk.

not if your american! lol

my cousin who weighs like 200lbs as a kid even tho his mum fed him normal portions he was fat as **** mainly due to going to breakfast club at school even tho he has already had breakfast at home and having seconds for school dinners, any money he got was spent on food.
Original post by CB5
Imagine being this shredded at the age of 17

Strong neck:waist ratio.
Is it normal to be able to force your stomach out so far you could pass for a pregnant woman?
Original post by tommy1311
Is it normal to be able to force your stomach out so far you could pass for a pregnant woman?

well it happens to me, but i have no idea if it's normal.
Reply 1655
~2 hours + to go but here is the result so far of my half sleeve:

Reply 1656
Original post by CB5
^ looked into it and the dude is a competitive wrestler and American Football player since the young age. He's 6ft and weights 185lbs.

LOL Nevermind then. :biggrin:
Dinner was 3 large bacon sarnies. 500g of bacon in total.

Feelsgoodman.
He is muscular because he lifts weights and eats lots and he is lean because he play competitive sports.

I always say on here you need to be playing sports on top of your lifting. Most people that lift without doing other sports are fat.
the top rugby players in my uni had cracking physiques. but most had sh1t/average.

Latest