The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Adam Sandler gets a pet goldfish. But then, he and the goldfish become friends, and go into business together, or.. something.
A guy is walking down the street turns a corner and an old street bum that collects cans from bins is lying on the sidewalk having a heart attack. He calls the ambulance but doesn't know what else to do to help the old man. The old man smiles reaches in his coat and pulls out a piece of screwed up paper hands it to him and dies. He opens the paper and its a login to a website. The guy log's into the website and its an iWeb trading account with millions of dollars in shares listed.

the end!
A salesman knocks on a guys door and is dressed in old clothes and starts trying to sell him a really old style vaccum cleaner. The guy just sorry I'm interested and closes the door.

Later he reads an article in the paper that people have seen a ghost in the area of a salesman shot in the area 40 years earlier.
A guy is on his way to a job interview, and is early so he steps for a coffee. Its a take away one with a plastic lid. The lid comes off and the coffee tips all over his shirt.
Reply 24
I hav a competition of Short Films here at my coll..
please can you suggest me the sentimental story.. ?
i can create scripts on my own.. Please let me have a Good Story as soon as possible..

thanku,
Hi, this story has inspired me to make a short film off of it. I'd like to speak with you about further details!
Reply 26
Original post by Sinistra Manus
A man is sitting at a desk, rubbing a silver spoon with his thumb as he stares blankly at the wall before him. He let's out a lengthy sigh and ceases all movement. A while passes before he abruptly stands, enthusiasm enveloping every contour of his face as if an incredible idea had struck his mind. The strange man dashes from the front door of his house clad in only nightwear, he rushes into the car and -after a skipped scene of driving- hastily arrives at a large park. He blasts open the door with his foot and runs in a wild frenzy to the centre of the field, leaving the vehicle exposed to robbery.

The man stops... he is where he should be, he has made it! He whips out the spoon and gazes at it with awe struck eyes before plummeting it into the earth and digging. A loud clunk is heard and he discovers a peculiar container. Upon opening the artifact, he finds a silver knife and fork sitting within. Tears fall from the now shaking man's face as he puts the spoon inside the box and shuts it once more. He puts the set into its former abode beneath the ground and places the dirt back ontop. As he pats the final pieces of mud down, he places his two hands onto the ground and stares in silence...

HI, I really like that idea...can i please use it?!:smile:. I had been trying to come up with an idea for a film with little or no dialogue this seems perfect and simple.
Original post by bekbina
HI, I really like that idea...can i please use it?!:smile:. I had been trying to come up with an idea for a film with little or no dialogue this seems perfect and simple.

Doesn't have an end though....that's my only issue with it.

sometimes ambiguity is good but there's no payoff or even indication of how you should feel...

I'm not one for 'payoff's' myself as a filmmaker but that is the beginning of a story not a complete one, what would the pitch be 'Man uses spoon to dig up box, cries and puts it back - we don't know why' - I'm not saying it can't be an amazing story with a little work but I really want to know what happens....why it happens...
Right here's a quick one fired off my head:

A man (let's call him Charles - I like using names you can change it).

Charles is in a back alley, he has a gun in his hands. We hear police sirens, he shudders and breaks into a sprint down the alley dives over a fence and lands in a back yard. When he gets into the backyard he gently creeps towards the door and shoves it, it's locked so he kicks it down (or picklocks it he's a bad guy). He opens the door and enters this house and theirs a old man standing in the kitchen propped up by his walking stick. The old man proceeds to beat him up and swear at him before throwing him out the door shouting 'justice served traditionally scumbag'. The old man roles the bleeding burglar out in to the alley. A woman comes up and asks him what hapened he says got beat up by a pensioner, the woman laughs and walks on.

Thinking of calling it 21st century Britain.
Original post by ragnad
i can create scripts on my own.. Please let me have a Good Story as soon as possible..

thanku,

A man, clearly miserable, is explaining to his golfing colleague/s that he and wife are not speaking to one another and that all they do to communicate is leave each other little notes. After commiserating with him his friend/s suggest a game of golf the following day, to which he agrees.
Back at home and clearly the worse for wear, he finds his wife reading and watching TV clearly not in the talking mood. There are notes everywhere for him such as `so and so called' and `your dinners in the oven' etc.
When it is time for bed he thrusts a note into his wife's hands which says `I have an appointment at 6 am. Please wake me at 5!'
Dog tired he sets his alarm and sleeps the sleep of the dead. He wakes up very sleepy and suddenly swings his legs out of bed, wiping his eyes he grabs the alarm clock which tells him its 9 am. He stands up in a rage and as he grabs his dressing gown a piece of paper falls to the floor. It is a note from his wife which reads ` Wake up! It's 5 am.'
Reply 30
"matching the weather with the theme of the scene, it's been done so many times, it's getting pathetic." was that an intentional pun? XD you know that weather matching somebody's emotions is called pathetic fallacy
Reply 31
I have just recently started a blog about short film ideas... I am a big movie lover especialy short movies..It would be great if you would stop by my site to tell me what you think and of course i hope that articles i posted will help you find ideas for short movie. WebRep

Overall rating

This site has no rating
(not enough votes)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cberry
I saw a friend of mine over Christmas who lives in Vietnam and she was telling me about a true story in her local paper over there which I thought would make a great film:

A man kept finding food and things missing from his flat whenever he came back from work. He kept checking the locks and they all seemed fine. He thought it could be mice or rats but couldn't see any other signs of animals and the food items missing seemed to be too big. He eventually installed webcam/CCTV in the flat and saw an old woman on the film moving around his house and going through the kitchen. It transpired that she had been living in one of his cupboards for 5 years and coming out everyday to eat his food and use the toilet!

Creepy!

Hi, I have made some changes to this story, making a short film and film later on.
(TEN MINUTE SCRIPT?)

A police negotiator is sitting in a bar bragging about his conquests when he receives a call on his mobile. He apologizes to his captive audience explaining that apparently an Arab has threatened to blow up the house of the Ambassador of Arabia. He is a very cocky fella and cannot help but brag about how he will deal with it.

After arriving at the scene and being appraised of the situation, he approaches the large Arab gentleman in his flowing robes making gestures of friendship approaches, the man is seated directly outside the very large house belonging to the Ambassador.

The man skilfully puts the Arab at his ease asking `why he is doing this?' All the while using his expertise to evaluate the situation. The explosives around the Arabs waist are quite obvious, less so the wired trigger plunger in his hand on which his thumb is pressed firmly.

The Arab who speaks fluent English explains that while he has a dual passport his wife has been denied entry into the UK, and no amount of pressure can persuade the British authorities to relax their stance.

The negotiator really couldn't care a fig but acts as though he is sympathetic. After finding out from the Arab that the Ambassadors wife and staff are imprisoned in the house, he lays on really thick how he can help him if only he would trust him, and that he actually has no little influence with the relevant authorities. The Arab is profuse in his thanks.

The negotiator tells the Arab that he will leave and make the arrangements and assures him he will come back. To which the Arab agrees. He leaves the scene and returns to the group of police hiding outside the house.

When asked the current situation he just asks for a coffee before explaining that the Arab is all wired up and that there is no problem, and that he gained his trust. He tells his compatriots that when they see him shaking hands they break cover and arrest the Arab. He finishes his coffee and biscuits laughing and joking with his colleagues before walking back to the Arab.

The Arab looks anxiously at the negotiator who winks to him as he sits a little closer. He tells him everything is in hand and that it appears there was a mix up at the foreign office and that it has all been sorted.

Tears form in the eyes of the Arab and he clearly starts to cry with joy blubbing his appreciation. The negotiator proud of his deceit is now enjoying his work and lays it on really thick. The Arab gets more and more grateful.

`My friend My friend' he cries ` However can I thank you Allah is merciful and all praise be upon you'

`No need for that sir' says the negotiator `We just need to get away from here and release the staff' `Come on now' he says standing and offering his hand to the Arab.

The Arab struggles to stand with the explosives around his waist, and in his excitement offers his hand to the negotiator `Please?' he asks.

Both have a split second of wide eyed open mouthed comprehension on their faces as the Arab has to take his finger off the trigger.

Bit long but needed to set the mood!

Original post by ragnad

thanku,
Reply 34
Ideas... there are so many ways you can go. How about this one?

(I must admit i got it from that site) :colondollar:

Among a group of homeless kids, a shy but talented homeless girl is discovered by a wealthy art collector while creating art at an Art Center; through her new friendship with this collector, it's discovered that she ran away from home; she is forced to confront the issues with her family that caused her to run away and in the end she rejoins the family and is sent to a prestigious art school to hone her craft and for the first time, we see her beautiful smile.

I think that's a good start.

Cheers,
Akachi
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 35
I would really like to work on this idea of yours if you allow me to do so. Also i would like you to give me a bit of brief details for the ending as to it looks very complicated and most people might not understand!

Original post by Sinistra Manus
A man is sitting at a desk, rubbing a silver spoon with his thumb as he stares blankly at the wall before him. He let's out a lengthy sigh and ceases all movement. A while passes before he abruptly stands, enthusiasm enveloping every contour of his face as if an incredible idea had struck his mind. The strange man dashes from the front door of his house clad in only nightwear, he rushes into the car and -after a skipped scene of driving- hastily arrives at a large park. He blasts open the door with his foot and runs in a wild frenzy to the centre of the field, leaving the vehicle exposed to robbery.

The man stops... he is where he should be, he has made it! He whips out the spoon and gazes at it with awe struck eyes before plummeting it into the earth and digging. A loud clunk is heard and he discovers a peculiar container. Upon opening the artifact, he finds a silver knife and fork sitting within. Tears fall from the now shaking man's face as he puts the spoon inside the box and shuts it once more. He puts the set into its former abode beneath the ground and places the dirt back ontop. As he pats the final pieces of mud down, he places his two hands onto the ground and stares in silence...
I have already written and produced several shorts on my own or with my club. The last winning a trophy with commendations from BIAFF, but I like the thought of coming up with my own ideas.

For a very short sketch with only a cast of two plus sound effects try this.

Scene (Stationary Camera) Shows a bath room door open for several seconds preferably 10. A very fat person enters the bathroom taking up all the door space before shutting the door behind them.

Hear clear sounds of the ministrations of going through the motions with grunts and moans plus the obvious sounds of displaced water (large splooshes and plops).

There follows the sound of flushing and the water into the sink etc. Then the door opens and out comes a very thin person wearing very baggy clothes.

(Remember you will only see the back of the fat person entering.)

Done properly good for a laugh.
Reply 37
Original post by Greg Fester
A man, clearly miserable, is explaining to his golfing colleague/s that he and wife are not speaking to one another and that all they do to communicate is leave each other little notes. After commiserating with him his friend/s suggest a game of golf the following day, to which he agrees.
Back at home and clearly the worse for wear, he finds his wife reading and watching TV clearly not in the talking mood. There are notes everywhere for him such as `so and so called' and `your dinners in the oven' etc.
When it is time for bed he thrusts a note into his wife's hands which says `I have an appointment at 6 am. Please wake me at 5!'
Dog tired he sets his alarm and sleeps the sleep of the dead. He wakes up very sleepy and suddenly swings his legs out of bed, wiping his eyes he grabs the alarm clock which tells him its 9 am. He stands up in a rage and as he grabs his dressing gown a piece of paper falls to the floor. It is a note from his wife which reads ` Wake up! It's 5 am.'

Hi, I really like this idea, can I use it for a short I'm making? I will be sure to credit you and send you the final film! Was it your own idea or did you read/see it somewhere?
Thanks!
I think I am in love with this idea!! its genius!
Reply 39
Original post by thornwivans
A guy is walking down the street turns a corner and an old street bum that collects cans from bins is lying on the sidewalk having a heart attack. He calls the ambulance but doesn't know what else to do to help the old man. The old man smiles reaches in his coat and pulls out a piece of screwed up paper hands it to him and dies. He opens the paper and its a login to a website. The guy log's into the website and its an iWeb trading account with millions of dollars in shares listed.

the end!

Can I use this idea? I'll tailor it up a bit. Do you mind? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending