The Student Room Group

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
biology, chemistry, physics, math, critical thinking (as part of aqa bacc) :smile: I'm hoping to do medicine, at oxford so hopefully i do well and i will get in.
Bio, Chem, Phy, Math upto A2; maybe Eng. Lang. or Geography upto AS, or maybe neither of them.... depends.
Maths
Physics
Economics
Applied Business Studies

Hm, I sense a common theme in my choices :tongue:
Maths, Further Maths, Politics, Economics and History (as well as an EPQ, but I've already finished that). Fun fun fun :biggrin:
Reply 1184
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics- not sure as I'm not great at it
Or Drama
Original post by thisisLiveTv
Maths, Further, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Critical Thinking, ICT

Sorry the purpose of 7 ASs are....?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by thisisLiveTv
not really my choice, we have to do critical thinking, I'm just about to finish ICT, and further maths is taken additionally.

Good luck, i took maths physics art and computing and finding myself with little to no time lol.

Original post by pixelfrag
Sorry the purpose of 7 ASs are....?

Critical Thinking doesn't really count and having 6 real ASes could because they don't know what they want to at university and want a wide range of choices or if they are really intelligent to show off to universities like Oxbridge 6As at AS with predictions of mainly A*s of the 6 or 5 depending on whether they want to drop 1 for A2 and universities accept people with 4A*s ahead of people with 3A*s.
History, economics, sociology A Levels to do history at uni - do they sound alright/respectable?
French, German, Spanish + Geography

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Original post by Dalek1099
Critical Thinking doesn't really count and having 6 real ASes could because they don't know what they want to at university and want a wide range of choices or if they are really intelligent to show off to universities like Oxbridge 6As at AS with predictions of mainly A*s of the 6 or 5 depending on whether they want to drop 1 for A2 and universities accept people with 4A*s ahead of people with 3A*s.

IMO doing more AS's isn't a sign of intelligence. It just says you can remember more before the test. You may have people in your school who do a huge number of ASs, always get top marks in tests and such but you can be sure that only half of them will be "intelligent". The rest will be "school-smart", those who will read and memorise all the information and then just spill it out on test day, but those people I would not regard as being intelligent.
Reply 1191
Original post by willbarnes
Maths, Further Maths, Politics, Economics and History (as well as an EPQ, but I've already finished that). Fun fun fun :biggrin:

I'm pretty similar- Maths, Further Maths, Economics, History and Physics :biggrin:
Original post by gravitationalpull
That's pretty cool dude. I heard Japanese is a pretty difficult language. Are you a native?

no
Reply 1193
German, French, Latin and Classics
Do the people doing 5 As's, do you think you can manage it?

Why did you decide to do 5, out of curiosity?:smile:
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and hopefully English Literature. I think there might be a clash with Biology and Literature though so I might end up taking Psychology.
Anyone else hoping to do pharmacy in the future? :smile:
Biology, Chemistry, English Literature, Maths
Reply 1197
Original post by Taliahart

I hope I can, but I'm scared I won't! :tongue: I guess only time will tell :unsure:

I'm doing 5 because my school only offers Further Maths as a 5th option, and I want to do Econ/Maths at Uni and FMaths is sometimes necessary :smile:
planning on taking
English Lit, Maths, Geography, RE and Economics:smile:
i am wanting to become a lawyer:biggrin:
Original post by Taliahart

pretty sure i can mnage it's just the subjects i enjoy and do not want to drop!!

Quick Reply

Latest