The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
SO annoyed. I made one teeny tiny error on 8c and got the wrong x.

seeing as 8d and e follow on from c's answer...how many marks would I lose for doing the correct method and everything just wrong values? Would it be :

1) all the marks for just getting it wrong
2) I'd get one out of two for each d and e for method marks
or 3) error carried forward so wouldn't lose marks on d and e, just c?
Can't believe people didn't learn the proof!
Reply 142
Original post by Phoebe307
Just have a couple of questions:

I did the log question by trial and error :/ got the right answers - is that full marks automatically? If not, how many do you think? (It's out of 5)

I got 56.7 for the area under the curve rather than 343/6 (which equals 57.2) don't know how I got it just a little wrong, but do you think it's close enough for the marks?

It said the EXACT area for the integration, therefore you will probably only lose one mark.
Thanks for the upload arsey
For the binomial expansion I got a bit confused and didnt believe that 3 lines of working would get me 4 marks ....
So i hesitated and divided the whole answer by 8 thinking it would be simplified :frown:
The right answer is still there though ... Will i still get deducted a mark?
Reply 144
I cant seem to download the file...
Reply 145
Original post by Putch1
Can anyone pls confirm if my proofing will get full marks? This is exactly how i wrote it in the exam :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

-1 mark
Reply 146
Original post by Putch1
Can anyone pls confirm if my proofing will get full marks? This is exactly how i wrote it in the exam :frown:

No, there is an error

You wrote a + ar^n. Should be a - ar^n
Reply 147
Original post by Putch1

LOL, that is the answer. Don't know why you are worried.
Reply 148
Original post by niklasR

Anyway, in question 3 for the perimeter of the sector I forgot to add the radius, so basically I calculated just the arc length (as 9.28). (3 marks)
And in question 6 I only got 0°, 39.2° & 90°, and not the other two solutions.. (5 marks)
How many marks would I have dropped there? I'm hoping for 90UMS, that should be alright, shouldn't it (with that)?

Thanks (also to Arsey for providing this!)

Nik

Sorry, to bother you, but it really bothers me :wink:
Original post by Phoebe307
Just have a couple of questions:

I did the log question by trial and error :/ got the right answers - is that full marks automatically? If not, how many do you think? (It's out of 5)

I got 56.7 for the area under the curve rather than 343/6 (which equals 57.2) don't know how I got it just a little wrong, but do you think it's close enough for the marks?

1. For the logs, you'll probably only get one or two marks, as with all respect, you have shown no actual mathematical ability / "proper" working out
2. As long as your working out was clear and correct you should probably only lose one or two marks
Reply 150
For the first question isnt the third term working out wrong? It's meant to be 2^3 and not 2^4?
Reply 151
Original post by Matt17
It said the EXACT area for the integration, therefore you will probably only lose one mark.

Reply 152
75/75! Made up with that. Grade boundaries will rise though.

After this resit and my M1 last week I think I need about 40/100 UMS on C4 to get an A overall :biggrin:
Original post by Arsey
C2 May 2012

Overall I think this was a very easy paper.

Q1 Binomial Expansion

Standard and no tricky b)

Q2 Logs

Standard, very easy

Q3 Circles

I expected a rearranging into circle form, the rest of the question was very easy, part d) was a joke

Q4 Factor Theorem

Very easy

Q5 Area under a graph by integration

Slightly harder than normal as trapeZia often cause problems

Q6 Trig

I thought this was pretty easy but I understand it has caused quite a few problems

Q7 Trapezium rule

Joke

Q8 Trig

Pretty standard, lots of frameworking.

Q9 Geometric series

I hope you learnt the proof.... rest of the question was straight forward.

I think the boundaries will be really high

Last few June boundaries were 62, 62, 53, 63, 59, 67 for 80ums

I will guess at

100ums - 75
90ums - 70
80ums - 65
70ums - 57
60ums - 50
50ums - 43
40ums - 36

This thread will be locked at somepoint and then unlocked at midnight following the Core 2 examination. I will upload the paper and my solutions to this post.

I will do my best to answer questions about the paper but please try to read the thread first so that I am not answering the same questions lots of times.Here are some links to previous D1 threads, they are worth a read and you will see what the common errors were...

C2 Jan 2012 - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1892666

C2 June 2011 - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619114

The second link has loads of past papers, mark schemes, model solutions etc

Good luck.

Hello Arsey
I was just wondering do you know for your answer for the first question
You wrote (10)2^4 (-3x)^2

How did you manage to get +720x from that stage??
I got the final answer as you though :biggrin:
Reply 154
Original post by EffKayy
For the first question isnt the third term working out wrong? It's meant to be 2^3 and not 2^4?

yeah it is, I also saw that.
Reply 155
Original post by Prash3200165
It said in the question something like: "find the perimeter of the sector PTQ". If you read the question, it isn't 'badly framed'

PTQ was a triangle though. That's why it was confusing, a triangle can be a sector too (I think?). I think they definitely could have worded it better (I don't care, did it right anyway).
for circle question part c) i did correct working but got wrong values if y so will i get 2/3 marks?
Reply 157
Is the answer for 8. D) 85?? Or 185 i cant see it properly? I got answer as 85??
Reply 158
ugh going crazy over Integration question!!!
Reply 159
Original post by Sikkie
6b) My teacher said you lose a mark if you don't write 0 > 2x > 360, is this correct?

No your teacher is talking rubbish

Latest

Trending

Trending