The Student Room Group

How old were you when you first kissed someone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lefse
16 - don't worry :smile:

i'm 16 and still haven't - slightly worried because everybody else has
i'm in the same situation...also it seems like everyone has a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend when i have neither. kind of depressing...guess i''m going to be one of those girls who go to uni and still didnt even have a boyfriend...
Reply 62
Original post by harrietx123x

Don't worry Harriet it's perfectly normal, there's no age where you have to have kissed someone buy. When it happens it happens.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by midlandsman
Yes. I know it's easier said than done, but it really is a question of 'just doing it'. People talk a whole lot of bull about 'game' and how you must do this or that to get girls. But in reality all you need to do to get a kiss is just try. Even if you have no 'game' to speak of, a lot of club girls will take you up on the offer, provided you've flirted with them for all of 30 seconds.

How though? Its always my friends in a big group and then everyone else in a similiar position. I can't just walk up to a group of people when i don't have the slightest clue about flirting or anything. I can easily talk to girls as friends (know a lot more girls than guys) but anything further i have never attempted, because of my appaling self esteem and because i don't know how.

Original post by Lucia.
Then get higher self-esteem. Not trying to put you down but nothing will happen for you unless you put yourself into it. Whether it's a club or not, all people need at least a little bit of confidence. Feel worthy. :smile:

Yeah i think i am building it up too much because i don't have a clue what to expect. At least its reassuring that a girl won't care.

Its not as simple as ''get higher self esteem''. I've tried everything to try improve my physical appearance in the hope of boosting my self confidence but nothing has worked. I think i am fine for personality but you still have to be attractive and i hate the way i look so much. I'm absolutely disgusting in photos and can't see why anyone would be attracted to me. My friends (and even random drunks i meet on a night out) all say i have such low self confidence and i don't know what more i can do to try and raise it.
Reply 64
Original post by Anonymous
Its not as simple as ''get higher self esteem''. I've tried everything to try improve my physical appearance in the hope of boosting my self confidence but nothing has worked. I think i am fine for personality but you still have to be attractive and i hate the way i look so much. I'm absolutely disgusting in photos and can't see why anyone would be attracted to me. My friends (and even random drunks i meet on a night out) all say i have such low self confidence and i don't know what more i can do to try and raise it.

It's something you have figure out for yourself rather than rely completely on advice from other people. I know because I've had low self-esteem and it's easier than you think. Set yourself little confidence goals if you like. So if you're nervous about talking to a stranger for example then set yourself that challenge. Go through different challenges and keep building it up. What was scary before will become second-nature.

As for your looks...dress as well as you can, get a gym membership or take up sports, get a new haircut etc etc....In other words, feel good and make the most of what you've got. That'll always make you feel better about your looks, being as attractive as you possibly can be.

Someone will be attracted to you - believe that. No one is truly ugly and looks don't count for everything. Just go easy on yourself. You don't have to be the life of the party but building up your confidence in a way which will be beneficial to you is only a good thing. Looking your best definitely helps with that. And don't forget to smile.
Reply 65
10/11 and it meant nothing and wasn't proper then I was 12 going on 13 for my first, thrusted and passionate kiss and it wasn't anything spectacular, shame he didn't want to be gay, accepted the kiss though!
Reply 67
I was 13, it was such a horrendously bad kiss I had no idea what I was doing and apparently neither did he!
I was 14, and I'd asked the girl out 3 days previously-obviously she said yes. I know it doesn't sound that romantic, but it was in school just by the water cooler... Still one of my happiest memories lol... It was just as we all broke up for Christmas. I don't think I'll ever forget the looks on her face immediately afterwards. :biggrin:

Reply 69
I'm 18 and still not had my first kiss.
Reply 70
Original post by harrietx123x

Honestly, don't worry. I know how you feel. When I'd just turned 16 I felt like everyone was 'ahead' of me as they'd already kissed people or were even in relationships, but then I met a guy when I was almost 17 and had my first kiss. I even ended up getting engaged at 17 (bit of a dumb idea looking back, lol!), then all my friends were joking that I'd 'overtaken' them, haha!

Everyone has their first kiss at different times - don't rush into it just because your mates have. Your time will come :smile:
23 :teeth:
15 nearly 16 and never kissed anyone! Not really had a proper boyfriend

12 or maybe 13. It was horrible.
Reply 74
20 and still haven't
Reply 75
16 :L

I was 19.
Reply 77
Reply 78
Reply 79
Not many people know that I was 16 when I had my first real kiss, because here they have it much much younger (around age 11/12 I'd say). It was nice/awkward/funny all at the same time haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending