The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silentlife
Welcome back Mr. Extremelyhardworking. I bet you've done better than you say you have. :console: I can only keep up my attention span for 8h max a day... We're only human, but some are less human than others... :colone:
I'd call it obsessive rather than hardworking :lol: although I rarely do anything useful/ practical/ related to my A level courses in my spare time. I sort of procrastinate by doing other work that isn't really relevant :biggrin:

There are people who work more than me, but I'd like to think I still have something of a life whilst they don't :cool: . God I love idealism. And hypocrisy.

I'm off to play Pokemon and watch the football, learning the WJEC's retarded statistics definitions has damaged my mental well being :colonhash:
Original post by Etoile
Also, I got my college's buzzword today so I am starting to apply to UCAS! Is there a thread for us yet?

Ha, beat you, already filled in loads of my information on it :biggrin:
Reply 5642
Original post by Mendeleev's Table
Oh yeah, you do all of your Maths A-Level this year, don't you :eek2:
My exams were OK, bar a few dreadful ones (FP1 and D1 :mad:), but I still have C3 courswork, my EPQ and personal statement to be doing. I thought these weeks were supposed to be carefree :tongue:uppydogeyes:

EDIT: It seems I've forgotten all of the tsr emoticons :emo:

Yeah, I did it that way. C4 was fun!
This! I haven't made the slightest start on my EPQ or personal statement yet... I have no idea where to start.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Arva
This! I haven't made the slightest start on my EPQ or personal statement yet... I have no idea where to start.

Yep same here...
Reply 5644
And what's all this about entering information into UCAS online and registering with them?! Is there something I'm supposed to be doing?
Original post by Arva
And what's all this about entering information into UCAS online and registering with them?! Is there something I'm supposed to be doing?
Nope... not unless your school has asked you to. There's no rush to do it though...

I'm trying to remember if I registered ages back on UCAS or not.... having too many email accounts is a real pain, especially when there are probably a few I'm forgetting about and they all have different passwords :colonhash:
Anybody else finding it incredibly difficult to start their personal statement?
Original post by ElMoro
Loads of people think M1's hard; it's not unheard of! :lol: You'll be fine, though :yep:

I think A2 will definitely be a step up from AS by glancing at the stuff in the book. What subjects do you do again? Maths, physics, biology and Spanish right?

Are you just rubbing it in that I still have exams? :rofl: I'm not too bad just one more exam to go and I'm freeee :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hmm...I don't like C2 either. Sequences is so unbelievably boring. And we're going to start Stats soon...:yucky:

God, I hope not, AS was bad enough. :lol: Them and Chemistry, but I've now dropped Spanish. :smile:

Oh, sorry! I'd assumed that you'd finished. What do you have left? :console:
Original post by Defragmentation
Anybody else finding it incredibly difficult to start their personal statement?

Yep... My mum keeps on telling me to start, but I just keep on procrastinating and coming up with excuses not to. tbh I don't know how to start*... Any suggestions people...

*says I hoping she is not behind me
Reply 5649
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
Ha, beat you, already filled in loads of my information on it :biggrin:

I've filled in all the bits I know now, exciting! :biggrin:
Yep... My mum keeps on telling me to start, but I just keep on procrastinating and coming up with excuses not to. tbh I don't know how to start*... Any suggestions people...

write a long list of achievements/ interests and then home in on the relevant stuff.
Original post by Arva

C4 in year 12 would have killed me :afraid:
I know! The first sentence is the worst one to get.

Oooh, you're applying for computer science. I assume you're proficient in some programming languages and web development languages?
Original post by chickenonsteroids
NO NO NO UCAS is being shut down forever and all the universities are being closed so we can't go. :console: sorry about that :redface:

We could all carry out a revolution for no reason what so ever... Because that's what bored students do. (Think Communists.) :tongue:
Reply 5654

I still just have a list of bullet points :nothing:
And I still don't know what course :facepalm:

Original post by Arva

Our college is making us do it; got to have our personal statements done before the start of summer and our internal deadline for Oxbridge applications is 13th Sept.

Original post by Llewellyn
Nope... not unless your school has asked you to. There's no rush to do it though...

I'm trying to remember if I registered ages back on UCAS or not.... having too many email accounts is a real pain, especially when there are probably a few I'm forgetting about and they all have different passwords :colonhash:

I know this feel :yep:
Original post by NutterFrutter
Oooh, you're applying for computer science. I assume you're proficient in some programming languages and web development languages?

Haha... I'm no where near proficient - all I know is some very basic C++ and I'm learning Python. I enjoy logic, reasoning, mind sports and maths; I think that's an OK reason for going for Computer Science... (Says I optimistically.)

Edit: I like computers and technology too. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
You're all writing personal statements already :erm:
Original post by berryripple
You're all writing personal statements already :erm:

Who is? :dontknow:
Haha... I'm no where near proficient - all I know is some very basic C++ and I'm learning Python. I enjoy logic, reasoning, mind sports and maths; I think that's an OK reason for going for Computer Science... (Says I optimistically.)

I think those are some good reasons :smile: You could also have a look at some of the courses offered by the unis you're interested in and see if that inspires you to write something good...
Who is? :dontknow:

Everyone above seems to be talking about doing so.

Latest