The Student Room Group

Embarrassed about speaking to my supervisor

A couple of weeks ago, I found out that I achieved a 1st for my dissertation. I've been rather busy recently (sorting out a job, amongst other things) ... and, whilst I would briefly think 'Oh, I should e-mail my supervisor', it was soon pushed out of my mind.

Now, I know I really should thank my supervisor or even meet up with him for feedback and so forth ... but I'm worried that it's just been too long since finding out the results to suddenly come out with it. :colondollar:

Has it been too long, or should I contact him regardless?
Reply 1
Original post by Robinson's_Crusade
A couple of weeks ago, I found out that I achieved a 1st for my dissertation. I've been rather busy recently (sorting out a job, amongst other things) ... and, whilst I would briefly think 'Oh, I should e-mail my supervisor', it was soon pushed out of my mind.

Now, I know I really should thank my supervisor or even meet up with him for feedback and so forth ... but I'm worried that it's just been too long since finding out the results to suddenly come out with it. :colondollar:

Has it been too long, or should I contact him regardless?

It's not really necessary for you to contact your supervisor and say thanks and he probably isn't expecting you to, but if you'd like to thank him anyway, just email him now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending