The Student Room Group

Results Day: Check Track before collecting results?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It was six years ago when I had my results, but yeah I checked track before I went to school...
Tip guys, last year track wasn't letting people long on due to the sheer volume of students trying to access their ucas page. However, someone posted a link on tsr which takes you to the track log-in page, but it lets you long in straight away without it crashing or denying you access. Look for this link if you cannot access your account, if i find it i will make a thread called 'track log-in link' on the day for you you guys, good luck:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by buddhacoffee
Track seems a little too direct in the sense that you either have an 'unconditional' or have been 'unsuccessful'!

Track generally only updates for around half of applicants - don't log in EXPECTING to see an answer either way.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2069579 has more info

Original post by PQ
point at the (now very old but still valid) Results Day Flowchart in my sig

Public Service Announcement: Track on Results Day

I know I keep banging on about this but until the rumours die out completely then I'm going to keep spamming up your thread :p:

When will Track update
Track will go live between 6 and 8am on results day. UCAS are saying 8am - it might go live earlier. It WON'T go live at midnight.

At that point EVERYONE will be able to see any decisions that their universities have sent to UCAS.

Just because it's live doesn't mean it will update for everyone. About half the people last year didn't get a clear answer from Track first thing on Results Day - they had to collect their results and then ring up their firm/insurance unis.

My Track didn't change - is it worth hitting refresh until it does
NO - once Track goes live again it then gets re-frozen in that state (because UCAS need to handle everyone and their dog hitting refresh constantly). Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 6am and midday. Hitting refresh just slows things down for everyone else.

Give yourself some good karma - get off Track and go and buy the Telegraph(just in case), get together your contact numbers for your unis, top your phone up with credit (and charge it) and get ready to collect your results from School.

My Track didn't change! That means I failed!!!
NO - lots of people last year (and the year before) met their offer but Track hadn't updated. Universities have to MAUALLY conpare every set of results with the offer conditions - even if it's a simple YES or NO for every one of those that means a lot of data input to put in to their database to send through to UCAS.

If Track hasn't changed then that means that either:
a) You've met your offer and your uni knows that and hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
b) You've met your offer and your uni doesn't know that because your results got muddled up so they're waiting to talk to you to check before telling UCAS.
c) You've missed your offer but your uni wants you anyway but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
d) You've imssed your offer but your uni want to make you an offer for a similar but less full course and haven't got round to telling UCAS.
e) You've missed your offer and your uni haven't decided yet whether they can take you or not - they might need to see how many Insurance people they have to take before they know they've got room first.
f) You've missed your offer and your firm uni doesn't want you but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.

In other words - if Track hasn't changed that doesn't give ANY indication as to whether your results are good or bad. In fact in some ways it's good - of those 50% of applicants who got a definite answer on results day last year...?....some of them got a definite rejection. Being in limbo for a couple of hours is a GOOD thing compared to that.

My Firm place has confirmed me! That means I passed my A levels!!!
NO - remember - these things are decided MANUALLY....someone somewhere sits down with a pile of UCAS forms and a list of results and ticks off results against offers. If your firm has confirmed you - well done! You're in! BUT don't go into School/College expecting to see a long line of A grades. Just as a lot of unis can be slow in sending decisions to UCAS, some unis are VERY quick and will not only confirm the people who met their offers but will have confirmed a whole BUNCH of people who missed their grades.
Original post by Kidneyjean
My school refuses to open any earlier than 10.30am to let us get our results, and they aren't organised enough to set up the online results thing. There is no way I'm waiting until 10.30.

You might still be - if track hasn't updated then universities aren't allowed to talk to you until you've collected your results (and once track goes live it'll only start to update live again around midday so it wont change between 6am and 10,30am)

Original post by kirino1
ahh yes! ive been waiting for a thread like this to pop up.
Ive missed my firm (cuz of AQAs stupid ECON3 exam) and i have no insurance so im 95% sure im in clearing. atleast by checking UCAS at 8am (if it works) and finding out for certain my situation. I can get the telegraph on the way to school and find out where (most likely ECON3) it all went wrong when i get my results.
Sounds like a plan?

sort of but don't count on anything being definite
a) you *might have got the grades
b) you *might still get accepted even with lower grades

Buying the paper is always a good idea though - even if you don't need it someone else at your school might (and if there's ever a day when good karma is worth stocking up on then it;s results day)

Original post by ellasmith
Everyone who's worried about track not updating, UCAS have changed their email update policy! They will now email us whether we have got into our firm or insurance now probably as a security blanket so there isn't a repeat of last year..

Changes to UCAS email policy
To ensure you remain informed about the status of your application, we have changed our email policy. We had said that we would not send you emails with information about the decisions made by institutions, but we do now plan to send emails to applicants about the status of their offers. This will ensure that you get information much more quickly.

The first emails will go out at 8.10am
These emails are an email version of the AS12 letter - they will ONLY be sent to people who are confirmed and committed to either their firm or insurance (so for an insurance choice that relies on your firm deciding to reject you AND telling UCAS AND your insurance deciding to take you AND telling UCAS).
If you're in limbo, if you've been placed into clearing, if your firm has rejected you but insurance are still undecided/haven't told UCAS their decision yet then you don't get any email notification.

Original post by HotfireLegend
All-nighter here I come!

This is a truely awful idea. Please for your own sake try to get a decent nights sleep
Original post by PQ

This is a truely awful idea. Please for your own sake try to get a decent nights sleep

Oh come on, it'll be fun -.-'

(lol)
Reply 45
As I don't have a uni offer, I'll just get results.
Reply 46
I have access to ResultsPlus so I will be able to check my results online as soon as they are released (should be around 8pm). I believe I am going to check my results before track UNLESS I wake up late and find a new email from UCAS already pushed on my phone. If that is the case, I don't think I'll be able to resist opening it.
Thinking of the results day though gives me an instant tachycardia even though I'm pretty confident about my results. (if KCL didn't long for a * I would've been much more though)
Anyhow, good luck to all of us guys, hope everything goes as expected for each and everyone in here.
Original post by PQ
You might still be - if track hasn't updated then universities aren't allowed to talk to you until you've collected your results (and once track goes live it'll only start to update live again around midday so it wont change between 6am and 10,30am)

Mmm, that'll suck, I just want to know already :tongue: I was wondering what the policy was on talking to unis before track updates- thanks for clarifying!
Reply 48
My college starts giving out results at 7am so I'll be checking results first. If I had to wait until after 8am then I'd check Track first.
Reply 49
Between 6 and 8 am?? Aaarghh I will just end up setting my alarm for 6 and sitting on my laptop waiting for 2 hours!

Then I'm going to rush down to college at half 8 and get the telegraph aswell, since I've had a change of heart and I don't want to go to my firm or insurance :rolleyes:
I'll be camping when the results are out, so I'm gonna check back track when i arrive back at my house, (on the 18th) lol, i told my parents not to open my grades that the school will send home (due to me not being in school), i just wanna know whether i got my firm/insurance. Then after i can check the results slip :colone::
First and foremost, what matters to me is whether I got in or not, and whether it's my firm or insurance.
So obviously I'll be trying to log into track and/or refresh my email constantly.
After that, I'll probably try to find my CCEA log-on to get my two results on that exam board. Then I'll head into school to get my AQA result.
1- How will this affect clearing/accomodation? ie, can you apply for accomodation at your insurance or go into clearing before results day?

2- When will the outcome of your results show up on Track?
Reply 53
Original post by Justme!
I have access to ResultsPlus so I will be able to check my results online as soon as they are released (should be around 8pm). I believe I am going to check my results before track UNLESS I wake up late and find a new email from UCAS already pushed on my phone. If that is the case, I don't think I'll be able to resist opening it.
Thinking of the results day though gives me an instant tachycardia even though I'm pretty confident about my results. (if KCL didn't long for a * I would've been much more though)
Anyhow, good luck to all of us guys, hope everything goes as expected for each and everyone in here.

Same!! I'm really lucky that all my subjects are edexcel so i can check my results on ResultsPlus and hopefully check track to see if i got a place at uni:biggrin:. I think results will be available on ResultsPlus at 6:00 :confused:?
Reply 54
Original post by lucyp
My school is opening at 8am for results anyway so I can't check before hand :smile:

mine too. they are worried about changes to how many people the unis can take with below AAB ( new government rules apparently) .they want us there early in case we need to do clearing.
I'll definitely check track first if it lets me on! I'm so fed up of waiting! That is going to be one emotional all nighter.
Reply 56
Original post by TheCookieduck
I'm checking track. I'm an impatient and emotional person, so that seems like the best option for me :tongue:
That way I can find out if I'm in or not as soon as possible, while also avoiding crying in front of people if I don't get in. I've cried twice now in front of everyone, I don't need to go through that crap again :colondollar:

OMG I'm exactly like you. Ive cried for some reason every year and everyone knows I'm an emotional wreck. At least if I check track at home then I can cry in private and go to school acting like nothings wrong. What course and what uni??
I'm definitely going to try and check track before heading out to get my results. Feeling doubtful as to how well I did and I don't really want to have to find out in front of all my teachers/friends. If I've done awfully at least I can react in private and not in front of everyone. Can you tell I've already been having nightmares about results day? :colondollar:
Reply 58
Reading this thread is making me feel physically sick D: I am terrified for results day, after how my exams went I KNOW that I havent got in D: Anybody fancy drowning sorrows on results day with me?
Reply 59
I checked track before...couldn't resist the urge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending