The Student Room Group

Why do guys go out clubbing to 'pull'

...I just want to know what the point is? Well, I know what that is :lol:

...but isn't going out all the time 'to pull' just a road to disapoint? I want to know how many guys go home after a night out disapointed (well the ones who go out t pull anyway). Do you even feel disapointed after a night out if you're leaving without a woman? Do some guys just like the adventure?

Is it like Del Boy and Rodney's quest to become rich? When they finally make it they feel down, miserable and bored?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Most people go out to pull. Blame society and the media.
Reply 2
Original post by jblackmoustache

...but isn't going out all the time 'to pull' just a road to disapoint? I want to know how many guys go home after a night out disapointed (well the ones who go out t pull anyway). Do you even feel disapointed after a night out if you're leaving without a woman? Do some guys just like the adventure?

Is it like Del Boy and Rodney's quest to become rich? When they finally make it they feel down, miserable and bored?

I think you should always go out with your mates to have a laugh, and just make pulling a secondary thing to do, that way you still have a good night out. Like you say, if you base your whole night around pulling, you're likely to get frustrated. I also think you've got to enjoy the thrill of the chase.
Reply 3
The point behind going out to pull is generally... to pull. But like Mankytoes (nice username btw :P ) said, going out just to pull will lead to disappointment, whereas generally I like to look back at how good the night has been.
Come on lads pull .... to me, to you, to me, to you ...... :tongue:

Jokes aside, the guys above are right! Many do go out to just pull. But like with any venture, success is never guarenteed. If you're on a night out, you'll soon realise that you're surrounded by people your age that are looking for pretty much the same thing - to meet someone. So, its one of the better opportunities to meet a good looking girl and strike up a good conversation, unlike for example on the train or bus when people are trying to get somewhere.

Some misunderstand the whole night out thing and think its simply about finding a girl to sleep with. These foolish people should be directed to the nonsense that is Geordie Shore for further directions on how to proceed.
Well, if you are good at pulling, which isn't too difficult to be honest then going out to pull may not always lead to disappointment. If you are looking to bang a lass, that is going to be 5-10x more diffiicult if you go by statistics, so looking for a bird to bang on a night out may often leave you disappointed, but if you talk to 5-10 new ladies in a night, you have a decent chance of pulling as long as you know what you're doing. Just don't expect to be baaalls deep with every pull
It's more about meeting people, having a laugh. You won't pull every single night you go out, but the nights you fail you you can just learn from.
Original post by superduper9
Come on lads pull .... to me, to you, to me, to you ...... :tongue:

Jokes aside, the guys above are right! Many do go out to just pull. But like with any venture, success is never guarenteed. If you're on a night out, you'll soon realise that you're surrounded by people your age that are looking for pretty much the same thing - to meet someone. So, its one of the better opportunities to meet a good looking girl and strike up a good conversation, unlike for example on the train or bus when people are trying to get somewhere.

Some misunderstand the whole night out thing and think its simply about finding a girl to sleep with. These foolish people should be directed to the nonsense that is Geordie Shore for further directions on how to proceed.

Are there any other places to meet girls? I just don't stand a chance in a club :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire
Reply 8
girls do it as well.......
Reply 9
Are there any other places to meet girls? I just don't stand a chance in a club :frown:

Why do you not stand a chance?

Libraries, hospitals, primary schools....
Reply 11
Original post by Waitingname
Libraries, hospitals, primary schools....

Primary schools. Sure the OP isn't a paedophile

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Chobo
Why do you not stand a chance?

There are way better looking guys in clubs, everything is about 1st impression and I am rubbish at conversation. I.honestly don't know how to approach anyone

Reply 13
There are way better looking guys in clubs, everything is about 1st impression and I am rubbish at conversation. I.honestly don't know how to approach anyone

First part is one of the biggest myths still going. Looks are not important to a girl, it's social value and confidence which funnily enough can stem from being good looking but is NOT a direct trait. They may say that looks matter to them but this is a predetermined thing hardwired into the brain; they want the man who is the most likely to display protective traits and that is achieved by being confident and self assured and not giving a **** what people think.

I do agree with approach, that's more difficult but it's just something you have to suck up and go for, the more rejections the better to be honest because it allows you to build up a thick skin.
Original post by Hanny18
Primary schools. Sure the OP isn't a paedophile

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
what's pulling? :/
You either succeed or learn something, the fact that you will probably come home empty-handed is NOT a reason to not go out on the pull.
The more you learn the more you succeed............
Original post by Mrx123
girls do it as well.......

Guilty as charged... :colondollar: Girls do it for the same reason than guys. For me the nights out are always about having a laugh with my friends, pulling is just a bit of fun on the side (and it's not like I do it all the time). Somehow I think it's easier for girls to pull.

For guys, if you don't feel confident enough pulling girls in clubs, try a coffee shop or something. Although, saying that, if you do successfully pull in a non-party related environment (aka not a club or a bar), it is likely that the girl in question will expect something more than just a one time thing. But if you're fine with that, go for it. Just being friendly and funny tends to work, confidence is always good so at least attempt to relax and not try too hard (trying too hard will probably be read as creepy).
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
Guilty as charged... :colondollar: Girls do it for the same reason than guys. For me the nights out are always about having a laugh with my friends, pulling is just a bit of fun on the side (and it's not like I do it all the time). Somehow I think it's easier for girls to pull.

For guys, if you don't feel confident enough pulling girls in clubs, try a coffee shop or something. Although, saying that, if you do successfully pull in a non-party related environment (aka not a club or a bar), it is likely that the girl in question will expect something more than just a one time thing. But if you're fine with that, go for it. Just being friendly and funny tends to work, confidence is always good so at least attempt to relax and not try too hard (trying too hard will probably be read as creepy).

All the girls in my flat last year brought bk different guys weekly....lets just say the noise was unbearable......
Reply 19

Fail to prepare and prepare to fail.

If you do it right, you will pull more often than not, and pulling is rarely disappointing, because it leads to sex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending